Getting a Female Geek's Romantic Attention

Guest Raidne

Mostly, the Board just seems slow. But I was reading Slate's quora, which I've never done before, and this question (how to) was posted there. Here is one answer.

Anon User

I don't want to judge anyone. This is personal experience.

These girls believe in deep understanding and connection. They prefer long conversation; they also want to show off their geek nature in a subtle manner, it means somewhere they expect you to give compliments about their intelligence.

• This kind of girl has very high self respect
  • She is Dominative. It is the hardest part to accept but you really like her then you have to dodge this thing
  • She thinks that she knows many things. ( Actually she does in their interest area).hat yes I’m dumb but I would like to know many things from you
  • Common hobby in female geeks are they love reading (not Nichols Spark kind of books, more of the Ayn Rand kind of books.) Ask them about it and start reading, (At Least Wikipedia synopsis), Talk about it. Ask some questions, argue about it. Show her that you have changed because of her
  • She loves Philosophy.
  • Talk about it, it neither has to be logical and nor rational;it more has to be arguable; you can have a long conversation with her. She will think that, “this is great we talk for hours”
  • These kind of girl could be a control freak, so let them organize your date or meeting and compliment her for multi tasking
  • This girl looks for long relationship, mostly they believe in true love and soul mate The kind of things (Despite the fact that they hate Twilight). They don’t look for the Fling and casual relations. Show them that you have enjoyed enough life and now you want to stop all these things and want to settle down with someone very special.
  • This girl believes in logic and rationality. Most of the times they are atheist.
  • These are very sharp girls, they analyze your behavior and my advice is to think about consequences and then react.
  • Some geek girls also believe in individuality. It means they expect that you should have strong decision making and self respect about each other

Holy shit. This person is frightening. Don't have much else - I figure plenty of people will disagree with what's here already.

ETA: Not responsible for the bizarre bolding - in the original.

That post is frightening. I don't really understand the person, whether male or female, who is sitting around figuring out ways to play mind games with someone in order to 'get something over' on another human being. It seems very sociopathic to me.

I don't find it scary so much as just naive. Dating tips like read Ayn Rand? :laugh: It reminds of the stuff friends would say when I was 15. "Tell her she's beautiful when she walks by, and if she smiles, that means she likes you." Whoever posted that has to still be in high school. If not physically, then mentally.

Looks up from cutting and pasting to word...yeah, scary, yeah. Total creeper.

[in all seriousness, it seemed ridiculous but not scary.]

eta: As to slowness of board, following topics lined up in my queue, people can start threads if they want:

The Global Refugee Problem

Are Whites, Straights, Males, really holding us back from the Promised Land?

If Women were as demanding as Men about body grooming...

The Great God Debate

The Ultimate Sex Question Thread

Nalied it?

What the heck:

Even before finding these books the researchers doubted Nali’s year death, 1856. Malah Abdul Karim Mudarris and his son; Fatih Abdoulkarim, both mentioned that "there are many poems that Nali talks about himself being very old like:

• Mûy sipî kirdim be shushtin awî eînî Shore Shet

My extra salty tears like a salty river comes down on my beard and moustache and made it white

• Bo Memik Nalî çi mindalane wey wey kirdûe, gerçî mûy wek Shîre bew Shîre Shikofey Kirdûe

How for Boobs Nali just like a small kid make Wey Wey “crying”

Even his hair is just like milk, he grew up with that Milk!)

Well, I guess if you subscribe to the "any attention is good attention" theory, this might be greatly successful.

Otherwise I rather hope it's a bit of a joke, from either the author or Slate (or both). ETA: is there any sort of moderation on the quora, before or after topic posting, or is it more of a free for all?

I dunno. I'd say shortly after, where he recommends reading a Wiki synopsis instead of an actual book. That'll impress her!

"Darling, that Wikipedia entry has changed my life. By the time I got to the "In Popular Culture" section I was even almost ready to accept your naive belief in your own individuality."

I dunno. I'd say shortly after, where he recommends reading a Wiki synopsis instead of an actual book. That'll impress her!

"Darling, that Wikipedia entry has changed my life. By the time I got to the "In Popular Culture" section I was even almost ready to accept your naive belief in your own individuality."

The plan actually seems to be to read the Wikipedia article so you have some cursory knowledge but then let this dominative woman school you on Ayn Rand all night, after which you compliment her on her towering intellect and date-planning skills and hope you become soul mates.

I would have to say I fit that (vague, impersonal) description of what a geek woman likes/wants. But I think most women do like talking about what they like, think they know what they are talking about, and if they are willing to take you seriously are wondering if you are LTR material. (Did I say wymyn? I meant people.)

Don't be scared, friends: This sounds to me like pick-up literature, surging in popularity since that guy with the strange hat got his own tv show. Basically this is the version for shy/geeky men to read so they feel like they have the confidence to approach shy/geeky wymyn. It is sort of disgusting, but you have to remember the only ones who take this kind of thing seriously have maladapted social skills and probably an unfounded fear of vaginas. The quicker they learn what nice, receptive places they are, the better. Then comes treating wymyn as people. Or maybe that should come first. I don't know, I'm not a psychologist.

Archived