Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets

JonCon's Red Beard

I'm gonna give Dany a "pass" (as in not exactly condemning nor approving/endorsing her actions) because I am pretty sure she had something like post partem psychosis. Also, the conversation they had after she found out her baby died made it seem like the sacrifice was Rhaego all along but MMD let them believe the sacrifice was the horse. Taking that into account, whether MMD was just taking credit or not, Dany certainly believed that woman killed her unborn child so yeah...

Certainly, if Dany had reasonably believed that MMD had intentionally killed Rhaego, then Dany's execution of MMD would be much less problematic. Or even if Dany had, in good faith, believed that MMD had done such an act, then it would be less problematic as well.

I'd like Dany to stay in Essos. And no, i dont dislike her. I feel Essos is where she belongs now. I believe she needs to visit Westeros before she realises this though

ETA: And I find nothing ambiguous/morally grey about Jaime throwing Bran from a window. Thats always an unpopular opinion when I mention it.

If MMD did not intentionally kill Rhaego, then you know what? Then I think she really got the shaft by Dany, her bad thoughts notwithstanding. I mean bad thoughts are just not enough in my book to condemn someone. So, it's hugely problematic that Dany executed her, if MMD did not in fact intentionally kill Rhaego.

Justifying MMD's execution on her bad acts is one thing. Justifying her execution her bad thoughts is quite another.

I've always been operating under the assumption that MMD did intentionally kill Rhaego. It's interesting that some people don't think so. I am going to have to go back and re-read that whole chapter.

And, I hardly blame MMD getting vengeance upon Drogo.

I'm in the middle of a re-read of the entire series, although I'm still on AGoT due to school. I'll take a closer look at these chapters as well. From what I recall, MMD does not seem to mean Drogo or Rhaego intentional harm at first, but when things go south, she gives herself credit for the misfortune. But why she would do so if it wasn't her intention? :dunno:

I imagine Griff knocks at Yandry and Ysilla's door when they try to have sex to tell them "stop it and shut the fuck up". People in that boat is forbidden from being happy :(

:bowdown:

(That moment when you realize that even Sam has gotten more than Aegon...)

Some more I had today:

Tywin's "Kill the entire family so there are no sons to swear vengeance" ideology is stupid. Sure, there are no sons left, but the family had friends and allies and those friends and allies have friends and allies of their own. If that tactic is to truly work, you'd have to kill everyone who ever cared about the people you're killing, and everyone who ever cared about them. Before you know it, you and maybe your family would be the only ones left.

Also: I'd like to do a write-up sometime about the various medical facets of ASoIaF -- diagnoses of certain characters' physical ailments, the likelihoods of characters surviving certain injuries they've had, what's wrong with Hodor, Elia's illness, Sam's stubborn obesity, the possible chemical composition of certain poisons, and so on. I've had a lot of ideas on things I've read here and there. I'd want to do a re-read first to make sure I get everything, though.

I'm in the middle of a re-read of the entire series, although I'm still on AGoT due to school. I'll take a closer look at these chapters as well. From what I recall, MMD does not seem to mean Drogo or Rhaego intentional harm at first, but when things go south, she gives herself credit for the misfortune. But why she would do so if it wasn't her intention? :dunno:

I assume to give herself a sense of power/ vindication.

:bowdown:

(That moment when you realize that even Sam has gotten more than Aegon...)

I actually wondered about that. When Tyrion was talking to the girl Illyrio sent him, she says she was bought to please the King. Later, in the same chapter IIRC, Illyrio say something about the King. I can't remember but I think it was about the clothes Tryion was wearing. On my first read I just thought he was talking about Viserys, but on a reread I wondered if he was talking about Aegon.

I really hope/theorize that Tyrion has greyscale, and it's dormant for now. It's not fair that JonCon gets greyscale for trying to save that pathetic little man and Tyrion doesn't.

I'm pretty sure that won't happen since this series is notorious for characters NOT getting what they deserved. However as much as I like Tyrion (though he really got on my nerves in ADWD) it would be kinda nifty if he turned into a gargoyle. :D

I really hope/theorize that Tyrion has greyscale, and it's dormant for now. It's not fair that JonCon gets greyscale for trying to save that pathetic little man and Tyrion doesn't.

Off topic, but did you see that D&D want Mac and Charlie to be on GoT?

Certainly, if Dany had reasonably believed that MMD had intentionally killed Rhaego, then Dany's execution of MMD would be much less problematic. Or even if Dany had, in good faith, believed that MMD had done such an act, then it would be less problematic as well.

"You know," Dany said when they were gone. "You knew what I was buying, and yet you let me pay it... You cheated me. You murdered my child within me."

Archived