Witcher 3: Odrin is the Wild Hunt

l2 0 5 5

There's a dirty sword cache next to the entrance to Novigrad. You're crossing over a small bridge and a 'Smuggler's cache' prompt comes up. Highly recommend jumping in the water for this one.

And fucking werewolves, man... Damn these things are testing my patience.

I think your chances of finding emerald dust (or emeralds) in white orchard are slim to non-existent. But as you make your way through Velen, you'll start to find reasonable quantities. So... if you're struggling against the griffon, you may want to consider dropping the cash on the silver one. Otherwise, I'd suggest waiting.

In an earlier post, I mentioned I had struggled in the fight and I bought the emerald dust, only to realise I needed venom extract and I'd sold all mine to raise the funds for the dust - and as I'd destroyed the ghoul nests I had no way of getting more.

But after having apent a bunch of ability points, improved all my armour, buffing my attack and defense using grinding stones and armour tables and visiting the Aard place of power, I had a much easier time with the griffon.

Soon after reaching Velen, I got more venom extract (and more emeralds) and made myself a viper silver sword. I'm close to retiring it now, however (or may have done so already).

I did pretty well without crafting stuff up until

the battle of kaer morhen

where i realized i needed better stuff so I made myself the Ursine set which is in my opinion the best looking armor set in the game.

Oh and btw, the whirl attack is the most amazing thing in this game, check it

Just did those Whoreson quests, met a certain commander's Redanian contact...

Radovid is a complete lunatic. Sitting all alone, playing chess with himself, talking about how he can hear blood pumping and screams from within the pieces and shit. I had noticed peasants talking about 'Radovid the Mad' earlier in the game but I figured that was only Nilfgaard propaganda. If it's a choice between this dude and Emhyr ruling the north, I think I'll go with Nilfgaard.

Roche is still cool.

Yeah, I'm enjoying Gwent too. I'm playing everyone I find to win their cards off them and searching merchants, but I haven't been able to improve my Northern Realms deck much. I just keep getting cards for the other factions, but don't have enough to make a full deck yet.

My Northern Realms deck doesn't have any card with a Power Level greater than 6 and I still have to include a few 1 and 2 point cards in my deck in order to have a full deck. I've struggled to beat anyone that's rocking power level 10 cards that are unnafcted by weather effects.

I'm a bit annoyed that I missed out on buying the cards in the white orchard inn and beating the first opponent there. The first time I played, I didn't really know the rules properly (especially re the 3 rounds) and used all my cards in round 1 - which I duly won and then, of course, lost the next two. The game crashed on me when I tried to play again. So I left it, planning to come back to it later. I also didn't want to spend the cash right then on the cards the innkeep had (including an alternate leader card) - fully intending to pick those up a bit later too. Only to have the inhabitants of the inn clear out when the story progressed. Doh!

I did the same thing in White Orchard. :/

I think you can get a couple of good hero cards if you do the Velen Gwent quest. Fairly sure I got Roche (10 close combat points) off the Baron, and Yennefer (7 ranged, a medic ability), who can be used in any deck, off one of the others. Also got Letho (Nilfgaardian Roche) off someone.

So guys...... Triss or Yennefer?

:drool:

On one hand, you have a crazy person who is way uptight and kind of has a toxic relationship with you. On the other, you have someone who deliberately let you think your amnesiac self was remembering being in love with her instead of the aforementioned crazy person.

They're both fucking terrifying.

I think you can get a couple of good hero cards if you do the Velen Gwent quest. Fairly sure I got Roche (10 close combat points) off the Baron, and Yennefer (7 ranged, a medic ability), who can be used in any deck, off one of the others. Also got Letho (Nilfgaardian Roche) off someone.

I just defeated the Baron last night, actually. (It's not Roche that you get off him - but it was an ok card, which I've now slotted into my deck). I haven't done the quest to play the other three yet, though - but I had stumbled across one of the three previously, but didn't manage to beat him. I might give it a try tonight.

There's just so much to do in this game. I spent most of last night continuing the "witch" quest line. This game is fantastic. Clear front-runner for game of the year, for me - and I struggle to see anything else coming even close to challenging it.

I just defeated the Baron last night, actually. (It's not Roche that you get off him - but it was an ok card, which I've now slotted into my deck). I haven't done the quest to play the other three yet, though - but I had stumbled across one of the three previously, but didn't manage to beat him. I might give it a try tonight.

There's just so much to do in this game. I spent most of last night continuing the "witch" quest line. This game is fantastic. Clear front-runner for game of the year, for me - and I struggle to see anything else coming even close to challenging it.

I'm doing the Follow the Witch quest too right now. This game really is amazing. Usually not one for RPG style games, but this game is blowing me away right now. And the map....holy crap.

Is the card game fun? Anybody have a short recap of what it is, exactly?

Basically, you have 10 cards in your hand (drawn from your deck of around 20-30) - made up of unit cards of varying power levels plus special cards. The units have one of three ranges - fighters, archers or siege range. Your battlefield is broken into three ranks, one for each of the unit types.

You have to lay down your units to maximise your power. The special cards do stuff like reducing the power of all fighter cards (good to play when you have mostly archers on the board and your opponent has mostly fighters).

It's best of three rounds and your 10 cards have to last for all three rounds. You basically don't draw additional cards (unless a special card causes you to - which isn't often). So you need to decide what cards you want to play in the current round and what you want to hold onto for subsequent rounds. If you're getting beaten, you have to decide if you want to keep playing cards to try and win the round - or cut your losses and hold onto the cards to try and win the next two rounds.

And yeah... it's fun. :)

Been a lot of fun so far. Killed a royal wyvern tonight. I love talking to the rock/stone trolls in this game, they're hilarious. Letho's cameo is awesome, he's such a badass. And I heart Triss :drool:

Basically, you have 10 cards in your hand (drawn from your deck of around 20-30) - made up of unit cards of varying power levels plus special cards. The units have one of three ranges - fighters, archers or siege range. Your battlefield is broken into three ranks, one for each of the unit types.

You have to lay down your units to maximise your power. The special cards do stuff like reducing the power of all fighter cards (good to play when you have mostly archers on the board and your opponent has mostly fighters).

It's best of three rounds and your 10 cards have to last for all three rounds. You basically don't draw additional cards (unless a special card causes you to - which isn't often). So you need to decide what cards you want to play in the current round and what you want to hold onto for subsequent rounds. If you're getting beaten, you have to decide if you want to keep playing cards to try and win the round - or cut your losses and hold onto the cards to try and win the next two rounds.

And yeah... it's fun. :)

I have a feeling i will spend hours just playing that between missions. Thank you for that, definitely going to try it out.

I have a feeling i will spend hours just playing that between missions. Thank you for that, definitely going to try it out.

Its very pay-to-win, by the way. Spies, medics, and decoy use will let you go pretty far against the AI, but at some point, you're going to need some good, rare cards. Note that hero cards are initially very good, but their immunity to effects can actually harm you later. Still, I'm having fun with it. I need more spies and medics!

Archived