Long Price Quartet vs. The Black Company vs. Prince of Nothing

1918me

If you are talking about trying to find TLPQ anywhere for cheap it is not easy. I accidentally bought autumn after the summer one and have been looking at Betrayal for a long time trying to find a good price. I have also been picky as I want all four books because I think they are some of the better done covers out there and I already had the first one so I did not need to get the combination of the first two.

Even on amazon now you can get the first three for less than $5 each but not the last one or the second half book (last two books combined).

You naughty little monkey.

Why? I don't understand why it would take over 3 books to figure that out.

Actually, it may have been two plus. Not quite sure. In any case, the story morphed. I liked the story through at least the beginning of the Crusade. I thought it started to drag at some points, I remember a few huge battles, and I remember it ultimately ending up being successful. Kellhus running into his father, etc. But I also remember skimming a lot of the last part. So is that two books, or three? Oh, and the whole thing with Achamian, Esme, and Kellhus started to be a real turn-off, so whenever that got particularly weird, I started skipping that stuff as well. I remember getting to the point where she was banging Kellhus and Achamian denounced him publicly. Which book was that?

I later picked up the book where they were all heading north 20 or so years later, got about 1/4 of the way through that, and then concluded it was just going further down the path where the prior books also seemed to get off-track. It was like I saw some stuff in there I liked, kept hoping it would get better and a bit less weird, and it never did. So, I punted, which I rarely do once I've started a series.

Long price is quiet boring for the first book shadows and betrayal, it builds up to an Autumn war well but thats all. Autumn war is head and shoulders above the other three books in the long price quartet. The price of spring is as bad as the first two books in the series. not worth the read for two books of prep one good book then Fanfiction level finish.

the black company starts well but becomes awful towards the glittering stone arc. the first omnibus and second are very strong but the 3&4 are bad. first 5 books (2 omnibuses) worth the read next not so much.

never read the prince of nothing

Actually, it may have been two plus. Not quite sure. In any case, the story morphed. I liked the story through at least the beginning of the Crusade. I thought it started to drag at some points, I remember a few huge battles, and I remember it ultimately ending up being successful. Kellhus running into his father, etc. But I also remember skimming a lot of the last part. So is that two books, or three? Oh, and the whole thing with Achamian, Esme, and Kellhus started to be a real turn-off, so whenever that got particularly weird, I started skipping that stuff as well. I remember getting to the point where she was banging Kellhus and Achamian denounced him publicly. Which book was that?

I later picked up the book where they were all heading north 20 or so years later, got about 1/4 of the way through that, and then concluded it was just going further down the path where the prior books also seemed to get off-track. It was like I saw some stuff in there I liked, kept hoping it would get better and a bit less weird, and it never did. So, I punted, which I rarely do once I've started a series.

Ahh...it seems like most people who don't like Bakker are turned off fairly quickly, but I could be totally wrong there. I can see how you start reading it and it seems like something other than what it is and that could turn you off though.

Long price is quiet boring for the first book shadows and betrayal, it builds up to an Autumn war well but thats all. Autumn war is head and shoulders above the other three books in the long price quartet. The price of spring is as bad as the first two books in the series. not worth the read for two books of prep one good book then Fanfiction level finish.

:lmao: no words :lmao:

I think Bakker would have a hard time not slipping in some reference to neuroscience or psychology that would give him away.

Ever are men decieved by their perceived need for neuroscience.

Archived