House Volton

Who do you think will be Aegon's wife

Arriane Martell

Elia Sands

Margaery Tyrell

Some Bannerman's Daughter

Mrycella Baratheon(Lannister)

Sansa Stark

Sansa is the best candidate imo. She's currently in the Vale, not so far from where Aegon's at. She has a claim to Winterfell, and would bring the Riverlands and the Vale with her. Her escaping the Vale to surrender herself to Aegon would give her some agency back....she's learned the art of manipulating and seducing... if she has a mind for it, she could probably seduce Aegon easily enough and play on the Rhaegar/Lyanna angle, that of a forbidden romance...

Margaery is 'cursed' and the Tyrells have turned their cloak one too many time to be taken seriously....otoh, the Tyrells might already be part of the fAegon plot. the GC has friends in the reach. Many think these friends are Hightowers. One powerful family we've seen little of, or at least, not directly...Mace Tyrell is married to a Hightower and his mother is a Redwyne. Illyrio has wine from Lord Redwynes privat store.... have the Hightowers and Redwynes been back stabbing their closest kin all this time, or is there more behind the Tyrell's game than we are led to believe?

Could it be that the Tyrells have been playing two games all this time and are ultimately set to undermine the Lannisters? And if so, what were they promised in return?

Elia is a bastard and not even the oldest of Oberyn's daughters. And Oberyn was the youngest of three siblings. She has absolutely no claim to dorne, the match wouldn't make much sense politically speaking. But they could marry for love, I suppose.

Arianne Martell is the obvious choice, a bit too obvious. Dorne's alliegance is owned to Aegon, it should be natural, there shouldn't be any need for a marriage (from Aegon's perspective, since he is her cousin), and JonCon had no love for Elia... will he be open to Aegon marrying Arianne? Will Arianne even like the 'boy' Aegon? she's older than he is, and has known other, older men in the past. She would marry him for politics, but if the choice was given her?

It's likely that Arianne and Elia arrive too early in the game and are spurned in favor for Dany, either way. Aegon still plans to marry her at this point, he'll only look for a bride when it seems that Dany won't come after all...

Myrcella is sweet, but she has no claim to anything, whatsoever. JonCon hates Lannisters and Aegon probably hates them too. The best Myrcella can hope for, is for her marriage to Trystane Martell to really happen.

Arianne. It's been hinted at one too many.

Aegon (despite what was already said) can't return to essos in his current status. Daenerys won't come soon enough and then he'll be forced to make an alliance. This is already in motion because

he's won storm's end but it was a bloody battle or whatever

so he'll see arianne and arianne being "her father's daughter" will marry him for love or desire cause that's what doran did, or maybe she does it in hopes of earning her father's approval. Like she hears what happened to quentyn and thinks "well here's another Dragon, father will be so pleased, I must do this".

And it seems littlefinger has his own eyes set on Sansa. This will be the downfall in his plan. He'll (or try to) marry Sansa and will lose the vale. The vale will then support dany's claim (because it's been hinted at a few times) and bam dance of dragons number 2.

Polygamy and remarriages are an opportunity we should seriously consider, too. Not sure if the High Septon will be happy with the former, but if he is going to declare for Aegon and intending to support him he may be open to grant exceptions for any ideas that would help stabilize Aegon's (and his own) power. If Aegon VI was to take Sansa Stark as a second wife in addition to Arianne this could give Aegon's regime the Vale, Riverlands, and North, at least nominally, and would most certainly win him the allegiance of the Vale troops.

I'm not saying that this is going to happen but it is a possibility.

Polygamy and remarriages are an opportunity we should seriously consider, too. Not sure if the High Septon will be happy with the former, but if he is going to declare for Aegon and intending to support him he may be open to grant exceptions for any ideas that would help stabilize Aegon's (and his own) power. If Aegon VI was to take Sansa Stark as a second wife in addition to Arianne this could give Aegon's regime the Vale, Riverlands, and North, at least nominally, and would most certainly win him the allegiance of the Vale troops.

I'm not saying that this is going to happen but it is a possibility.

I am sorry but I cannot consider those possibilities seriously. :smug:

Whoever Sansa's endgame is, I believe that Sansa will ultimately choose her own lover.

In this scene, Daenerys gives Daario a pear. The juice runs down his beard. Daenerys later chooses Daario to be her lover.

ADwD, Daenerys IV:

Daenerys received the captain on her terrace, seated on a carved stone bench beneath a pear tree. A half-moon floated in the sky above the city, attended by a thousand stars. Daario Naharis entered swaggering.

"I have not eaten in two days, but now that I am here, it is enough for me to feast upon your beauty."
"My beauty will not fill up your belly." She plucked down a pear and tossed it at him. "Eat this."
"If my queen commands it." He took a bite of the pear, his gold tooth gleaming. Juice ran down into his purple beard.
In this scene, Sansa is offered some other fruit, but chooses to take the pear. The juice also runs down her chin. Sansa rejects what LF offersh her and makes her own choice.

ASoS, Sansa VI:
Grisel reappeared before he could say more, balancing a large platter. She set it down between them. There were apples and pears and pomegranates, some sad-looking grapes, a huge blood orange. The old woman had brought a round of bread as well, and a crock of butter. Petyr cut a pomegranate in two with his dagger, offering half to Sansa. "You should try and eat, my lady."
"Thank you, my lord." Pomegranate seeds were so messy; Sansa chose a pear instead, and took a small delicate bite. It was very ripe. The juice ran down her chin.

It appears that Sansa and Arianne story arch will parallel in WoW, at least in the beginning of the story. They will both be seducing a boy to get him to marry her. Even the best plans can be laid to ruin, and this is no less true in ASoIaF; I do not believe that either Sansa will marry Harry, or Aegon Daenerys. It will be intriguing to see a comparison of Arianne and Sansa's seduction style, the experienced and the naive. I think one of the following will happen with the girls' story in WoW. Either Aegon will make his own choice (Arianne) while Sansa makes her own choice as well, whoever that may be; or both girls will not end up with the boy they're initially trying to seduce; Arianne won't marry Aegon and Sansa won't marry Harry. I'm more inclined to believe that the latter will occur. Arianne has one thing going against her, at least in the beginning of WoW; Daenerys is still thought to be alive and unwed, and Aegon still intends to wed her. Arianne will begin to plant the seeds of doubt in regards to Aegon's decision to marry his aunt, but I don't think she'll wed him.

I'm more inclinded to believe that Aegon will attach himself to Sansa (through marriage or romantic feelings) because of this DoD 2.0 that seems likely to occur. That is, GRRM will make a DoD between Aegon and Daenerys as bitter for us to read as possible. The readers will be torn over which side to take. Arianne and JonCon could be the POVs during which we see this conflict take place, but no POV could make the readers feel more torn than that of a POV who has grown attached to Aegon and who the readers have known as long as and are as attached to as Daenerys. No POV could accomplish this better than Sansa.

I don't see Aegon falling in love with "Sansa" - not at first - but "Alayne" is more possible. Alayne has one thing going for her in this regard. Besides her beauty, there is her "training" as a septa. Part of her cover story is that she was training as a septa in Gulltown. In ASoS, LF gives Sansa some devotional books that she can learn to quote from. Boys tend to fall for women that remind them of their mother; Sweetrobin appears to be falling in love with Alayne who is not only picking up the role of his mother but also probably resembles her as well. Aegon's only mother figure was Septa Lemore. LF thinks that "nothing discourages unwanted questions as much as a flow of pious bleating," but I think Alayne will only accomplish to melt Aegon into something softer and warmer than dragon poop. (:P) I see their "relationship" being be a sort of Rhaegar/Lyanna 2.0 - Aegon with the wilder spirit and Sansa the milder temperament - and a Robert/Eddard 2.0 - "Robert had always had Eddard Stark to temper his boldness with caution." -ACoK, Catelyn III.

Sansa will eventually have to expose her true identity, but by this point, Aegon will have already fallen for her.

Or I could be wrong about all of this, and Aegon marries Daenerys anyway. :dunno:

I am sorry but I cannot consider those possibilities seriously. :smug:

I agree. With the Faith Miliatant reestablished and the Faith (possibly) being one of Aegon's biggest supporters, it's very unlikely that polygamy will be an option for him.

Sansa.

Arianne would be painfully obvious and uncharacteristic of GRRM.

I disagree with it being obvious. Arys Oakheart could have been foreshadowing of Aegon in a way. That is, that Arianne's political scheming with him with result in his death in some way. But I don't think Arianne will marry Aegon either, although I could be wrong.

Sansa.

Arianne would be painfully obvious and uncharacteristic of GRRM.

Its only painfuly obvious to you because youve been posting here.

Arianne.

Any other alternative is self-delusion IMO.

George's unpredictability is very much exaggerated among the fandom. If George really was the breaker of tropes, slayer of Starks ..., fAegon would marry Daemon Sand.

Agreed on both counts.

If George was so unpredictable Dany would have three burned eggs and Jon wouldnt be lord commander.

I'm going with Arianne, for the reasons already stated. She's in position. Aegon needs to secure his southern flank before turning north. The Martells want a Targaryen marriage to reclaim their previous position and secure their right to attack the Lannisters and Tyrells. Everyone gets what they want, and Aegon may entertain thoughts of polygamy, hoping to have Dany as well when she arrives, while not telling the Martells this.

Well, I'm not saying polygamy for Aegon is the most likeliest option. Just that it is a possibility. And if we are thinking about that we should keep in mind that the new High Septon represent a very special and fundamentalistic branch of the Faith (symbolized by those carved wooden idols deep down in the Great Sept), and we know that the ancient Andal fathers - like Hugor of the Hill - did practice polygamy in the stories. Those High Septon opposing Targaryen incest and polygamy shortly after the Conquest were nobles and part of the noble establishment, the High Sparrow is not.

We also know that misogyny is strongest among the common people - the man who beat his wife to death for adultery in TWoIaF, and the blacksmith who did later the same to Merry Meg - to which both the High Sparrow and the sparrows belong. They may not have all that many issues if a man takes multiple wives.

But this is not exactly the most likeliest scenario.

I'm rather leaning towards a multiple successive wives scenario.

Isobel Harper,

whether people chose their own lovers or marry them is an entirely different matter. For the sake of complexity I hope as many people as possible take paramours while marrying the people they have to marry. Not sure if the pear symbolizes free love choice there, but the rejection of the pomegranate certainly has symbolic meaning (i.e. Sansa is not going to stay with Littlefinger forever).

Arianne has the best shot, Sansa can come later. Sansa may Harry or not - this does not prevent her from eventually marrying Aegon, although I'm pretty sure this won't be a match based on love. Rather a political move to ensure the loyalty of the Vale if Aegon decided to offer his hand in marriage to the recently widowed Lady of the Eyrie.

If Sansa returns to KL it should be with her in a position of power and control - that is, protected by her own men, only arriving there after her representatives have reached the terms for a marriage.

But I also see a chance for a marriage between Daenerys and Aegon - if not at the beginning of the Second Dance then as a way to end it. Aegon II could have saved his life, his crown, his power, and his branch of the dynasty as well as the Targaryen dragons had he offered Rhaenyra a truce and an end to the fighting sealed by their marriage to each other. Both had lost their spouses, and the Targaryen dynasty was nearly extinguished.

Well, I'm not saying polygamy for Aegon is the most likeliest option. Just that it is a possibility. And if we are thinking about that we should keep in mind that the new High Septon represent a very special and fundamentalistic branch of the Faith (symbolized by those carved wooden idols deep down in the Great Sept), and we know that the ancient Andal fathers - like Hugor of the Hill - did practice polygamy in the stories. Those High Septon opposing Targaryen incest and polygamy shortly after the Conquest were nobles and part of the noble establishment, the High Sparrow is not.

We also know that misogyny is strongest among the common people - the man who beat his wife to death for adultery in TWoIaF, and the blacksmith who did later the same to Merry Meg - to which both the High Sparrow and the sparrows belong. They may not have all that many issues if a man takes multiple wives.

But this is not exactly the most likeliest scenario.

I'm rather leaning towards a multiple successive wives scenario.

Isobel Harper,

whether people chose their own lovers or marry them is an entirely different matter. For the sake of complexity I hope as many people as possible take paramours while marrying the people they have to marry. Not sure if the pear symbolizes free love choice there, but the rejection of the pomegranate certainly has symbolic meaning (i.e. Sansa is not going to stay with Littlefinger forever).

Arianne has the best shot, Sansa can come later. Sansa may Harry or not - this does not prevent her from eventually marrying Aegon, although I'm pretty sure this won't be a match based on love. Rather a political move to ensure the loyalty of the Vale if Aegon decided to offer his hand in marriage to the recently widowed Lady of the Eyrie.

If Sansa returns to KL it should be with her in a position of power and control - that is, protected by her own men, only arriving there after her representatives have reached the terms for a marriage.

But I also see a chance for a marriage between Daenerys and Aegon - if not at the beginning of the Second Dance then as a way to end it. Aegon II could have saved his life, his crown, his power, and his branch of the dynasty as well as the Targaryen dragons had he offered Rhaenyra a truce and an end to the fighting sealed by their marriage to each other. Both had lost their spouses, and the Targaryen dynasty was nearly extinguished.

I agree; a potential lover is not necessarily a potential marriage partner. I personally don't see Sansa as being anyone's paramour, but who knows how GRRM will take her character.

The image of the pomegranate is reminiscient of Persephone. But, unlike Persephone, Sansa doesn't eat the seeds and hopefully won't be trapped with LF for much longer.

Archived