Euron Greyjoy

gande51

• 4 weeks later...

How old are Euron and Victarion? I've noticed official sanctioned art make Balon and Victarion quite old but Euron very young looking.

Any way I keep suggesting Jack Huston and Dominic West who look like Euron in official art. They also already have worked with HBO and I just want to see them on the show.

Glad to see some Mads Mikkelson love. I remember before season 2, he was the top pick for Roose Bolton.

How old are Euron and Victarion? I've noticed official sanctioned art make Balon and Victarion quite old but Euron very young looking.

Any way I keep suggesting Jack Huston and Dominic West who look like Euron in official art. They also already have worked with HBO and I just want to see them on the show.

Glad to see some Mads Mikkelson love. I remember before season 2, he was the top pick for Roose Bolton.

Euron is older than Victarion and Aeron, but he is supposed to be the most handsome Greyjoy among his brothers, plus Victarion points out that Euron looks exactly like he did before his exile.

Casting starts next month, and filming most likely in Autumn. Will the run be finished by then?

Old Vic's The Crucible (with Richard Armitage starring as John Proctor) runs from Jun 24 until Sept 13. The actor just finished filming Urban and the Shed Crew, and has a tornado thriller, Into the Storm, opening on Aug 8, 2014.

• 2 months later...

I agree with all the Mads Mikkelson love here, he'd be a perfect Euron. Though honestly I think he's perfect in whatever he does. The man has incredible range.

I also think Armitage would be a good Greyjoy. I'd also love to see Christopher Eccleston.

In my mind, prominent cheekbones and noses are a Greyjoy must-have. And they're all clearly hot, although Vic (I think) says Euron is the "most comely" among them.

I didn't like most of the suggestions here for Euron... West, Purefoy, Stevenson - I've never heard of these guys before but it seems like there's a lot of weirdos here who have a serious hard on for them being cast as ANY possible character. Sometimes even (and especially) when they look nothing like the role.

I guess Stevenson could make a good Vic, and Armitage/Mikkelsen a good Euron. Personally I don't care whom they cast as long as the actor looks like the character should look. I don't think they should cast people who don't fit the looks, I'm not a fan of these changes but then again I don't really mind them so much either.

I didn't like most of the suggestions here for Euron... West, Purefoy, Stevenson - I've never heard of these guys before but it seems like there's a lot of weirdos here who have a serious hard on for them being cast as ANY possible character. Sometimes even (and especially) when they look nothing like the role.

I guess Stevenson could make a good Vic, and Armitage/Mikkelsen a good Euron. Personally I don't care whom they cast as long as the actor looks like the character should look. I don't think they should cast people who don't fit the looks, I'm not a fan of these changes but then again I don't really mind them so much either.

Seriously, you have never heard of Purefoy, West, Stevenson and Mikkelsen?

Seriously, you have never heard of Purefoy, West, Stevenson and Mikkelsen?

Not before I looked up pictures of them after hearing about them here. I'm pretty sure I saw Mikelsen before though, he looks very familiar to me.

Maybe I saw some of them before on screen but I just don't remember...

Not before I looked up pictures of them after hearing about them here. I'm pretty sure I saw Mikelsen before though, he looks very familiar to me.

Maybe I saw some of them before on screen but I just don't remember...

They have had some pretty highprofile roles. Mikkelsen was a Bond villain, plays the lead in Hannibal, Jagten and Valhalla Rising (to name a few). The rest are famous for parts in HBO's Rome, The Wire, the following, Solomon Kane, 300, Centurion, King Arthur, the book of eli, etc.

With the exception of Mikkelsen maybe, they float somewhere between character actors and leads. They are always great and most people know them, but they aren't the lead usually.

Archived