Lady Dustin name her fate..

What's wrong with Lady Dustin being bitter and hateful towards Ned Stark?

I found it refreshing we got another voice from a character who didn't like Eddard for valid enough reasons, in-universe. She's a grieving widow who never got closure from her husband's death, and found Ned's decision to bury her husband's bones all the way in Dorne hard to swallow, given he came back with Lyanna's.

I think she will have a part to play in the downfall of House Bolton, though I do think she will make a power play herself in one way or another to assure the survival of House Dustin.

I found it refreshing we got another voice from a character who didn't like Eddard for valid enough reasons, in-universe. She's a grieving widow who never got closure from her husband's death, and found Ned's decision to bury her husband's bones all the way in Dorne hard to swallow, given he came back with Lyanna's.

I think she will have a part to play in the downfall of House Bolton, though I do think she will make a power play herself in one way or another to assure the survival of House Dustin.

She had good reasons to hate the Starks and Ned it particular. Its nice to see that not everyone besides the Boltons loved and adored the Starks. I figure she will die in a fire in Barrowton.

She is a cunt[...]spiteful bitch

Very mature!

he brought her horse back.

Who cares about the horse? Ned could and should had brought her husband or his bones back. He was able to bring his sister so why not he couldn't bring Willam's bones too.

:agree: I do believe that she hates Ned and she has every right to do so but she isn't with Bolton's part. She most likely wants to take revenge for her sister and nephew.

I find Lady Dustin really interesting. It's one of the things I'm really looking forward to in TWOW. I find her really spooky as well.

I think Roose will give up Ramsey some how to protect his alliance with Dustin/Ryswell.

Who cares about the horse? Ned could and should had brought her husband or his bones back. He was able to bring his sister so why not he couldn't bring Willam's bones too.

Logistics. He couldn't bring everyone (I assume), so he brought no-one. Except Lyanna, anyway. But while that may/may not be excusable, it's certainly a very valid (or at the very least, understandable) reason for Lady Dustin to dislike Ned.

That said, I don't think she hates House Stark quite as much as she lets on - she might have wanted to give Ned a slap in the face (and him being the Lord Paramount meant she never could), but I doubt she really wants the Boltons in power any more than anyone else in the North does.

Logistics. He couldn't bring everyone (I assume), so he brought no-one. Except Lyanna, anyway. But while that may/may not be excusable, it's certainly a very valid (or at the very least, understandable) reason for Lady Dustin to dislike Ned.

That said, I don't think she hates House Stark quite as much as she lets on - she might have wanted to give Ned a slap in the face (and him being the Lord Paramount meant she never could), but I doubt she really wants the Boltons in power any more than anyone else in the North does.

Well he was either able to take the time and care for them all or bring no one back home. I believe that this was the problem, if he hadn't brought Lyanna BDustin wouldn't had said why he didn't brought Willam.

But I agree with the other point. I don't believe that she is antiStark, I think that she is antiNed.

Ned didn't bring Lord Dustin back, but he gave him his grave, he took building down in order to do so. If he took one body(besides Lyanna, she is his sister,people should understand him taking her) then every other family would ask why didn't he bring this or that body. We also don't have many clues about what happened that day, if I remember Ned was also wounded, so taking two body's between two man, one wounded, other not very strong, all of that in enemy land, that would not be smart idea. As I said, other families would then ask why did he bring Lord Dustin and not the others? I can understand her feeling bad at the start, but not so many years later, she should understand, lots and lots of body's never saw The North again.

Ned didn't bring Lord Dustin back, but he gave him his grave, he took building down in order to do so. If he took one body(besides Lyanna, she is his sister,people should understand him taking her) then every other family would ask why didn't he bring this or that body.

Then, he should have left Lyanna there. Especially knowing that no other family would have lost one of theirs if Lyanna had stayed where she was supposed to in the first place.

No one should be obliged to understand her preferential treatment, especially given this fact. Those who lost their loved ones were not just "people". They were people who were directly affected by Lyanna's actions - and then, she got the special privilege again. But then, this is your typical Ned again - he's all for honour and honesty, unless it's him who has to actually sacrifice anything at this high altar.

Good for Lady Dustin for not sucking his behavior meekly. And no, I don't believe she's as anti-Stark as she shows. I wonder if the Boltons believe the face she's selling them.

Ned didn't bring Lord Dustin back, but he gave him his grave, he took building down in order to do so. If he took one body(besides Lyanna, she is his sister,people should understand him taking her) then every other family would ask why didn't he bring this or that body. We also don't have many clues about what happened that day, if I remember Ned was also wounded, so taking two body's between two man, one wounded, other not very strong, all of that in enemy land, that would not be smart idea. As I said, other families would then ask why did he bring Lord Dustin and not the others? I can understand her feeling bad at the start, but not so many years later, she should understand, lots and lots of body's never saw The North again.

Then, he should have left Lyanna there. Especially knowing that no other family would have lost one of theirs if Lyanna had stayed where she was supposed to in the first place.

No one should be obliged to understand her preferential treatment, especially given this fact. Those who lost their loved ones were not just "people". They were people who were directly affected by Lyanna's actions - and then, she got the special privilege again. But then, this is your typical Ned again - he's all for honour and honesty, unless it's him who has to actually sacrifice anything at this high altar.

Good for Lady Dustin for not sucking his behavior meekly. And no, I don't believe she's as anti-Stark as she shows. I wonder if the Boltons believe the face she's selling them.

/thread.

:bowdown:

:bowdown:

Ned never gave something up? What about his head? Telling Cersei she should leave?

Every war starts for someone and because of someone, this war is no different. I totally understand decision to take Lyanna, as she was his sister and he was there to take her back, he literally came for her, he cared enough about the others to give them their resting place. Again, I would understand if she dislikes him or has negative opinion, but not as drastic as she dose, as he didn't just leave her husband to the dogs...

double post.

Ned never gave something up? What about his head? Telling Cersei she should leave?

Every war starts for someone and because of someone, this war is no different. I totally understand decision to take Lyanna, as she was his sister, he cared enough about the others to give them their resting place. Again, I would understand if she dislikes him or has negative opinion, but not as drastic as she dose, as he didn't just leave her husband to the dogs...

He didn't know that he'd give his head up, did he?

Ned - and Lyanna, for that matter - are a great illustration of why people say that it's much easier to fight for your principles than live up to them.

Ned was soooo honourable when he killed the Night Watch deserter because he... well, deserted. Fighting for his principles! Well, for his principles he should have given Jon to Robert - but he didn't. Everyone keeps singing his praises because he was angry at Robert for not caring about the murders of Rhaenys and Aegon - but all it took was Lyanna's death for him to start praising Robert again. What, are the kids less dead because Lyanna died as well?

Every war starts because of someone but given the fact that those people DIED because of Lyanna, basic decency should have told him that what was good enough for them should be good enough for her, especially since you praise him so for not leaving them to the dogs. I imagine if he had decided to do this, of all things!

I really see no reason why I should credit him for burying them. That was the least he owed them. It doesn't change my mind that by taking only Lyanna back, he spat in the face of everyone who died.

He didn't know that he'd give his head up, did he?

Ned - and Lyanna, for that matter - are a great illustration of why people say that it's much easier to fight for your principles than live up to them.

Ned was soooo honourable when he killed the Night Watch deserter because he... well, deserted. Fighting for his principles! Well, for his principles he should have given Jon to Robert - but he didn't. Everyone keeps singing his praises because he was angry at Robert for not caring about the murders of Rhaenys and Aegon - but all it took was Lyanna's death for him to start praising Robert again. What, are the kids less dead because Lyanna died as well?

Every war starts because of someone but given the fact that those people DIED because of Lyanna, basic decency should have told him that what was good enough for them should be good enough for her, especially since you praise him so for not leaving them to the dogs. I imagine if he had decided to do this, of all things!

I really see no reason why I should credit him for burying them. That was the least he owed them. It doesn't change my mind that by taking only Lyanna back, he spat in the face of everyone who died.

He knew he was admitting to something he did not do, we all know Stannis was true king and we as Ned and as Cersei all knew Ned would go to The Wall for something he didn't do, he actually fought for his king, didn't betray him, that is still honorable, wouldn't you say? In the end he payed with his head for being too good of a guy. As much as some people praise Ned, there are some people who have negative opinion on him based on nonsense (not saying its you, just people in general).

I mentioned dogs because of Lady Dustin, as she mentioned them. Ned gave them proper burial, he had enough decency to pull the tower down in order to give them graves, didn't he? And if I remember correctly, he went to house of everyone that died? He was chasing after Lyanna, he came to take Lyanna back to the North, so imagine this situation, seven people come to free Lyanna ,they all knew they could die, they followed their Lord and as far as we know, majority of the North liked Starks, so imagine, seven people going to free her, going into battle, 5 of them end up dead, killing 3 of Kings Guard, and for what? For Ned to leave Lyanna there? What was the point then? I'm not saying she shouldn't be mad at Ned, but feeding his bones to the dogs? That is totally different level...

Oh, I am actually a Ned fan. I just don't think his principles were as solid as people - both characters and readers - think they are. Sadly, I was not surprised he died. He was quite unadaptable to the world of politics. And I think the Starks have a very special brand of riding the high horse that often goes unnoticed. Still, he was a good man and that's quite something in GRRM's world!

No, I don't think admitting to something that he didn't do was honourable. I think it was good and right, and human. It's his willingness to keep other people to standards of honour that at the end he doesn't keep himself to that I have a problem with. IMO, those who appoint themselves prosecutors, judges, and executioners, all in the name of keeping other people to standards, should be beyond reproach - and Ned repeatedly fails at this, at the same time being unwilling to forgive anyone else's failings but the failings of those he loves.

The official version of the war is that they were going to free an abducted girl and avenge the honour of the North. Instead, Ned found someone who didn't fit the description. In the name of his own honour, as he likes to think of it, he should have changed his plans.

Lady Dustin sounds like a bitter woman who has been obsessing over the injustice Ned did to her for years. I do think a part of it is a show for the Bolton spy's sake, though.

Her hate towards Ned is petty though. If it were her, would she bring Lyanna back and leave her Husbands bones behind? not likely.

It wasn't a choice of one or the other. Ned was able to ride to Starfall to return Dawn to the Daynes, as the Lord of Winterfell he could have gotten more horses and men and brought back the remains of his country men who died fighting for his family.

Archived