NFL Offseason 2015: Patriots victimized by Goodell, own damn selves

DanteGabriel

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I'd say a more appropriate title would be: Goodell manages to continue to look incompetent.

Hey, can we now conclude that you were wrong that the NFL would punish Marshawn Lynch more harshly for unapproved footwear (no punishment) than they would the Pats for deflated footballs?

This is not a great thread title... It should read that the Patriots are cheating, cheaters who cheat, and Tom Brady is a lying, liar, who lies....

I personally feel like the NFL missed an opportunity here. They should have punished Kraft as well by taking away his birthday for the next ten years....

Hey, can we now conclude that you were wrong that the NFL would punish Marshawn Lynch more harshly for unapproved footwear (no punishment) than they would the Pats for deflated footballs?

We can.

This is not a great thread title... It should read that the Patriots are cheating, cheaters who cheat, and Tom Brady is a lying, liar, who lies....

I personally feel like the NFL missed an opportunity here. They should have punished Kraft as well by taking away his birthday for the next ten years....

HP, how bitter are you that Dwight Clark would have been able to make the catch that Dez Bryant couldn't? :P

HP, how bitter are you that Dwight Clark would have been able to make the catch that Dez Bryant couldn't? :P

DAAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!!

ETA:

The Jags give Dante Fowler the maximum allowed contract for a rookie. 23.5 million guaranteed over 4 years.

It's a great show of faith by the Jags, but it kind of highlights why the suck so bad.

ETA: Bormon since the 05 season the Giants and Steelers have more championships, and the Steelers have played in the same number of Super Bowls. Peyton has the same record in Super Bowls as the Pats since the 05 season. Yes they have been a dominate force, but more like one of five or six as opposed to all by itself.

I would have to disagree a bit. Yes there are other teams who have done well during that time frame... but none as consistently dominate as the Pats. They only missed the playoffs 1 year in that time frame. (Posting a 11-5 season but losing in tie-breakers), they went to 6! AFC Championship games. The next closest in either conference is 3. (Steelers, Colts, Ravens, Seahawks, Packers, and 49ers), and they have posted an impressive 77% winning percentage in the regular season over those 10 years. No one is even close.

I would have to disagree a bit. Yes there are other teams who have done well during that time frame... but none as consistently dominate as the Pats. They only missed the playoffs 1 year in that time frame. (Posting a 11-5 season but losing in tie-breakers), they went to 6! AFC Championship games. The next closest in either conference is 3. (Steelers, Colts, Ravens, Seahawks, Packers, and 49ers), and they have posted an impressive 77% winning percentage in the regular season over those 10 years. No one is even close.

Excuse me, sir, but you are reciting "facts" and as time will surely prove, there is no place for that in a NFL thread.

Excuse me, sir, but you are reciting "facts" and as time will surely prove, there is no place for that in a NFL thread.

Yet there is apparently a place for delusion, which you bring in heartily ;-) I agree that the punishment was a little severe, but not by much. Personally only thing I would change is the 1st pick to a 2nd. Also LOL at everyone comparing this to the Ray Rice case. I hope you all get your wish and Tom gets retroactively banned for the whole year :-P

Yet there is apparently a place for delusion, which you bring in heartily ;-) I agree that the punishment was a little severe, but not by much. Personally only thing I would change is the 1st pick to a 2nd. Also LOL at everyone comparing this to the Ray Rice case. I hope you all get your wish and Tom gets retroactively banned for the whole year :-P

See?

I rest my case.

Yes, if only the NFL thread could hope to match the calm rationality of Patriots Nation, we'd all be better off.

See?

I rest my case.

And another LOL for you sir ;-) You are making my day a lot easier :-) I am sorry that you are so upset though as you're normally a great poster. As a giants fan I personally care nothing for the ongoings of the Patriots day to day operations. I'm just enjoying the fantasy land story you came up with in your head about how TB was innocent. Hell maybe it was Peter Pan who told the equipment guys to deflate the balls. Cause according to brady he doesn't care and can't even feel the ball in his hand...

You could say the Pats dominated the regular season like no one else for the past ten seasons. But the "fact" they only won it all once is surely as important in determining their overall dominance since 2005. No one ranks teams by conference championships played in.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/168858/deflategate-prompted-eli-manning-to-experiment-with-deflated-footballs

Lol, Eli's coming. Probably just bitter from the Super Bowls.

Deflategate prompted Eli Manning to experiment with deflated footballs to see if he could tell the difference.

"I have studied it a little bit over the last few months and felt a few air pressures to see what it feels like and it is a way of getting an advantage and breaking the rules. I guess it's the short story to it all," Manning said. "There is a difference, there is a noticeable difference. Whether it's an advantage or not, I guess that's all dependent on what a QB likes or what it's like in cold weather or if it's wet, there might be other factors to it."

Archived