Football, football, football 34

mormont

The obvious real reason why Keane isn't on there is because he didn't want too many United players, which is fair enough, but even setting aside that there's no possible logical reason for including RvN, great as he was, over Keane, it is a pretty crap list. Just for starters, what, clubs that don't play in the Champions League don't make good signings? Someone like Cahill or Arteta, or Okocha, could easily make that list over some of the expensive stars.

Also David Silva should be on the list, not just for his own success but for the massive impact he's had on the league as a whole- they were around before, mainly at Arsenal, but since his arrival there's suddenly been a massive demand for players of his type in the Premiership and a lot of it is down to him.

What do you think of Jonathan Wilson's critique of CRonaldo that doesn't mention Messi once?

I think that any team that has a fullback run past him is taking a pretty big gamble.

It's funny how an article that doesn't mention Messi once can nonetheless scream MESSI IS BETTER THAN RONALDO with every line.

Every player has their strengths and weaknesses. You could write an article pointing out the ways a player is weak and 'damages' the team in some way for every player in the history of the world.

Messi is a more disciplined player, to be fair. Much more of a team player...

He really isn't.

He might work harder tracking back. But despite all Ronaldo's preening and all his flouncing if he doesn't score, he's far more likely to, for example, run off the ball to draw defenders away from the real action, whereas Messi prefers to bundle in to the situation, demand the ball, then try to dribble his way through. Which fine, he's really really good at it, but Barcelona's struggles to break down massed defences (see: Celtic) come in large part from Messi's reluctance to adapt when a player is brought in to try to work on the problem (Zlatan, Villa, both being players who've been suborned by his ego).

Different styles, yes, but that is not the argument. The question is whether Cristiano is better for the team. I'd say of course he is, but Messi will always be someone you'd prefer in your side. And not just for his superior goal-scoring and skill.

Anyway, big game in Scotland tonight. Hearts vs. Celtic :laugh:

We took a lead and held it! Fuck me sideways. Decent performance too - we always play worse without Valencia but there was some proper intricate passing going on today and Anderson and Rafael in particular had excellent games. Pleased with that.

but Messi will always be someone you'd prefer in your side.

Well no, he isn't.

We took a lead and held it! Fuck me sideways. Decent performance too - we always play worse without Valencia but there was some proper intricate passing going on today and Anderson and Rafael in particular had excellent games. Pleased with that.

Well no, he isn't.

no? no messi?

any single team on the planet be it a pub side to a squad playing in the champions league would be happier than a man with an endless bag of blowjobs to have messi available to them.

i think you may well by insane.

Archived