Who would be Jon's dragon?

LadyStoneHearte

Any hoo, back to the subject of Jon's Dragon

Somewhere on here, I wish I could find it, I saw a brilliant post about how Jon's associated color is brown and this is the same color as Sheepstealer.

Do you have any quotes about this? I don't recall any connections to brown.

Seven will be a book! But it will be a novelized version of the screenplay.

So now you really are making stuff up. Heh.

I not to sure really but I'm saying Vision because i can just see Jon now with his white wolf and white dragon in the north white snow just literally unstoppable. Plus there are mentions of Viserion hot flames e.g burned one of his chains in Daznaks pit, hot flames against the others it sounds to good

Do you have any quotes about this? I don't recall any connections to brown.

I tried searching for it and now I cant find it. It was really well thought out and cited a bunch of book passages with Jon and the color brown..... damn, I wish I could find it.

Closest I could find was a quote about a Targaryen who fell in the mud and they started calling the Brown Dragon, and its foreshadowing a Targaryen in black (Night's Watch) going brown.

I will keep looking.

There are 2 perfectly good dragons that need riders, wanting him to have the biggest one reeks of fanboyism. Especially when it doesn't make sense.

Except Viserion is going to be ridden by Tyrion from the looks of it. By that logic, Dany sitting the IT reeks of fanboyism. What is there to say it doesn't make sense? I gave reasons why it would. There are plenty of other reasons as well.

No one here said that Daenerys will ride all three dragons, or that they are all "hers" apart from them looking to her as mother. If she can only control Drogon, then she in essence has one dragon. The problem many Dany fans have with the idea of Drogon/Jon is that he would have to steal him from her and there's been too much build up to how Daenerys is bonded to Drogon to seriously consider that is for naught. Jon has a white wolf, so why not an off-white dragon?

Except the dragons have been hers for five books, and she is their mother. As for too much build up, GRRM builds up a lot of impressions to have them overturned later. The problem with Viserion is that it is hinted that he will be mounted by Tyrion.

She only 'has' one.

Drogon.

Then who owns Rhaegal and Viserion?

Except Viserion is going to be ridden by Tyrion from the looks of it. By that logic, Dany sitting the IT reeks of fanboyism. What is there to say it doesn't make sense? I gave reasons why it would. There are plenty of other reasons as well.

Who said anything about her sitting on the IT? I don't even think she'll survive the story. Don't put words in my mouth.

I think Jon will ride Rhaegal, you think he'll get the one dragon that's already bonded to someone else (makes total sense :rolleyes:), we'll see who's right in the end.

Why does everyone here seem to believe that the one person physically least suited to riding a dragon will, while the other person besides Dany who is most suited won't (shouldn't?) I am honestly puzzled, especially about the former.

Who said anything about her sitting on the IT? I don't even think she'll survive the story. Don't put words in my mouth.

I think Jon will ride Rhaegal, you think he'll get the one dragon that's already bonded to someone else (makes total sense :rolleyes:), we'll see who's right in the end.

Dany not surviving the story will "free" Drogon...

Why does everyone here seem to believe that the one person physically least suited to riding a dragon will, while the other person besides Dany who is most suited won't (shouldn't?) I am honestly puzzled, especially about the former.

To make it short about the former, nonwithstanding the always debatable Targ blood:

- His dragon lore

- His saddle engineering

- His dragon dreams

- And plenty of similar descriptions of the 2 in the text: laziness, colour (gold), wisdom, no fighter, lust, roaring. Here is one example with Viserion's birth (not incidently the oldest of the 3 dragons): And something else came crashing down, bouncing and rolling, to land at her feet; a chunk of curved rock, pale and veined with gold, broken and smoking. The roaring filled the world, yet dimly through the firefall Dany heard women shriek and children cry out in wonder.

Jon not surviving the story will "free" Ghost...and then maybe Sansa can have Ghost since she's short a direwolf. :P

Well, read all the stories linked to the original Dance or general Targaryen history and you will notice that dragons can live for a very long time (200 years I reckon) and have more than one rider in their lifetime.

Well, dragon riding (with the help of a proper saddle which --surprise, surprise!--happens to be Tyrion's specialty) doesn't seem to pose any physical challenge, at least no more than horse riding. Equally, fighting on dragonback --when not done against another dragon/rider-- does not require fighting skills and therefore it is a much more believable way to contribute to a battle for characters like Dany and Tyrion who are not warriors.

On the other hand, actual fighting on the ground is very demanding physically both in strength and skills AND it is (IMO) where the war will be won or lost (otherwise if an "airforce" of three young dragons, in the worst imaginable weather conditions no less, is all it takes then well, the Others are no big deal after all... but that wouldn't be a reasonable assumption, I think). So, all the people who will do most of the fighting will need a leader and, well, that seems to be where Jon's arc is heading to.

Well, read all the stories linked to the original Dance or general Targaryen history and you will notice that dragons can live for a very long time (200 years I reckon) and have more than one rider in their lifetime.

Of course I've read all those, but that's not the point as this story isn't going to span 200 years. This is about the ridiculousness of feverishly predicting the death of a 15/16 year old girl so that Jon could get her dragon and be the big hero of the story. There are two rider-less Dragons in the story! I love Jon, absolutely am a Jon Stan, but it's absurd to wish he gets the biggest dragon (cause he's black and big?) on top of already having the coolest direwolf and probably getting the coolest sword.

The last book will be taken from the shows script as it will surpass the novels.

This is the dumbest, god damn thing I've read on here. Seriously, where did you pull this bullshit from.

As for the topic. I don't want Jon to ride any of Dany's dragons. I would prefer, that he never rides one. But if "has to," I'd like it to be a dragon we haven't seen in the books. But this is highly unlikely.

I always attributed the dragons to subjugation and their power is contingent on people's fear. I do not want to see this from Jon. It's my opinion that he will rule in some form. Whether it's the entire realm, the North or beyond the Wall; is beyond me. I would rather he rule and with people actually wanting him to rule over them, based on his accomplishments. Not based on the fear, that he could hover over a city and burn it to its roots in half a day.

I think it's more likely that, if Dany dies and Drogon doesn't, he flies away a la Fawkes.

And that would be for the best, for all the dragons actually, to never bond with any human ever.

A free dragon will kill to eat and no more than that. A dragonlord on the other hand, can be a very bloodthirsty creature and the illusion of unlimited power only makes it worse.

Of course I've read all those, but that's not the point as this story isn't going to span 200 years. This is about the ridiculousness of feverishly predicting the death of a 15/16 year old girl so that Jon could get her dragon and be the big hero of the story. There are two rider-less Dragons in the story! I love Jon, absolutely am a Jon Stan, but it's absurd to wish he gets the biggest dragon (cause he's black and big?) on top of already having the coolest direwolf and probably getting the coolest sword.

I am not predicting or wishing anything. On the contrary, I point at a possible outcome that can not be fully discarded however unlikely it seems (including for me), because the proposition "Drogon has already got a rider" is not enough to definitely conclude on the future, we also need "the rider does not die". And the fact that the story will not span 200 years does not change the basic rule: after the death of its rider, a dragon can bound with another one. Theoretically, this could happen at the beginning of WoW.

Archived