Euron Greyjoy

gande51

True. This is Lena Heady's opportunity to really shine and take the lead for KL's scenes. Anton Lesser is perfect so far for Qyburn, if they keep his terrifying conversations with Cersei he will be a very rememberable character. We could even get a bigger glimpse into just what is going on and how he managed to take over Vary's position so quickly. While I don't like the show going ahead of the books I do love when we get some confirmation or inside info into a non POV character. I'm not sure we will be seeing a lot of Julian Glover this season.

They should really use Julian more. He's past his prime celebrity wise, but he is the biggest name attached to GoT after Sean Bean. I mean the man was a Bond villain, he was the main villain in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, played a general in Star Wars, voiced Aragog in Harry Potter and who knows what more.

It's a shame they don't give him more to do. And then when he had a really great scene (season 3 with Tywin fishing) they cut it out completely. They must utilise him this season, because he'll probably die in the 6th season. Especially since they have the scenes for him. Pycelle's eulogy for Tywin was one of the most moving parts of the book and I hope it's kept. With a lit of tweaking, they might even give Genna's dialogue to him.

They should really use Julian more. He's past his prime celebrity wise, but he is the biggest name attached to GoT after Sean Bean. I mean the man was a Bond villain, he was the main villain in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, played a general in Star Wars, voiced Aragog in Harry Potter and who knows what more.

I'm a masive fan of Julian Glover and the roles he has done but he's not and never has been a house hold name.

I'd reckon if you showed a 1000 people photos of those roles most would know the characters well but you'd be lucky to find 10 who could tell you his name.

He's like a William Fichtner, Michael Biehn, Peter Stormare, Lancel Hendrickson type. Everyone thinks they are amazing and could name loads other things they have been in but will struggle to put a name to the face.

I think Hiddleston would be miscast, but not necessarily due to youth, though he isn't a particularly haggard 33. Mid 30s and up is OK for me, but you do get some weathered looking blokes in their 30s. Michael Fassbender is one, not that I like him for Euron either. :D

I've always pictured Viggo Mortensen as Euron.

Viggo Mortensen, yes! He looks a little bit old, but still could work... as Ingelheim states, with the Aragorn's look.

Michael Fassbender is another interesting choice. He's handsome enough to play Euron, but I haven't seen Fassbender in a similar role.

Before of these two proposal, I had given my vote to Richard Armitage or Gerard Butler (not wholly convinced)... but Mortensen and Fassbender are much better choices.

I know its a bit random, but does anyone think Leonardo Dicaprio would make an excellent Euron? i just think he could nail the character if not the 'look'

I see where you're coming from, but nah. He was crazy and evil in Django Unchained, but Samuel L. Jackson was the guy really running things. Even while, evil Leo was too.....I dunno civilized for my liking. HIs Wolf of Wall Street performance was too funny for me. I wouldn't be able to take him seriously as the king of the Ironborn.

But somebody I can think of who might pull it off is Simon Merrells, who played Marcus Crassus in Spartacus. He has the sophistication mixed with the battle cunning, a commanding presence and can be terrifying when both silent and fuming at the mouth.

Here is another one, just crossed my mind Julian McMahon, he is great TV actor, did villains and psychos all the time and was good at it, he has constitution, and hair/beard for the role... Not that he would be perfect as say Purefoy, still mine number one pick, but he would certainly do a great job

Archived