Dany being set up to be the main villain of the story?

houseHB

I have this theory that the Iron Born will end up having a negative impact on Dany's portrayal on her invading Westeros. We are shown how the Iron Born behave when they raid towns specifically High-Garden, and how Euron treats his captives. I believe that Victarion will die in Mereen, I think Euron will have something to do with his death. Euron possibly a faceless man, already in Mereen? Euron will appear to Dany as Victarion's replacement as a representative of House Greyjoy, do not figure how Tyrion will fit into all this? Perhaps, something happens to him in Winds maybe Dany has him killed in Winds for being a Lannister, maybe Jorah and Barristan die as well? I do not see Ser Barristan advising Dany to do any sort of alliance with the Iron Born, he knows their kind from the Greyjoy rebellion. So I think Dany will turn out to be the villain in the story and Jon Snow TPTWP will have to kill her.

Others are probably going to be the main villain, but Dany will most likely go all 'Fire and Blood' and try to flame everything in sight by the time she gets to Westeros (not that her conquest will last long)

Set up to be obsolete. That's an annoying challenge for Stormborn to face. Uh, you're redundant now, no matter how many titles you have. Hey, why don't you add that to your list of titles, She Whose Thunder Has Been Stolen. What's looming ahead isn't so much to be the main villain as to sing It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To.

Let's just say it wouldn't shock me. GRRM has certainly set a lot of the groundwork for Daenerys' having her father and Viserys' episodes where their anger explodes and they began acting villainously.

I think it will ultimately depend on whose point of view you're looking at her from. I don't think that her plan to invade Westeros and try to retake a throne that her family had lost in a war precipitated by the excesses of her father was ever going to be for the benefit of people on the continent. She could have only heaped more suffering on the people she wanted to rule, and for what?

The argument I've read as to why the Others can't be the villains is because GRRM doesn't do that type of thing. I think it being Dany is just substituting one "dark lord" for another.

People over-analyze GRRM when he talks about how there are "no real villains." Obviously The Others are villains and the antagonist of the series. GRRM has always been talking about people and obviously the Others are not human. He just meant that even people who do really bad things have a good side to them; even if the bad outweighs the good.

No, she's not. I suspect Tyrion's estimation of Daenerys - the one he describes to Aegon over a game of cyvasse - is more or less GRRM's estimation of her. Also, Selmy loves her, and he's meant to be another reliable narrator for us. Daenerys is too devoted to her people, too willing to tend to the flux victims herself, too adamant about saving everything that seems to need saving, etc. (even if its sometimes cloying) to be a villain. She's no more insane than Jojen or Melisandre or anybody else connected to magic.

In the end, I hope she isn't an unambiguous hero, 'cause I just don't see her as "the savior to heal all of Westeros' wounds" that Ilyrio seems to think she is. One clearly articulated aspect of her character is that sometimes her good intentions do more harm than good (like the incident with the lamb girl). She may make a mistake of this type in trying to "heal Westeros" which wouldn't be good for the realm, but hardly villainous.

Ive seen it proposed that she is Stallion who mounts the world. but does she have time to take over the world like a female Alexander of Macedonia?

Which would be unpopular with many readers though it is what i expect her to do.

She wont have a Disney princess story that seems certain.

Ive seen it proposed that she is Stallion who mounts the world. but does she have time to take over the world like a female Alexander of Macedonia?

Which would be unpopular with many readers though it is what i expect her to do.

Yeah, this is what I'm seeing.

Will her story get darker ? Absolutely.

Her mistakes have tended to be from her "gentle heart", her lusty heart, her offended heart, etc.

Now that she's survived an assassination attempt in Mereen (well, another one), and eaten the poisonous berries of revelation, I think she's had a bit of a talk with herself, and maybe learned something. She must be the dragon, and a dragon - a conquering one especially - is heartless.

I think Drogon is the Stallion who mounts the world.

Archived