Jon Snow marries Daenerys Targareyen

Cregan Karstark was technically Alys' cousin but she knew him as her uncle and he meant to marry her. Lysa was going to marry Sansa to Sweetrobin.

I think everyone sees brother/sister or parent/child as an abomination but cousin/cousin is acceptable and we don't know where nephew/aunt or niece/uncle stands.

EDIT: Not the North but Victarion mistakenly thought that Asha was offering to be his wife. First he got aroused and then thought it was weird because she was Balon's daughter and he remembered her as a child but he didn't say we can't she's my niece. It seemed to be more because she grew up around him in a non sexual light.

http://www.westeros...._Old_Questions/

They are alike in the most obvious way of Dany saying if I look back I am lost and Nymeria burning her ships so she could not go back. They both move forward.

Nymeria did reach the place she meant to reach though. & we know that she will go to Westeros because of the prophecies and GRRM confirmed a second Dance of the Dragons. Since Aegon isn't going to her she has to go to him.

Thank you for the link. I think they are more alike in the way that both Nymeria and Joan d´ Arc are like standards people will rally around, a role I see Sansa possibly fullfilling in Westeros and Jon in the North (though I think he´s poised for sacrifice).

The Dance of the Dragons will obviously happen when Dany returns from the Dothraki Sea and wrests her children, or one of them anyway, from Victarion or Brown Ben who controlled them with the horn or the footlong Plummness.

Yeah, because non-Targaryen rule has worked out so great . . . oh, wait . . .

Just burn the iron throne and hide the ashes and pretend there was never a monarch since no one can do it right lol. Dany will arrive and be like hey dude wtf WHERE IS MY IRON THRONE?!

Yeah but a fresh face like Tyrells or Martells would be a welcome since no ones seen them fuck up yet, but the Targs? omg no please no!

We also have to find out just how dead Jon is and how he'll be revived – Daario notwithstanding, Dany might not want to bed an actual zombie.

I favor the general theory that Jon and Dany will wind up as antagonists, although I'm not sure how. It may be that they're both opposing the Others, but differ in strategy; it may be that Jon doesn't welcome the return of Targs and their dragons, especially if they're dragging Tyrion Lannister along; it may be that the Heretics posting in the ADWD thread are right and Jon is the Ice Dragon set to do battle with the fire dragons, etc., etc. Whatever. I also expect one or both to die – so no happy-ever-after for these two.

i don't get the feeling that jon will be an undead. grrm has stated that coming back that way changes the person and they often lose themselves. i just don't see that happening to jon given what his character arc has been foreshadowed to accomplish.

and yes, i see more of an atagonistic dance although that may lead them to a place of cooperation after all the dust settles since there has been a great deal of foreshadowing that these two will be important to one another in the future.

Related to this whole discussion, I think this prophecy means that Daenerys will die giving birth to a living child and thereby join Drogo in the afterlife. And I think this will happen within the confines of the story, so I don't actually imagine Daenerys ruling Westeros in the long-term is really that much of a concern.

i agree with this. although i can't for the life of me figure out how grrm can manage to get dany and jon to sleep together so she can give birth to the targaryen heir. i mean it does sound too sweet but it seems to be "written".

I can't express how much I DON'T want these two to end up together. I can't stand Dany but I've come to really enjoy Jon Snow and I wouldn't even mind if he ends up on the throne but PLEASE not with her. Dany's absence was one of the few good things about AFFC IMO.

For Dany to spend a majority of the series as some foreign shored, dragon menagerie, grifter and than come in and just sashay onto the Iron Throne would make me want to burn my GoT books.

Pairing these two together is cliche, ill-concieved and trite. I'm only 50/50 on whether GRRM will do it. But I really hope he doesn't.

i agree with this. although i can't for the life of me figure out how grrm can manage to get dany and jon to sleep together so she can give birth to the targaryen heir. i mean it does sound too sweet but it seems to be "written".

Actually, I imagine the whole thing will end up reading very bittersweet or even tragic. Daenerys dying while giving birth (and thereby completing prophecy). Jon, perhaps, long dead by that point. Bran, stuck as a tree, viewing all of this and nobody realizing he is still alive. Not exactly happy times.

Jon is as far away from the Iron Throne as one could get. Putting aside his commtiment to the Watch, there is a problem of who will support him should he make a claim.

The Northron lords will be pissed because he allowed the Wildings through. He's a bastard, and you know those types can't ever be trusted. The Wildlings are not good enough in the battlefield to put him in Winterfell. Lords don't like it when the Night Watch starts dabbling in their affairs. If it ever got out that he allowed the criminal Mance to walk free then everyone will want his head. Where will Jon get his support?

He's got to have more than a document. He needs an army to put him in Winterfell.

It would be the most amazing thing ever if they end up together :love:

U guys only think its predictable because of the over analysis of everything in the book. Every theory n possible outcome has been imagined already on this forum. So of course it would be predictable because there r no surprises left since yall thought of everything. The average reader would not even fathom that jon is even a possibility as mate to dany.

I actually would die of shock if they did end up together. The shock ain't if it doesn't happen. The shock will be if it happens. This story has much more doom and gloom than anything else out there. We;ve had more tragedy and more sorrow already. I don't think it's cliche' if something unlikely like that were to happen.

How many romantic relationships work out in this story? Only Cersei and Jaime, right?

(SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS)

So I have been trolling this thread since I finished Dance a few months ago because i googled "is Jon Snow dead?" in a panic. My gut tells me he is too integral and unfinished in terms of character development to be done. it had been, since the beginning, my girlish (re:Disney-influenced) hope that somehow, some way, Jon and Dany would end up together- mostly just because I like them both a lot, and because it'd be a tidy way to join the North and the generally-Targ-loving South. I've learned a lot from all the theories out there and am embarrassed to say, I didn't catch the whole R+L=J connection initially, how could I have missed it?  My main issue with this theory, while it made me happy since i thought jon could possibly be dead, is that if he truly is R+L's son, and possibly the pwwp/AA, what does that make Dany? I feel like her role in the series so far has been this obviously prophesied individual(s) and if Jon fulfills the prophecy, she'd just be some Targ girl who had a star bleed for her and dragons awaken from stone? I would be disappointed if there was some random dragon sleeping under winterfell (but maybe that's how the spring stays hot...), it would cheapen the three dragons Dany awakened and the 3-headed aspect Martin keeps alluding to. If there were a bunch of dragons sleeping, dany wouldnt be important. I just don't know how the two can coexist and both fulfill prophecies... Then I thought:

Dany still thinks she has to be betrayed once more, for love, what if her and Jon fall truly and madly in love and he sacrifices her Nissa Nissa style to temper lightbringer? I realize this is a long shot given the leagues between them and only 2 books to go and wars about to ignite- but still, both the betrayal, the sacrifice need to happen and if the two can't coexist it'd be a dramatic way to solve that. That being said, I would hate it. Jon was raised Stark and therefore doesn't have betrayal in his nature, it wouldn't be right. And Dany is ma girl - hence the user name. Also, someone on here recently said that Rhaegar was melancholy because he knew the pwwp had to sacrifice himself - where does it say that? I was not aware of this aspect, but that'd also mean whoever it is would have to die - shame. Although I'd guess Jon would sacrifice himself before Dany. I've never read anything else by Martin but he definitely likes to kill people I love. What we want for these characters is for Dany to have a home and Jon to not be a bastard... But what will Martin give us? 

Hmm... All I know is I cannot wait years and years to get my hands on book 6 and we know that it's going to have the most infuriating cliff hangers of all.

Time for a flagon...

Strong feeling that it's headed there. Two creatures who can fight the cold the Direwolf and the Dragon. Same age. Both have known lovers. Clearly Jon is not staying at the Wall forever. I think his identity, when it is revealed will somehow tie him to Daenerys. If he is Rhaegar's other son. I somehow see their fates collide before the end. When "The Others" come, maybe there will be Dragons at the Wall

I think youre on the right track but GRRM has stated this story wont have a fairy tail ending.

I think jons going to brought back by the workings of rhallor, and I too think that this is somehow going to tie him to Dany. But I think Jons new life will be a temporary one, and their love will never come to a wedding..

To refernce a passage, I think the Blue eyed pale lips man on a boat that dany dreams of is infact ressurected Jon.

I think youre on the right track but GRRM has stated this story wont have a fairy tail ending.

I think jons going to brought back by the workings of rhallor, and I too think that this is somehow going to tie him to Dany. But I think Jons new life will be a temporary one, and their love will never come to a wedding..

To refernce a passage, I think the Blue eyed pale lips man on a boat that dany dreams of is infact ressurected Jon.

I hope so. Dany marrying Jon is the last thing I wanna see.

I would rather jon married sansa, I know everyone is like iiillll grosss but if r+l=j they are cousins and cousins in westeros marry all the time. He could be king of the north/vale/and riverlands. (ducks and runs out of the thread)

Strong feeling that it's headed there. Two creatures who can fight the cold the Direwolf and the Dragon. Same age. Both have known lovers. Clearly Jon is not staying at the Wall forever. I think his identity, when it is revealed will somehow tie him to Daenerys. If he is Rhaegar's other son. I somehow see their fates collide before the end. When "The Others" come, maybe there will be Dragons at the Wall

My only problem with your feeling is that I cannot picture Jon living in the south. Jon + Val = victory

It would be the most amazing thing ever if they end up together :love:

U guys only think its predictable because of the over analysis of everything in the book. Every theory n possible outcome has been imagined already on this forum. So of course it would be predictable because there r no surprises left since yall thought of everything. The average reader would not even fathom that jon is even a possibility as mate to dany.

I'm going to go on a limb and say that anyone who has put 2 and 2 together and thought that "dragons will defeat ice" has probably also thought of the Dany + Jon possibility. Dany + Jon is not really a "theory" that one has to uncover, but a pretty conventional assumption given that they are the 2 main characters of the series, that they are male and female, and that they constitute "ice and fire" according to most opinion (though I contest the "ice + fire" thing since Jon himself is ice + fire).

Anyway, as I've said before, I don't see how a love story between these two is that plausible-- that is, how to convincingly write a believable love blossoming between these two-- and I don't see how their love would add much to the overall picture. I do see the Rhaegar/ Lyanna symmetry, but whereas their love brought the realm apart, I see Dany/ Jon's opposition might help restore balance. That's probably the biggest reason I don't get the Dany/ Jon love thing-- I see them as adversaries rather than lovers. And also, I don't see either of them cementing any claims to thrones based on each other's Targaryen lineage, so I honestly can't see even an "arranged" marriage happening.

For Dany to spend a majority of the series as some foreign shored, dragon menagerie, grifter and than come in and just sashay onto the Iron Throne would make me want to burn my GoT books.

me too. Grifter is a new one- nice :lmao:

Archived