Which major characters will GRRM kill off in TWoW?

Victarion seems to be a popular choice, and I agree.

I think Theon will still have a role to play in ADoS (kingsmoot), so I'm going to say he lingers around for that. I think he will have a hand in the death of Ramsay though. Roose I think will be killed by Arya (just a hunch) and therefore he sticks around until Arya makes it back to Westeros, which I am guessing won't happen until ADoS.

I think most of the Freys are done for in TWoW, but I think Lord Walder lives on to be the last living male of the Frey line. Karma and irony combining wonderfully there.

I think Cersei is a goner either near the end of TWoW or the beginning of ADoS. I can't begin to guess what happens to Jaime though.

Sweetmilk will do in Robert Arryn, and I think sooner than Littlefinger will want.

Along with that, Littlefinger's sweet bastard daughter Alayne will at least be a part of what ends LF's life.

UnGregor, and Qyburn shortly after UnGregor and Cersei bite it, too.

Most of the Mereen cast (Daario, Hizdahr zo Loraq, Green Grace for starters).

JonCon doesn't have long.

Probably even more than what I've written, but I'm not going to keep going. It's going to be a bloody book for certain.

Here's who I hope will die:

Arya - can't stand her, can't stand hearing about all the whores in Braavos and what they're up to (good to know my ass, KM), and she gets her punishment for helping Rorge, Biter, and Bolton (she never got punished for anything, even her stupid wolf is free and wreaking havoc while Lady is rotting in her place)

Bran - so I don't have to hear him whining about being broken, so I don't have to read his Summer stories anymore, and so Hodor can finally have his peace (Bran is repaying all he did with taking over his body and making him cringe in a corner); also, Meera could do much better... maybe Jorah Mormont could meet her...

Samwell Tarly - enough already

Areo Hotah - arrogant, useless, simple death for a simple jackass

JonCon - I don't care for this guy, he randomly shows up and then gets POV status

some or all of the Sand Snakes - too many of them, especially the four little ones seem to serve no purpose whatsoever; I get that the Red Viper was sleeping around a lot, but it seems like overkill

Ramsay Snow (I'll never name him Bolton) - this guy has to suffer a lot before he dies

The Freys - yes, I'm one of the genocide supporters, wipe the Freys off Westeros

UnCat - I liked Cat a lot when she was alive, now she just creeps me out

Qyburn - if you are/were a Bloody Mummer, I want you dead

Ser Robert Strong - I hate this thing, The Mountain was bad enough as he was, considered invincible and all, but now somehow this thing is even taller and stronger - also, the name is enough to make you hate him, it just shows how stupid Qyburn actually is

Hizdahr zo Loraq - Die zo Now

Queen Selyse - no one likes her

Mance Rayder - I was happy the first time he "died"

The Kettleblack brothers

Nymeria and Shaggydog - savage beasts indeed

Summer, to make sure Bran stays dead

Rickon - unless he stops being useless

most of that Ghiscari scum

probably more I can't think of right now

Arya - can't stand her, can't stand hearing about all the whores in Braavos and what they're up to (good to know my ass, KM), and she gets her punishment for helping Rorge, Biter, and Bolton (she never got punished for anything, even her stupid wolf is free and wreaking havoc while Lady is rotting in her place)

Bran - so I don't have to hear him whining about being broken, so I don't have to read his Summer stories anymore, and so Hodor can finally have his peace (Bran is repaying all he did with taking over his body and making him cringe in a corner); also, Meera could do much better... maybe Jorah Mormont could meet her...

JonCon - I don't care for this guy, he randomly shows up and then gets POV status

some or all of the Sand Snakes - too many of them, especially the four little ones seem to serve no purpose whatsoever; I get that the Red Viper was sleeping around a lot, but it seems like overkill

Ramsay Snow (I'll never name him Bolton) - this guy has to suffer a lot before he dies

The Freys - yes, I'm one of the genocide supporters, wipe the Freys off Westeros

Ser Robert Strong - I hate this thing, The Mountain was bad enough as he was, considered invincible and all, but now somehow this thing is even taller and stronger - also, the name is enough to make you hate him, it just shows how stupid Qyburn actually is

The Kettleblack brothers

Question: Who do you NOT want to see dead?

Question: Who do you NOT want to see dead?

Sansa - I started out disliking her but she kinda grew on me

The Hound - I hope he's still alive and will play some role

Dany - I love her, the only part of her POVs that I didn't enjoy was the one where GRRM felt the need to describe her shitting

Theon Greyjoy - I loathed him for what he did at Winterfell, but then the Bastard of Bolton made me pity him - and I don't get where "turncloak" and "kinslayer" come from - he was ironborn and a hostage of The Ned; I would only want to see him dead if he can't make a full recovery and would remain a half-mad Reek/Theon hybrid

Asha Greyjoy - I like her

Victarion Greyjoy - I actually like him too

Aeron Greyjoy - great one

We can add Euron to the death list, though

Jon, I guess... but if he's not the son of R & L I'm gonna be disappointed

Ghost

Tyrion - love the little guy, hope he finds a loving wife (not Penny), because despite the whoring he can be more monogamous than most of the men in ASOIAF

Sweetrobin - I feel bad for him :(

Ser Grandfather

Jorah Mormont, obviously...

Grey Worm and assorted other Dany companions

Meera & Jojen Reed

Hodor

Jaime - he's alright

Cersei and some others I don't really care about at this point

and probably more that I can't think of right now :D

Dany - I love her, the only part of her POVs that I didn't enjoy was the one where GRRM felt the need to describe her shitting

Theon Greyjoy - I loathed him for what he did at Winterfell, but then the Bastard of Bolton made me pity him - and I don't get where "turncloak" and "kinslayer" come from - he was ironborn and a hostage of The Ned; I would only want to see him dead if he can't make a full recovery and would remain a half-mad Reek/Theon hybrid

Asha Greyjoy - I like her

Victarion Greyjoy - I actually like him too

Aeron Greyjoy - great one

We can add Euron to the death list, though

Jon, I guess... but if he's not the son of R & L I'm gonna be disappointed

Ghost

Tyrion - love the little guy, hope he finds a loving wife (not Penny), because despite the whoring he can be more monogamous than most of the men in ASOIAF

Sweetrobin - I feel bad for him :(

Ser Grandfather

Jorah Mormont, obviously...

Grey Worm and assorted other Dany companions

Meera & Jojen Reed

Hodor

Jaime - he's alright

Cersei and some others I don't really care about at this point

and probably more that I can't think of right now :D

Interesting... Neither of your lists includes three very important characters: Stannis, Varys, and Brienne

Brienne will have a change of heart and Attack Uncat while Jaime, Pod and Hyle escape.

If uncat dies maybe the Hoped for Red Weddings 2.0 will still happen if it is to be.

Cersei I would hope Lancel defeats Robert the Strong that would indeed be interesting and I don't mean by combat the lad has no chance, but what if Robert malfunctions during their duel?

JonCon greyscale not much to see

Selmy maybe

I could see Jon dying to "pate" aka Jagen because someone payed them to stop AA or maybe just to kill Jon ( BTW Jon is one of my favorites if not my favorite I see it as a real way for him to go.)

Two Dragons

Tyrells besides Loras

Roose will die to Stannis, I think Theon might Kill Ramsay

Mel will be discovered to be working with the Evil who ever that may be and die for it.( I beileve who ever she works for is not R'hllor seeing as her powers are not close to any other red priest we have seen, Hell I even think the others could be thought of as good guys.)

Tomen

Stannis I feel mel will turn on him.

Interesting... Neither of your lists includes three very important characters: Stannis, Varys, and Brienne

Stannis - could go either way on him... I would want him dead just to spite the host of people who see him as the "one true king", which I don't really follow... but then again I kind of like him :D

Varys - this guy shouldn't die until he reveals all of his plots and schemes

Brienne - talk about unrequited love... first Renly, now Jaime... I want her to stay alive and find a loving husband (not Tyrion)

also, I didn't mention Littlefinger - maybe he can fall for UnCat and then they can die together

there´s a long list of characters i want to see dead, but i will try a more analytic approach:

if there´s one constant in the books so far it´s the fact that power is passed from one hand to another. the more powerfull you are, the more likley you die (or at least loose your power): john arryn, king robert, ned, oberyn, tywin, renly, tyrion, jamie (in a way), ser gregor, loras, kevan, the halfhand, mance ... GRRM obviously likes fallen warriors. Who´s ruling instead? Who gained great power or at least is a promising candidate? Littlefinger (Sansa), queen of thornes, lord too fat to ride, ser grandfather, crow´s eye and the pirates, doran martell and his nieces ...

if martin sticks to this system stannis doesn´t stand a chance, neither does vctorian, loras and greatjon will never fight again (given they survive), randyll tarly rowen marsh and jon connington could die. those who seem unimportant now like bran and rickon, manderly, sam, ALLERAS and the others from oldtown, brienne ... will rule the game.

i hope westeros won´t be flooded by coldhands, uncats, ser strongs and other undead.

The Kettleblack brothers

...Bit of a psycho, aren't you? Probably more evil than a Bolton :P Never seen anyone want character deaths purely for existing.

Victarion will probably die, doesn't mean I have to like it, truly hope this guy at least sees his brother die first or something, one of the better characters in the book, morally unscrupulous as he is.

DANY PLEASE LET IT BE DANY. Easily one of the worst characters, to see her as queen is to bring death and destruction down on to the realm, only saving grace is dragons which *May* help in defeating the others. I assume she'll die then, defeating them. Also her dragons, unfortunately.

I want Ramsay dead, but not Roose he's just such a perfect villain and a bad ass, I love his character but not his son's. Also I personally don't like to see any families die out so I hope Roose get's a son off of fat walda before the end.

Barristan will probably snuff it, lots of foreshadowing from his POV's and he's getting on

Asha (Maybe, if some of the POV's getting killed off I can see Turncloak survive longer than her) I can see her unwittingly saving theons life in front of the Tree when Bran says something through the weirnet. Which he can do, BR is full of shit - Ned heard him in that flashback, to an extent.

Lancel, if he is the Sevens champion he WILL die. I always assumed the champion would be Sandor - for the irony.

Littlefinger, probably through some way he wouldn't have predicted I.E Sansa just taking a knife to him after some big shocker he does, like she finds out he tried to have Bran killed or something.

Maybe a couple of Oldtowner Lords or Tyrells, I can see the Ironborn getting into Oldtown. They nearly did once. That would be Mel's prophecy of towers drowning in a black tide.

Most of the Freys (Some are good, however)

there´s a long list of characters i want to see dead, but i will try a more analytic approach:

if there´s one constant in the books so far it´s the fact that power is passed from one hand to another. the more powerfull you are, the more likley you die (or at least loose your power): john arryn, king robert, ned, oberyn, tywin, renly, tyrion, jamie (in a way), ser gregor, loras, kevan, the halfhand, mance ... GRRM obviously likes fallen warriors. Who´s ruling instead? Who gained great power or at least is a promising candidate? Littlefinger (Sansa), queen of thornes, lord too fat to ride, ser grandfather, crow´s eye and the pirates, doran martell and his nieces ...

if martin sticks to this system stannis doesn´t stand a chance, neither does vctorian, loras and greatjon will never fight again (given they survive), randyll tarly rowen marsh and jon connington could die. those who seem unimportant now like bran and rickon, manderly, sam, ALLERAS and the others from oldtown, brienne ... will rule the game.

i hope westeros won´t be flooded by coldhands, uncats, ser strongs and other undead.

...Doesn't this sort of mean Stannis has the best chance though? He has almost no power, outnumbered and starving...As opposed to Dany who has people jumping out to help her at every angle, three dragons and waaaaayy more men. I some how see her having a fall instead of Stannis, who's currently on the up.

Tommen (or Myrcella) will die because of the prophesy

Jon Con because of his illness

In the battle of Meeren: Hizdar, Jorah Mormont, one Dragon,

In the battle of winterfel: Stannis, Ramsey,

In the north: the jojen reed

Others: brienne, Uncut, Doran Martel, Tyrel and the old frey.

Sansa is frivolous, selfish. Never worried with Arya or J. Her only thought was bright knight which would get married. In the Eire her preoccupation is the appropriate clothing to wear, she's foolish.Her Povs adds nothing.

There are some really good ideas in this thread. Here are a few of mine and the reasoning behind it:

Asha Greyjoy:

I think that Asha is a sure bet to meet her maker in the next novel. Her purpose, as a viewpoint, was to be a window into Stannis' march to Winterfell. So we see her defeat at Deepwood Motte where she breaks her ankle (and therefore can't run away) as well as the horrors of Stannis' camp. We needed to see the transformation first hand and hear of the discontent - particularly amongst the Southerners. I think Asha's chapter titles are an indication that she had a specific requirement as a viewpoint - one which she has now fulfilled.

Now that Theon Greyjoy has shown up at the camp, I believe that he will take over the eyes of the Battle of Ice; after all he has a much greater emotional stake in the outcome than Asha - Winterfell was his childhood home, the Ramsay and Roose relationship etc. Theon is also a much more significant character than Asha as we have followed his evolution since the second book.

It is interesting that Tristifer Botley and Qarl the Maid have shown up too, just prior to the battle. I think we will see this storyline tied up with the deaths of all three characters during the battle.

That's one I haven't heard before, yet it sounds plausible, with the exception of Tristifer. We have been led to think that Theon won't last long, and Asha will outlive him, and she thinks in AFfC: And now I must tell her that Theon is dead, and drive yet another dagger through her heart, but she is the other dagger going through her mother's heart. That sounds like something GRRM would do.

If she dies along with Victarion and Euron, combine that with Theon's castration, House Greyjoy would be officially extinct and the Ironborn would need to hold a kingsmoot for new overlords. My money is on The Reader.

I wonder how poor Tristifer would take it, not well I would think, but he would finally have to move on and find somebody else.

Being betrayed by Joffrey was a late wake up call for Sansa, still has a long way to go but Littlefinger is educating her into a cunning cutthroat more than capable to survive I have no doubts about that, If she will have any honor and morals left after is another question.

Edit: forgot my list.

In a nutshell: Every single people in Westeros who would have the power yet still let Cersei to rule even for an hour.

Archived