Skyrim: Dying with a monotonous regularity

Hereward

Re Dragon Priests:

I have fought 4 or 5 dragon knights total but only remember where I found two of them:

One is in Rangvald Northwest of Markarth. His name starts with an O but don't remember it at the moment.

Rahgot is in some ruins south of Riften. I remember this one because it was a very interesting quest (which starts when you find the ruins).

I also have Volsung's and Krosis's masks but not sure where I fought them. I do know I fought one Dragon Priest on top of a mountain and got three words at once there, but I don't really remember where or which one it was.

Re Namira Quest

I can't decide what to do with this one. I finished the mission both ways (killing and eating the dude from Hall of the Dead and killing all the followers) and saved it after both. I really want all the deadric artifacts but really feel crappy about eating the poor unsuspecting fool. Only reason I'm not playing right now is that I don't know which save to use...

As for the followers, I use Argis most of the time. Once in a while I'll bring a dog, but only cause they're cute.

I'm sticking with Erik just now, because I find his dialogue in barrows hilariously entertaining ('Everything in here is about death. Funeral shrouds, burial urns, it's so depressing!' He sounds so amazed every time he says it, too...) Also because he seems to share my contempt for the Forsworn, who I am currently hunting down just because their weapons are so offensively ugly and stupid-looking. The game doesn't seem to have any weapons that actually look good, but these are particularly hideous.

A dog? I need a dog. Where do I get one from?

The only dog I ever got was Barnabus. Didn't even know you could get other dog companions.

Are they as retarded as the horses? Because the last thing I need is to chase after another large animal on fire.

I saw a dude outside Markath (I think?) selling some badass looking dogs.

Yes, you can get one from him or you can collect Meeko from a shack south of Solitude and west of Morthall. The dogs are actually pretty good at killing. They do bark a lot though which is annoying when sneaking and they do get in your way. Having both a follower and a dog is possible but get very annoying very fast.

I have a magician as a companion (the priestress from the Shrine of Azura actually), and I'm very happy with her. I've only killed her once or twice in about 50 hours of play and she's proved to be very useful, especially in the beginning (not so much now as I can take about any ennemy by myself, but she's still pretty good at taking ennemies off while I'm playing as a tank).

The only thing bothering me is that although I've provided her with a dozen different robes, she seems to prefer spending most of her time running around half-naked, which breaks the mood when you're in the middle of a serious meeting with one king or the other, or when you're in the middle of a snow storm in the far north...

Still, she makes good use of her staves and summons, has never betrayed me while sneaking, she can carry a lot of stuff around since her own equipment is not very heavy and since she never engages ennemies in close combat, the chances are slim that she gets caught in friendly fire.

I guess the same could be said of any magician as a companion though...

I think some of the weapons look pretty awesome. Have you found the seord called Chilrend Mormont? It looks pretty sweet.

Nope. But unless it looks very different from the other weaponry, I'm not getting my hopes up. The weapons I've encountered so far range from 'unremarkable' to 'actively dumb-looking'. The Forsworn swords and axes are the most bizarre, but the Orcish axes are also hideous (and stupid), as are the Elven ones. They look like they were designed by someone who's never actually picked up so much as a butter knife.

Ok Skyrim support group, I started yesterday and my sole goal in life is to master magic... (yes, pitiful, but whatever) I also

joined the companions but have no intention whatsoever of becoming a werewolf... so what do I have to do here?

So anyone with Magic Leveling advice is welcome.

I too need some advice. I've looked on-line but I can't seem to figure how how to control an NPC's inventory. I'm playing the PC version.

Zar, regarding your spoiler question, I'm not sure you have to become the latter to complete the former.

I don't know if it's different from the Xbox version, but you can't really control your NPC's inventory. You have a speech option which allows you to switch items from your inventory to his, and he will equip whatever fits his fancy among all the stuff you've given him (not really, there are some rules, like he'll equip the item in the best material available, then if there are several items in the same material, the one with the most powerful enchantment).

When you say improving armour do you mean workbench improving or just getting better armour?

If its getting better armour, just power level your smithing using iron and leather items, cheapest and easiest ways to get the skill levels to be able to go down either the light armour or heavy armour section of the trees.

If your heavy, the ebony stuff is kinda a trap, a very good and awesome trap but one netheraless. As since Daedric armour also requires Ebony Ingots and a daedric heart and is just plain better gear. (Theres one in the companions hut low level that respawns every fortnight I think it is) Theres two easy way to get ebony. Either the Traveling merchants that appear outside the holds now and then (I found him the most at Whiterun) will have a bar or two, or theres a mine in the far east just south east of Windhelm I think it is called Gloomsomething that once you've gotten good with the orcs near there you can mine a fair amount of Ebony (plus theres a fair amount on the floor that you can steal)

I don't know if it's different from the Xbox version, but you can't really control your NPC's inventory. You have a speech option which allows you to switch items from your inventory to his, and he will equip whatever fits his fancy among all the stuff you've given him (not really, there are some rules, like he'll equip the item in the best material available, then if there are several items in the same material, the one with the most powerful enchantment).

Yes. Benor, over here, seems to not like equiping the best weapon. I've given him a warhammer thats around 5 points more damage, yet he still wears the greatsword.

This game is cool, though I wish the landscape had a little more variety to it. So far my favorite three locations are the snowy mountain, the other snowy mountain, and that snowy area near the montains.

Yes. Benor, over here, seems to not like equiping the best weapon. I've given him a warhammer thats around 5 points more damage, yet he still wears the greatsword.

Swords swing faster than hammers so 'he' might still think the greatsword is better if it's just 5 points difference.

Archived