Wyman Manderly's fate

nmrch

I didn't think that his throat was cut in the sense of "oh my god they cut his throat" but more like "oh my god he's so fat they cut chin #3 open.

And it was a shame, chin #3 was my favorite character :D

I'm doing a lot of thinking about the pink letter and it therefore would make sense that the Manderlys plan with Stannis, after meeting him in WoW to bring back some heads and Stannis' sword and the Boltons just let them into Winterfell, Trojan Horse-Style. That would explain, why Ramsay thought Stannis was defeated (if the pink letter was written by Ramsay). I don't think the Freys are clever enough to outsmart Stannis. Wyman will most likely not survive it, but I do hope he will kill either Ramsay or Roose. I just like him, and I want him to go out with a blast :)

Manderly is doing his own version of the Norths "its time to go hunting".

His heir is safe in White Harbor, the Freys that were due to wed his kin are coincidentally dead and he's brought enough troops to seem loyal (and enough to rip the Freys to shreds between them losing leadership and turning cloak at an optimum time).

There is similar reasoning to as why Whoresbane Umber has the greybeards inside Winterfell.

:agree:

Personally I love the idea that the Freys will cross the ice lake to fight the mountain clans and the majority will just crash into the lake :D but when the last Freys rout and run to the Manderly men, the manderlys slaughter them and talk to Stannis about peace and shit:P Manderly takes a head, gives it, a crown and a sword to the Leech Lord and then Manderly will be like:

Manderly: oh yeah we lost some Freys but at least Stannis is dead:P maybe you should leave now boss?

Roose: *twiddling his classical villain moustache* excellent idea Fatman. Ramsay, you and your twenty good men go find Reek and fArya and I'll wait here for a bit.

Ramsay: sure thing daddy'o

*they open the gates and Ramsay is riding through the woods*
Ramsay: oh shit.

*camera goes to other side of the stage to show Stannis with a fuck ton of badass soldiers*

Stannis: oh shit indeed.

*meanwhile back at WF*

Roose: any word of that bastard of mine?

Random guy: no sire....

Manderly: actually Roose mate, he's on his way back now...

*they open the gate*

Stannis: Sup BITCHES!!

*slaughter*

*after the battle*

Manderly: oh shit yeah Stannis, forgot to mention, Davos is fine, he's on his way back now actually.

Stannis: I don't suppose Lord Davos has any onions?

Manderly: nope. Just Rickon.

Stannis: Safe. *a few minutes pause* Rickon can marry Shireen.

Davos: Sup boss!

Stannis: not now Davos.

*Meanwhile at the wall*

Mel: take this offer to save the real Azor Ahai! The fake ones daughter!

*end scene*

Personally I love the idea that the Freys will cross the ice lake to fight the mountain clans and the majority will just crash into the lake :D but when the last Freys rout and run to the Manderly men, the manderlys slaughter them and talk to Stannis about peace and shit:P Manderly takes a head, gives it, a crown and a sword to the Leech Lord and then Manderly will be like:

Manderly: oh yeah we lost some Freys but at least Stannis is dead:P maybe you should leave now boss?

Roose: *twiddling his classical villain moustache* excellent idea Fatman. Ramsay, you and your twenty good men go find Reek and fArya and I'll wait here for a bit.

Ramsay: sure thing daddy'o

*they open the gates and Ramsay is riding through the woods*
Ramsay: oh shit.

*camera goes to other side of the stage to show Stannis with a fuck ton of badass soldiers*

Stannis: oh shit indeed.

*meanwhile back at WF*

Roose: any word of that bastard of mine?

Random guy: no sire....

Manderly: actually Roose mate, he's on his way back now...

*they open the gate*

Stannis: Sup BITCHES!!

*slaughter*

*after the battle*

Manderly: oh shit yeah Stannis, forgot to mention, Davos is fine, he's on his way back now actually.

Stannis: I don't suppose Lord Davos has any onions?

Manderly: nope. Just Rickon.

Stannis: Safe. *a few minutes pause* Rickon can marry Shireen.

Davos: Sup boss!

Stannis: not now Davos.

*Meanwhile at the wall*

Mel: take this offer to save the real Azor Ahai! The fake ones daughter!

*end scene*

Actually, that last little bit, where Mel thinks Stannis is dead, because Pink Letter*, and that it's actually Jon who's AA or tPtwP, and burns the daughter to resurrect Jon Pincushion, is actually a plausible "George might have/maybe is going to have written it that way, and is a nod to O'Henry's "Gift of The Magi" and the "Had I But Known" school of plotting.

Should make for an interesting Stannis/Mel reunion scene.

*I'm pretty sure the Ides of Marsh was a result of the letter's "Stannis is dead" line, as Bowen and them scrambled to get the Watch back on the Lannister/Iron Throne good side.

Actually, that last little bit, where Mel thinks Stannis is dead, because Pink Letter*, and that it's actually Jon who's AA or tPtwP, and burns the daughter to resurrect Jon Pincushion, is actually a plausible "George might have/maybe is going to have written it that way, and is a nod to O'Henry's "Gift of The Magi" and the "Had I But Known" school of plotting.

Should make for an interesting Stannis/Mel reunion scene.

*I'm pretty sure the Ides of Marsh was a result of the letter's "Stannis is dead" line, as Bowen and them scrambled to get the Watch back on the Lannister/Iron Throne good side.

I sure Manderly has a bigger plan than just sit in Winterfell and act there. Defeating house Bolton and the restoration of house Stark will require more than just killing the Freys and leading the men he has inside to slaughter. Manderly and Stannis are working on the same problem (how to bring down house Bolton and any loyalist to house Bolton), but they are working on it from two different angles, without communications

So far he's gotten his men and the Freys out of Winterfell (a defensive position) and sent them against Stannis, I do think his men are waiting for the best opportunity to turn cloak and attack the Freys and at this point if the Manderly forces and Stannis meet there will be a meeting of the minds.

As a side note, I would not be surprised if Robert Glover shows up with a force and besieges the Dreadfort (which would send Ravens to Winterfell) and pull some of the Dreadfort men out so they can be ambushed between Winterfell and the Dreadfort. Depending where Lady Dunstin's loyalties lie they may get a Raven of a attack on Barrowtown (Ramsey does mention burning it down) that would pull troops also. 

Taking Bolton troops out in smaller groups, will be far easier than storming Winterfell and the Dreadfort.

Wait-wait. Manderly ALREADY united everyone, including lady Dustin, against Boltons.

I didn't mean expose as in giving everyone an AHA moment but more confronting him with his crimes and misdeeds, making him answer for what he had done. There just dramatically needs to be a scene where everyone stops their pretense and Roose is called to account. You would just want a better audience for that than a few random Ryswells and Frey's.

If the supposition that the missing Freys did coldly furnish forth the marriage table is correct, he is cursed.  But I'm pretty sure he would say it was worth it.

The Rat King was cursed for breaking guest right, Manderly did no such thing. He gave the Freys guest gifts, which signals the end of guest right.

awww yeah 

Manderly (Lord Lamprey) is becoming a monster; like the Rat Cook; like Biter; like the Squishers.

He thinks he got away with his crime, because he obeyed the letter of the rules as he understands them. But maybe the gods (or whoever) care more about the spirit than the letter.  Or maybe old Nan's legends are wrong on certain points.  Perhaps the gods DO care about cannibalism.  Perhaps they DO care about particularly-hateful forms of vengeance.

Vengeance turns men into monsters.  That's a theme of ASOIAF.

Manderly is doing his own version of the Norths "its time to go hunting".

His heir is safe in White Harbor, the Freys that were due to wed his kin are coincidentally dead and he's brought enough troops to seem loyal (and enough to rip the Freys to shreds between them losing leadership and turning cloak at an optimum time).

There is similar reasoning to as why Whoresbane Umber has the greybeards inside Winterfell.

I think so, too. He isn't really behaving like a man who intends to survive. He got his heir back, he send Davs on the Rickon quest and he (probably) got his revenge. Now he seems happy to die.

The Rat King was cursed for breaking guest right, Manderly did no such thing. He gave the Freys guest gifts, which signals the end of guest right.

I know Wyman didn't break guest right.

Cannibalism carries its own curse.

Actually it would be a lot funnier if the Freys really did get lost in the frozen woods and Wyman was just messing with everybody by referencing the Rat Cook.

And it was a shame, chin #3 was my favorite character :D

I'm doing a lot of thinking about the pink letter and it therefore would make sense that the Manderlys plan with Stannis, after meeting him in WoW to bring back some heads and Stannis' sword and the Boltons just let them into Winterfell, Trojan Horse-Style. That would explain, why Ramsay thought Stannis was defeated (if the pink letter was written by Ramsay). I don't think the Freys are clever enough to outsmart Stannis. Wyman will most likely not survive it, but I do hope he will kill either Ramsay or Roose. I just like him, and I want him to go out with a blast :)

Has anyone analyzed the possibilities with regard to plot of Wyman having written the Pink Letter?

You forget the ghost of Winterfell he is most likely in the service of Wyman. He kept his activities with Robett Glover a secret he most likely kept his vouchsafe of Brynden Tully secret also. Bryndens going to be plenty angry with them Freys.

Really? I'm pretty sure the spearwives were not working for Manderly, and I'm also pretty sure they killed everyone except Walder Frey who was killed by Walder Frey.

Archived