aurane waters (TWoW spoiler)

wilson22287

I think Arianne is going to have something to do with Aurane. It feels like we've been set up for that. Her sexual prowess was enough to bring Ser Arys to his knees, no doubt she'd attempt the same on Aurane, who Cersei described as looking like Rhaegar. And she does have a weakness for men with that coloring, I think. She claimed her children with Darkstar would have been as beautiful as dragon lords.

Well, then the question becomes whether or not she learned anything from her experience with Darkstar. I think she has and is going to be very wary of falling into the same mistake twice. So weary, that she might go the other direction and make a different mistake.

• 3 months later...

I mentioned it elsewhere but was looking for clarification:

Let's say Aurane is a Blackfyre as many suspect...wouldn't that make him half-Targaryen and half-Velaryon?...because that was the parentage of Aegon I. He looks like Rhaegar so he could be more important than it seems.

What if he is the seahorse part of the Patchface prophecy and maybe PF was describing Aurane.

Also, if he's working with Varys and has a powerful sea-based force, maybe that's what Varys is trying to do...replicate history, bringing the new Aegon and Aurane together as a force.

I dunno haha

• 2 weeks later...

Stannis needs a fleet but I don't see him leaving the north he will stay to fight the others . I think if Aurane survives the second Dance he may be the one who takes Dany or Aegon to the wall to fight the walkers or he may just end up dead

Mystery stories must leave you guessing.

AW is of an age with Viserys.

AW looks like Viserys' brother, Rhaegar.

AW was known as a bastard, his paretage doesn't appear clearly.

AW was raised in an island close to Dragonstone.

Daenerys was born in DS, and Viserys was supposed to be there, being a seven yo.

Royals tend to change personalities when in danger. So did Myrcella, for one.

Put these all together and AW might be Viserys.

There'd be a lot of loos ends, I know, but it might work.

Viserys in disguise steals a fleet to the usurpers and uses it to invade Westeros with her sister's army.

I'm not saying it'll go like this, but the story is built so that you have to consider this possibility.

• 4 weeks later...

Mystery stories must leave you guessing.

AW is of an age with Viserys.

AW looks like Viserys' brother, Rhaegar.

AW was known as a bastard, his paretage doesn't appear clearly.

AW was raised in an island close to Dragonstone.

Daenerys was born in DS, and Viserys was supposed to be there, being a seven yo.

Royals tend to change personalities when in danger. So did Myrcella, for one.

Put these all together and AW might be Viserys.

There'd be a lot of loos ends, I know, but it might work.

Viserys in disguise steals a fleet to the usurpers and uses it to invade Westeros with her sister's army.

I'm not saying it'll go like this, but the story is built so that you have to consider this possibility.

Viserys is def dead with a golden crown on he head. You should not even consider it :) Waters i can see maybe having a small part transporting someone or maybe better yet slowing someone up on a "mission", but i highly doubt he'll be some targ or blackfyre he's just a bastard with a bunch of ships.

Just because Aurane isn't Viserys doesn't mean he can't or won't *claim* to be the real Viserys...

For the same reason that just because Young Prince Aegon is dead, doesn't mean that Young Griff can't claim to be Young Aegon (or, indeed, believe he is the real thing). :-)

Just because Aurane isn't Viserys doesn't mean he can't or won't *claim* to be the real Viserys...

For the same reason that just because Young Prince Aegon is dead, doesn't mean that Young Griff can't claim to be Young Aegon (or, indeed, believe he is the real thing). :-)

You're right anything is possible GRRM could write me in as a POV character in the next book too.

I kind of like to think that Aurane is in bed with the Tyrells (and maybe literally with the Knight of Flowers) and that Lady Olenna and Aurane are biding their time and waiting for Dany. This could just be wishful thinking, but Tyrells have always been Targ loyalists, and seem pretty wise to wait for a dragon to show up in Westeros considering how crazy it is. And if Martells side with Aegon this will form even more motivation for the Tyrells to go with Dany. It also seems like a Tyrell/Lannister feud is inevitable in tWoW, so I think Lady Olenna or Willas has been cooking up a Plan B for when the shit hits the fan.

As for why Aurane would be with the Tyrells, maybe he likes it the butt from Loras, or he secretly allied Lady Olenna while he was at Court and jumped the gun a little early seperating from the Lannisters.

Why not in bed with queen Margeary herself?

The little queen’s brown hair was tousled and uncombed, and the torchlight made her cheeks look flushed, as if she had just come from some man’s embrace.

A few lines later, in the same page:

My enemies are everywhere, and my friends are useless. She had only to glance at her councillors to know that; only Lord Qyburn and Aurane Waters seemed awake. The others had been roused from bed by Margaery’s messengers pounding on their doors, and stood there rumpled and confused. Outside, the night was black and still. The castle and the city slept.

Loras was also awake, though, and standing near his sister. I don't see how he will be near Margeary and allow her to sleep with a bastard. But I think a Tyrell conspiracy was in the making. I don't know is there were actually a thousand ships in the ironborn fleet that attacked the shield islands, but if there were not, Aurane supported Margaery's advice, by telling Harys Swyft that even if they counted double, there would be 500 ships.

• 1 month later...

Aurane also transported Loras to Dragonstone and brought news of his injury back.If Loras is alive then Aurane was a Tyrell ally.Maybe he was chosen just because he resembled Rhaegar (and Tyrells could know Cersei wanted to marry him) so he could gain her trust.Why he accepted?Maybe a promise of becoming Aurane Velaryon,lord of Driftmark.

• 3 weeks later...

House Velaryon of Driftmark is sworn to House Baratheon of Dragonstone. My guess is Aurane wants to be legitimized and will deal with Stannis. Stannis will be sent with his fleet to meet the Iron Fleet in battle in the middle of the narrow sea. The Iron fleet will be carrying Daenarys and her army as well as the Greyjoys.

Aurane Waters was sworn to House Baratheon of Dragonstone but he has gone over to the Lannisters after the Battle of the Blackwater, I doubt that Stannis will accept a traitor as an ally.

I think Aurane Waters will join Faegon. FAegon has a land army, Aurane waters has ships. Together they are able to take Kingslanding, Faegon can legitimate Aurane and make him Aurane Velaryon.

Aurane Waters was sworn to House Baratheon of Dragonstone but he has gone over to the Lannisters after the Battle of the Blackwater, I doubt that Stannis will accept a traitor as an ally.

Aurane did not go over to the Lannisters after Blackwater, he went straight into jail on charges of treason. He stayed there until after Tywin was murdered (which kind of suggests he didn't agree to any deal with Tywin while he was stewing in there) when Cersai was stupid enough to let him out and give him a load of ships without any sort of hold over him. I'll have re-read the Cersai chapters in AFFC to see whether she even got him to swear any oaths to her or Tommen!

Actually given the behaviour of the Verlaryon soldiers on Blackwater the Lannisters would been wise to have anybody captured wearing Verlaryon colours executed pretty much immediately, because of all Stannis' followers that day they arguably fought the fiercest and most loyally for his cause. Aurane's half-brother Lord Monford basically sacrifices himself and his ship to take out Tyrion's chain, but his death certainly does not blunt the Verlaryon assault on King's Landing. Far from it! Verlaryons are right at the forefront of the action, for it is Verlaryon soldiers Tyrion finds himself surrounded by with Ser Mandon Moore and Ser Balon Swann of the Kingsguard. And if they are fighting that hard still and specifically going for actual Lannisters and walking poster boards for Joffery's claim, they probably still have a leader. Who is more likely have been Auranne Waters (simply he's the only other named Verlaryon of fighting age than the late Monford) than a random unnamed character.

Not saying he's definitely going back to Stannis, but some folks here are being a little too eager to rule it out especially when Patchface is talking about 'riding Seahorses (the Verlaryon sigil) under the waves oh! Oh! Oh!'

Archived