#1 Xray the Enforcer

Xray the Enforcer

Baroness of the BWB

• Board Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

The other thread went past 400.

Please DO NOT use this as a chat thread. This thread is to discuss technical issues with the board ONLY.
(although the occasional "thank you" to Sparks would not be amiss.)

Thank you.

#2 ICE CROW

ICE CROW

She's the closest to Heaven that i've ever been.

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

A big thank you to Ran and Sparks for all their hard work in getting Forum Games back up and running and for getting it back without losing any of the threads, you guys kick ass /cheers.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheers:' />

Edited by ICE CROW, 16 October 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#3 The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for fixing Forum Games this quick! <3 /cheers.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheers:' />

#4 Zar Lannister

Zar Lannister

Ward of the West Indies

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

and also to thank for fixing my Error #2000 issue with the Landline. Thanks guys!

#5 Dracarya

Dracarya

And though she be but little, she is fierce

• Members
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Right thread for this? The avatar I have atm is a gif, but it's not moving. It works on other forums. Just wondering if there's anything I can do to fix this?

#6 Triskele

Triskele

Frisky Trisky

• Members
  • 28,624 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm having the strangest issue. I had some malware recently, so could be related, but I don't know for sure. I got rid of the malware and my security scanner says my computer is clean. But I can't post on the board (doing this from my phone). I can type in the space but nothing happens when I hit the post button. Interestingly, I can PM. Anyone have any ideas?

#7 K.C.

K.C.

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Dracarya, did you have to resize it to meet the upload requirements and lose the animation in the process? Small, simple animated GIFs should work, because Liar over in Forum Games just re-uploaded his old one and it's fine.

#8 Dracarya

Dracarya

• Members
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Dracarya, did you have to resize it to meet the upload requirements and lose the animation in the process? Small, simple animated GIFs should work, because Liar over in Forum Games just re-uploaded his old one and it's fine.

Ah yes I did, but I also had to resize it for another forum and it's fine there. Hmm.

#9 Triskele

Triskele

Frisky Trisky

• Members
  • 28,624 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

I think something was up w/ my browser, and it seems to be fixed, so please disregard!

#10 Pebbles

Pebbles

Not Innocent

• Members
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

Ah yes I did, but I also had to resize it for another forum and it's fine there. Hmm.

Try uploading it to Gravatar and linking from there. I found animated Gifs work from their but not when uploaded dircetly to this board.

#11 Dracarya

Dracarya

• Members
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Nope no luck. Ah well. I still have Madden, can't really complain.

#12 Sparks

Sparks

Sysadmin of Ice and Fire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

When Invision processes the avatar to ensure it's of an appropriate size and all optimized, it does seem to remove the animation. A bit unfortunate. But yes, an external avatar (i.e., Gravatar) will work, but it might take the board's caches a bit to update and show the Gravatar instead of the uploaded-locally one.

#13 Elder Sister

Elder Sister

I don't like your face. Makes me want to do things to it.

• Members
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

As of yesterday, I am having issues with seeing everything on my IPad. It's like there are ads or something causing strange squares everywhere.

It works fine at other sites. It's just this one that's acting weird and it's only on my IPad.

What should I do?

#14 Florina Laufeyson

Florina Laufeyson

Heišinn

• Members
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hi...

Im getting this popup:
http://i50.tinypic.com/3spk6.jpg

What does that mean? I click reject but it keeps popping up here..

#15 Ran

Ran

King o' the Board

• Administrators
  • 30,582 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

That's a strange one. It'd be Facebook related. I don't have the issue, myself.

I also don't have a problem with the site on the iPad. Were you using Tapatalk? I still need to update to the latest version.

#16 Elder Sister

Elder Sister

I don't like your face. Makes me want to do things to it.

• Members
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

Okay - I'm reporting back on my problem. It was Ipad related. I cleared my cookies and history in Safari and then powered off the Ipad and that fixed my problem.

So sorry to trouble you guys - thanks! /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#17 Sparks

Sparks

Sysadmin of Ice and Fire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

The weird squares thing is an issue I saw on my own iPad; an ad banner (FastClick, I think) wrote some weird mangled cookie and caused sites using that banner system to get all wonkynuts in terms of layout. Hence why clearing cookies would've fixed it for you.

The static.ak.facebook.com thing is an issue with Facebook's content delivery network. Normally, requests to Facebook's image URL would be sent to the Akamai sites via http (not requiring a certificate). Earlier, however, for whatever reason, requests for a little 16x16 PNG of the Facebook logo were being redirected to https instead, and thus returned with Akamai's default certificate for the server. This, quite legitimately, would lead to a certificate error; some browsers don't care whether certificates match for images embedded on a non-secured page, but others -- Safari, notably -- will throw a giant 'whoa wait what' dialog up.

That said, chatter around the net is that Akamai's fixed the certificate problem as of about 40 minutes ago, so it should be gone now.

Edited by Sparks, 24 October 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#18 Florina Laufeyson

Florina Laufeyson

Heišinn

• Members
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

I use Opera so yeah.

Anyway, thanks a ton Sparks! I figured it was some sort of facebook related thing but i never saw that prompt before and i was all "da fuck..."

/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#19 samih

samih

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

I started a new topic last week but it wasn't posted. It said that it will need approval from a moderator before it is shown, but I don't see why a moderator would disapprove of it? There was nothing inappropriate in the post

Edited by samih, 26 October 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#20 ( Bloodraven )

( Bloodraven )

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi, did the forum change the way it looks recently? Because all of a sudden the site looks like this to me: fonts are larger, the spacing is wider, the links are blue and there's that weird grey border around the board....It wasn't like this last night. I tried on both Firefox and Opera browsers.
Or is it just me?