Awesome SFF Book Titles

Sci-2

Hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world I bought the book just (almost) because of the title, never regretted it either.

Small Gods It's problably the shintoist vibe.

Snow Crash It just sounds awesome, and it actually is.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Why did it ever get cut to "the guide to the galaxy" in my language? It just sounds like the campy fun it is with the original title. Yes, the title would make me want to read the stuff, if I didn't already. Same as the tough guide to fantasyland, really.

The Lies of Locke Lamora Not many books advertising lies in them.

Neuromancer, Count Zero and Burning Chrome - William Gibson

Dr Bloodmoney - a rare punchy title from Philip K Dick

A Feast for Crows - you know what you're getting.

I, Robot - Isaac Asimov, it's equally dramatic and cheesy

Starship Troopers - Robert Heinlein, although I don't like the book it sounds exciting

Our Lady of Darkness - Fritz Leiber, sounds evil

And this is probably bad form, but I'm quite proud of having come up with Wrath of the Lemming Men.

The Lies of Locke Lamora is fabulous.

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, yes, and the Hebrew translation is pure poetry. While we're at it, i'm fond of Have Spacesuit - Will Travel. A little silly, maybe, but it works for me.

I like a lot of Zelazny's titles - Nine Princes in Amber, Jack of Shadows, A Night in the Lonesome October.

Rivers of London is a good one. Why the hell they changed it for the US edition is just going to be one of those eternal mysteries, I guess.

A Madness of Angels too, thought the rest of the series isn't quite as inspired.

A Deepness in the Sky has a nice sort of, sense-of-wonder vertigo quality just in the title, somehow.

The Yiddish Policemen's Union. I've always been disappointed theres no actual union in the book.

William Gibson's All Tomorrow's Parties. Don't ask me what happens in the book, but the title sticks.

Use of Weapons is one of the few I can think of where the title really add a nuance to the reading of the book.

Intrusion by Ken McLeod is clever in the same way.

Rule 34 is just funny.

The Year of Our War is very evocative, for some reason,

so is Perdido Street Station

Does One Hundred Years of Solitude count?

I think Alfred Bester's The Stars My Destination might be my favourite SF book title.

Use of Weapons is one of the few I can think of where the title really add a nuance to the reading of the book.

Banks does have some good titles. I liked Against A Dark Background, it would have been an apt title for several of his books.

The Year of Our War is very evocative, for some reason.

I also liked the sequel's title No Present Like Time.

William Gibson's All Tomorrow's Parties. Don't ask me what happens in the book, but the title sticks.

I love that book. I also love that I bought it at The Spacecrime Continuum.

The Illegal Rebirth of Billy the Kid

Schismatrix

Blood Music

Dad's Nuke

not typically shelved SFF

Naked Lunch

Pussy King of the Pirates

Archived