Is Sansa Nisa Nisa?

Lord Damian

I dunno. AA presumably loved his wife, which is why the sacrifice was so meaningful. Jon doesn't even like Sansa all that much, and whatever feelings he might have for her are nothing compared to his love for Arya. I agree with this poster:

Unfortunately, the only person Jon cares about enough to be a Nisa Nisa level sacrifice is Arya.

Let's see if I can get this in before yet another flagrant violation of the NO TV SHOW DISCUSSION rule goes down in flames.

First, please type this at least ten times: sacrifice.

Now that we're spelling the act correctly, let's define it. AA's action was a sacrifice precisely because he gave up (killed) the thing he loved most in the world. If Ygritte were still alive, we might have some debate on that, but with her gone the simple (and miles outstanding) winner (loser?) in Jon's case is Ghost. At this point in time, I'm not sure even Arya could give Ghost much of a challenge, beyond the argument of the value of human life vs. animal. But even with that in the equation, Ghost would easily be Jon's greatest possible sacrifice.

Having said all that, this theory is such a convoluted tangle of book vs. show canon, it has more holes than are worth discussing.

• 2 months later...

Why? I mean "she has to die"? Really? As I said, if Sansa was meant to die, she would be dead all along. I am sorry but this entire idea is flawed on so many levels.

I just can't wrap my mind around Sansa dying in a way that would make any remote sense. It would be poor writing to kill someone off who has learned so much, been through so much for so many books just to die. To be honest, irregardless of my shipping preferences I'd be satisfied with Sansa living not just to the end but through it and even if she is not involved in politics, fine. Even if she marries a blacksmith, ie Gendry, or the Hound. I just want her away from the Iron Throne and not slaughtered or dying in some other way or any way except for peacefully in her sleep at one hundred years old.

Thank you Risto, for always defending Sansa. You are a ray of hope for the future.

My bet is that Mel uses a glamour to mimic Ygritte and Jon kills her in that guise. When he pulls the sword from her breast it takes flame from her heart's blood much as Dondarrion set his sword to flame using his own blood during Sandor's TBC. So Nissa Nissa is Mel/Ygritte. Sansa has a much different destiny - perhaps she'll end up being the Stark in Winterfell in the final chapter.

100% sure Sansa isn't Nissa.

How I arrived at this conclusion: Name-based evidence. "Sansa" can be matched with the person who bears that name!

Sansa is Sansa.

Further anecdotal evidence: people who existed in the past do not require us to repeat their existence in the current generation. Our generation is ours to live, theirs was theirs. The two are separate, the present is distinct from the past. The past impacts the now, but we are under no obligation to enter a time loop and relive the past exactly. Hence, NOBODY IS NISSA II: THE SEQUEL.

The thing that's in doubt here is if Nissa was ever real. We have only the name but not the person to go with that name. So that means I'm only 50% certain that Nissa = Nissa. Nissa could = a parable and not a historical person.

And there's not one damn person in these books who's going to be human-sacrificed, except for the people Stannis & Mel burn. Plus Shireen to answer for those burned souls. Fair is fair after all, just ask Stannis. And the people the eastern plot crucifies or de-nuts.

The only Nissa Nissas for Jon are Val or Arya. I'll step into the page and kill Val myself if it comes to this.

Hopefully, the prophecy is at least partly bunk. I hope GRRM didn't overdo it with the prophecies and they're not mostly meant to be played straight.

to the OP: Lady's death can be taken symbolically in many ways, and I think this would rather be poor foreshadowing if it was meant to be literally. I always took it as Sansa being cut off from Starkhood as well as the protection. Robb supposedly cut her from inheriting WF when he made his will. All the speculation about her ever having any political power over the North is moot when one takes the will into account. I expect that will come biting LF's tail at some point, especially because it was drawn up after Sansa's marriage to Tyrion which LF orchestrated in part by betraying the Tyrell's plans for her. Don't even think it something bad for Sansa - she's been used as an inheritance pawn book after book. And it would liberate her from being used in such a way again in the future.

Archived