Euron Greyjoy

gande51

It's not for everybody but it's really good story about street-level criminals. It has somewhat weird pacing (comparing to mainstream Hollywood today) and it's not really action packed but it's good and a little bit disturbing as it should be.

I have had them on my list for a very long time, since Refn directed them and Mads Mikkelsen has a part in it ;) They are quite far down though, I keep falling behind on my moviewatching schedule.

I have had them on my list for a very long time, since Refn directed them and Mads Mikkelsen has a part in it ;) They are quite far down though, I keep falling behind on my moviewatching schedule.

I share your plight, but there is simply too few of the hours during the day, but winter is coming, so more indoor time, if it would only last for a couple of years I could clear the backlog

I share your plight, but there is simply too few of the hours during the day, but winter is coming, so more indoor time, if it would only last for a couple of years I could clear the backlog

I can really see the Starks enjoying a couple of good movies in their home theatre. The Others be damned.

I can really see the Starks enjoying a couple of good movies in their home theatre. The Others be damned.

They have heated walls, they have absolutely no need to go outside ever, Last Hero probably did the same, watched reruns of Friends and later made up his heroic struggle :D

They have heated walls, they have absolutely no need to go outside ever, Last Hero probably did the same, watched reruns of Friends and later made up his heroic struggle :D

Ugh, if the Last Hero is a friends fan, than I'm supporting the Others :p

I would say they like some shitty sitcom of their own but I couldn't think of any. Valyrians probably watch Spartacus or something

I loved Spartacus, so I'm definitely on the Valyrians side :p

^ Your conversation :rofl: :lol:

Dude, you're a combobreaker :p

Man, I'm on WotW, read "Casting call for flamboyant villain", think "EURON! :drool: "... And then it's just some slaver in Meereen =(

I had the same reaction :'( then again, I rather have him be cut than be turned into a stereotypical pirate.

I know this is going to sound crazy, and, of course, completely impossible regarding casting, but I've always pictured Euron as a bearded black haired Matthe McCounaghey.

He's been terrific this last years (His Rust Cohle in True Detective is among Gandolfini's Tony Soprano or Cranston's Walter White), and I think he could pull off the accent.

I don't know, he is too gaunt and really doesnt have the Euron's utterly psychopathic visage and charismatic appeal. Maybe he could pull it off, he is a great actor but I am absolutely positive he wouldn't do it.

Travis on the other hand with black hair and beard could make it work, he has the eye(s) for the part and Ragnar is pretty unbalanced himself and Travis' mannerism is well suited for the Euron, maybe broader moves and more still faced hlaf smiles and we are golden

And Clive is basically how I imagined Vic... And Gustaf would be at home as a half crazy priest type

I don't know, he is too gaunt and really doesnt have the Euron's utterly psychopathic visage and charismatic appeal. Maybe he could pull it off, he is a great actor but I am absolutely positive he wouldn't do it.

Travis on the other hand with black hair and beard could make it work, he has the eye(s) for the part and Ragnar is pretty unbalanced himself and Travis' mannerism is well suited for the Euron, maybe broader moves and more still faced hlaf smiles and we are golden

Actually, MM has proven already many times he has the mannerisms that Euron would need.

In True Detective, Mud, etc.

Actually, MM has proven already many times he has the mannerisms that Euron would need.

In True Detective, Mud, etc.

Yeah, he'd give it a decent enough attempt as any mentioned. He might look like he could be Theon's uncle and Balon's brother.

I've talked just now in the "Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5" thread about Show!Ramsay and then came Euron up for discussion, here -> http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/117067-season-5-casting-news-and-speculation-v-5/page-10#entry6235720 (my last post, and Janicia's before), what do you think about that?

Out of the Vikings casting, the one I'd picture best as Euron is still Ragnar. I agree that Travis Fimmel has it in him to put an impressive Euron. He's often underestimated compared to Clive's Rollo and George's Athelstan (both amazing actors !) but actually his Ragnar is amazingly played and he could do the part.

Fun fact : recently I've been deep down in the show Supernatural (dont stop to what you see at first view, it's actually really worth it) and I've imagined an older Jared Padalecki as Euron and he could be interesting.

Out of the Vikings casting, the one I'd picture best as Euron is still Ragnar. I agree that Travis Fimmel has it in him to put an impressive Euron. He's often underestimated compared to Clive's Rollo and George's Athelstan (both amazing actors !) but actually his Ragnar is amazingly played and he could do the part.

Fun fact : recently I've been deep down in the show Supernatural (dont stop to what you see at first view, it's actually really worth it) and I've imagined an older Jared Padalecki as Euron and he could be interesting.

Man I thought we agreed few pages back that Jensen would be better choice :)

About Travis is agreed, but add Clive as Vic and Gustaf as Aeron, and you are golden as far as Greyjoy brothers go.

But in the light of the latest seasons, I've realized that Jared has it in him to be more convincing as Euron. Taller, gaunter, somehow more sinister...

About Travis is agreed, but add Clive as Vic and Gustaf as Aeron, and you are golden as far as Greyjoy brothers go.

Damn, yeah, I could definitly picture that !

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Perfect! I love "Vikings" and its characters (especially Athelstan -his storyline is so amazing and fascinating and I adore his relationship with Ragnar; Floki; Lagertha and Rollo) and actors and that fits so damn well!

... So, no matter how many Greyjoys the show cuts, I can always look forward to Vikings' season 3 :)

ETA: I'd love to see Gustaf Skarsgård's Aeron so much. He could definitely pull Aeron's religious devotion and love to his god off, same as he does as Floki, just muuuch more serious and less floki-sh eccentric (Hey, he'd be amazing as young!Aeron and older Damphair). I recently saw him in "Patrik 1.5", in which he (his role Göran) is so down-to-earth, prudent and responsible, and he plays him as wonderfully as crazy Floki.

And the idea with Tavis & Clive as Euron & Vic is great, too!

Archived