The Rundown of the Dance of Dragons 2.0

Fire Eater

@Fire Eater Do you think this DoD will play out like the last one i.e with the death of both the participants??

Dany will outlive Aegon by a year at most, as Aegon II outlived Rhaenyra.

snip

Why wasn't i informed about III part coming out? Shame on you, Fire Eater:)

Ok, my friend, nice work. Really great foreshadowing and if this all turns to be truth, we will all bow to your excellency.

Things I absolutely love about this is the interpretation of three heads - it works perfectly for me. Also, I think that, beside Howland and Wylla, Dany will be able to conclude on her own about Jon. IDK, we talked about this, and somehow I see Sansa as intermediery between the two of them. Although, your theory is better in giving Sandor/Sansa relationship proper closure. I also think that there is something in Lyanna's tomb, and since that crown hasn't been seen for 300 years, and we know Lyanna was holding blue roses(possibly a crown also) in her dying hands. All in all, not cheesy, very thoughtful and quite interesting development. Well done indeed. Congratulations...

One last thing I would like to add which may be the most controversial is that Tyrion may be Dany's king, figuratively or literally. I think they will have a romantic relationship, and there is foreshadowing to Tyrion as king including the mentioned references to Hugor Hill, and the only way I see him becoming a king is marrying a queen, Dany. There are hints to their nuptials.

If Tyrion becomes a head of the dragon (i.e. a dragonrider) and/or if it turns out that he is Aerys' bastard, it's not impossible that Daenerys ends up marrying him. It would be the smartest thing to do to continue the Targaryen line and to keep the dragons in the family. With a dragon of his own Tyrion will become very powerful.

She did marry Hizdahr, marrying Tyrion would essentially be the same thing.

If Tyrion becomes a head of the dragon (i.e. a dragonrider) and/or if it turns out that he is Aerys' bastard, it's not impossible that Daenerys ends up marrying him. It would be the smartest thing to do to continue the Targaryen line and to keep the dragons in the family. With a dragon of his own Tyrion will become very powerful.

She did marry Hizdahr, marrying Tyrion would essentially be the same thing.

I don't think three heads of the dragons and dragonriders are the same. The three heads of the dragons means one person with three different sides/personalities to them, it's not three seperate people. The dragonriders are seperate to it.

Well, historically speaking the Targaryen banner's three dragon heads symbolized Aegon Targaryen, and his sisters Visenya and Rhaenys, and all of them rode dragons of their own.

And Dany already discussed this with Ser Jorah in the books. She has no living siblings/relatives (at least that's what she believes) and this is why Jorah suggests that her husbands could become the other dragon heads/riders.

It's nowhere indicated that the three dragon heads symbolize different character traits or something like that.

Well, historically speaking the Targaryen banner's three dragon heads symbolized Aegon Targaryen, and his sisters Visenya and Rhaenys, and all of them rode dragons of their own.

The Targ sigil is one dragon body with three heads. The three separate heads at the time represented them, and Rhaegar thought that it would take three people to be the three heads, but it's just one body, one person.

One last thing I would like to add which may be the most controversial is that Tyrion may be Dany's king, figuratively or literally. I think they will have a romantic relationship, and there is foreshadowing to Tyrion as king including the mentioned references to Hugor Hill, and the only way I see him becoming a king is marrying a queen, Dany. There are hints to their nuptials.

yeah no. I don't see Tyrion marrying Dany or broader become King. I think most of the "foreshadowing" to Tyrion as a King has more to do with his influence on Westeros and on the people who'll eventually rule it than anything else. Imo Tyrion will probably die saving the realm and thus embody a true King, the kind of King that puts his people first. That way he'll be an example for whoever ends up on the IT.

Crackpot:

They were exiles and sons of exiles, dispossessed and unforgiven . . . yet formidable fighters still

The men of GC had originally sworn oaths to the Targayen king, Daeron II, and betrayed him when Daemon rose in rebellion, this resulted in them being exiled by the Targaryens from Westeros. The standard of the GC is the gold-dipped skulls of previous captain-generals. This brings to mind the Dead Men of Dunharrow who swore an oath to Isildur, and when they betrayed Isildur, he cursed them to know no rest until their oaths were fulfilled.

Aragorn later arrives, and has the oaths of the Dead Men of Dunharrow fulfilled by having them defend Gondor, ending the curse so they could finally rest in peace. The GC may have sworn an oath to Aegon, but after he dies in the Dance of Dragons 2.0 they will be back where they started. After R+L=J is revealed, Jon, like Aragorn, may contact the GC and have them defend the realm at the Wall, fulfilling their oaths to the Targaryen king and ending their exile and having their lands and titles restored.

ETA: the next phase will be coming out later this week

Jon's Crowning Moment

Jon's Departure

Jon will come to WF to Dany and Tyrion after the shit hits the fan at the Wall or what remains of it after the Horn of Joramun was blown and the Wall fell. With knowledge of his heritage, he knows as the rightful Targaryen heir he can command Dany to bring her forces and dragons to the Wall.

Meeting between Jon and Dany

When Jon comes forward and reveals R+L=J, Dany will of course be skeptical especially since she had already dealt with a false pretender posing as Rhaegar's son. Howland Reed will provide testimony along with possibly Wylla, Jon's wet nurse and Lyanna's personal servant at the ToJ.

Crackpot:

Also the septon who married Rhaegar and Lyanna, Meribald.

Evidence in the Crypts

The ancient crown of the Kings of Winter had been lost three centuries ago, yielded up to Aegon the Conqueror when Torrhen Stark knelt in submission.What Aegon had done with it no man could say.

This is butterbumps! theory that in Lyanna's tomb is the old crown of the KitN that Aegon had taken from Torrhen Stark. Since the crown didn't have any precious metals or gems, it wasn't melted down and kept in a vault in the Red Keep. Cat thinks "no man could say", but a woman, Lyanna, could sinc eRhaegar gave it to her. Since Jon was Lyanna's only child, it would pass from her to him, signifying he is the rightful KitN.

By ancient custom an iron longsword had been laid across the lap of each who had been Lord of Winterfell

an open circlet of hammered bronze incised with the runes of the First Men, surmounted by nine black iron spikes wrought in the shape of longswords.

Also in the crypts, all the tombs of Stark men, even Brandon, hold iron swords with Lyanna's being the only exception, or is it? ;) The crown of the KitN is ringed in iron longswords, and so Lyanna's body may be holding her longswords over her lap.

The Final Test

King Arthur, Jon's influence, needed to perform a feat of magic, pulling the sword from the stone, to prove his heritage, and Jon will need to do something similar. Dany comes up with the perfect solution to the problem Jon presents. She states that if Jon is who he truly says he is than with the blood of the dragon, he will have little trouble mounting one of her dragons. She knows that if Jon backs down he will hurt his credibility, if he is fake he may back down and relinquish his claim to save his skin, or if he is fake and tries to mount one of her dragons he will end up like Quentyn, with his death eliminating any doubt others might have about his claim as well as Jon himself. Knowing what is happening at the Wall, Jon knows there is too much at stake for him to refuse, and accepts her challenge.

The dragon has three heads

Three-headed Trios has the tower with the three turrets. The first head devours the dying, and the reborn emerge from the third. I don't know what the middle head's supposed to do.

I think it is akin to Varamyr Sixskins. He has six skins, the skins of his five animals and his own. Jon having three heads could be the heads of Ghost and Drogon along with his own. The first head could be Drogon, who roasts and devours a dying Barsena. The third head could be Ghost since after spending some time in Ghost, Jon will be reborn. The middle head is Jon's own head, the head between the direwolf (representative of House Stark) and the dragon (representative of House Targaryen), the balance between ice and fire.

"Snow."

Sam glanced up at the sound. Lord Commander Mormont's raven was circling the fire, beating the air with wide black wings.

Drogon's wide black wings beat the air.

Mormont's raven goes to Jon after Mormont dies, foreshadowing for Jon riding Drogon. Jon manages to warg and mount Drogon, much to the astonishment of everyone including Dany and Tyrion. Dany will be pretty bummed to have come all that way just to have someone else sit the IT, but having no choice, or she would be as bad as the Usurper, Dany kneels to Jon and accepts him as king. The Northmen kneel to Jon as their king as well since he has Stark blood, and was raised in the North. Jon then commands both forces to head to the Wall.

The gaunt outlines of huge catapults and monstrous wooden cranes stood sentry up there, like the skeletons of giant birds

He might as well wish for another thousand men, and maybe a dragon or three.

Jon arrives with Dany's dragons and forces at the Wall to aid the fight against the Others.

Dany's Death

Ser Jorah told her of the tree it [peach] had been plucked from, in a garden near the western wall.

The wall in the West that comes to mind is the Wall, and with peaches being somewhat used as a symbol of death, this could foreshadow Dany dying at the Wall. Although, I don't think it will be the Others that kill her but childbirth.

Crackpot:

Dany will die giving birth to a daughter, fathered by Tyrion. Shiera Seastar is foreshadowing for their daughter.

Shiera's mother was the last of her line of an impoverished Valyrian noble house, and died giving birth to her. Her mother was also reputed to practice dark arts to preserve her beauty. Shiera's father knew many women and whores, having one mistress and her lover killed. Shiera had mismatched green and deep blue eyes.

Yunkai'i claimed that she bathed in the blood of virgins to keep her skin smooth and supple

Dany is (supposedly) the last of her line of a formerly impoverished Valyrian noble house. Tyrion knew many women, and he killed his mistress, Shae and the man who slept with her, Tywin. Their daughter would inherit Tyrion's mismatched eyes, with one eye being the Lannister green like Tyrion's and one eye being a deep blue from her Targaryen side.

What an excellent post - I really love this. Such a well-grounded theory, packed with evidence from the text to support the conclusions. The Dany/ Tyrion part is a tragic shocker (a sort of an indirect Nissa Nissa maybe?) but it would be awesome if the crown of the Kings of Winter turned out to be the proof needed to confirm Jon's parentage - a very well thought out post indeed. Thank you for sharing it :)

PS - Just two further observations:

- I see that you point to a possible parallel between Aemon the Dragon Knight, however the latter was described as one of the most honourable knights who had ever lived - hence, do you think it is likely that such a parallel can therefore be drawn with Aemon and Jaime?

- Furthermore, according to another poster on here, Dany will face off against Aegon before defeating him - potentially leaving the road clear to claim the IT. At the same time, Cersei will crown the last of her children - Myrcella - before fleeing King's Landing. Coupled with the foreshadowing of the nuptials between Tyrion and Dany, do you think we have the setting for the Valonquar prophecy?

Crackpot:

They were exiles and sons of exiles, dispossessed and unforgiven . . . yet formidable fighters still

The men of GC had originally sworn oaths to the Targayen king, Daeron II, and betrayed him when Daemon rose in rebellion, this resulted in them being exiled from Westeros. The standard of the GC is the gold-dipped skulls of previous captain-generals. This brings to mind the Dead men of Dunharrow who swore an oath to Isildur, and when they betrayed Isildur, he cursed them to know no rest until their oaths were fulfilled.

Aragorn later arrives, and has the oaths of the Dead Men of Dunharrow fulfilled so they can rest in peace. The GC may have sworn an oath to Aegon, but after he dies in the Dance of Dragons 2.0 they will be back where they started. After R+L=J is revealed, Jon, like Aragorn, may have the GC fight at the Wall, fulfilling their oaths to the Targaryen king and ending their exile.

ETA: the next phase will be coming out later this week

First, great parallel. I really like it. I have to say that I have been thinking about GC's loyalties lately, especially what would happen after Aegon falls. This is interesting parallel and nice theory...

The Final Battle

Cersei's Reaction to the News

Cersei will hear of the news of Tyrion and Dany's deaths, and rejoice thinking she beat Maggy's prophecy, and she won the game of thrones only to hear about Jon, and learn that he is heading towards KL with his forces and the dragons to reclaim the throne and bring an end to the conflict. Then her joy will turn to rage, like fire, and she may even take it out on Sansa being actually mad at her late aunt, Lyanna, who was supposed to marry Robert but ran off with Rhaegar, whom Cersei believed she was destined for and blame Lyanna for ruining her life. It is ironic that Cersei wanted the attention of both Rhaegar and Robert, and yet both wanted Lyanna.

Final Showdown: Starks/Targaryens vs Lannisters

and watched his direwolf devour the chicken.

Dogs moved between the tables, trailing after serving girls. One of them, a black mongrel bitch with yellow eyes, caught a scent of the chicken. She stopped and edged under the bench to get a share. Jon watched the confrontation. The bitch growled low in her throat and moved closer. Ghost looked up, silent, and fixed the dog with those hot red eyes. The bitch snapped an angry challenge. She was three times the size of the direwolf pup. Ghost did not move. He stood over his prize and opened his mouth, baring his fangs. The bitch tensed, barked again, then thought better of this fight. She turned and slunk away, with one last defiant snap to save her pride.

"Queen Cersei and Queen Margaery are fighting over the little king like two bitches with a chicken bone"

"but what could the bitch queen hope to accomplish"

"the bitch queen in King's Landing lets Lord Paxter off his leash"

"you vile, scheming, evil bitch"

"The bitch will have the Kingslayer at her side"

His own sweet sister had told him the last, even offering to find him a bitch in heat if he cared to try it out. When he asked politely if she were referring to herself

Cersei is a Baratheon by marriage so her colors are by tradition the Baratheon house colors: black and gold (yellow). The standoff between Ghost and the bitch is foreshadowing for the showdown between Jon and Cersei. She is called a bitch several times throughout AFfC and ADwD.

Time enough to cross the sea, to see Griffin's Roost again. To end the Usurper's line for good and all, and put Rhaegar's son upon the Iron Throne. Then Jon Connington could die content.

I think the Usurper in this moment is Cersei who usurped the throne from Robert and the Baratheons. Given Maggy's prophecy, Cersei's line will end with the deaths of her children. After that, Rhaegar's son, Jon, will be put upon the IT. Jon Connington before he dies from greyscale, like the King of the Dead in LOTR, will finally be able to find peace given to him by the true king.

Torgon the Latecomer

"But the king was old and Torgon restless, so it happened when his father died he was raiding along the Mander from his stronghold on Greyshield.

When the king, Robert, died, Jon was with the NW at the Wall which includes the fort of Oakenshield, named for the island in the Shield Islands.

His brothers sent no word to him but quickly called a kingsmoot, thinking that one of them would be chosen to wear the driftwood crow. But the captains and the kings chose Urragon Goodbrother to rule instead.

After Robert died, his brothers, Stannis and Renly, helped to start the War of the Five Kings for the Crown thinking one of them would be king. Cersei rules the Crown instead of them as Queen.

The first thing the new king did was command that all the sons of the old king be put to death, and so they were. After, that men called him Badbrother, though in truth they'd been no kin of his. He ruled for almost two years."

One of Cersei's first commands as Queen Regent was to have all of Robert's children put to death. Cersei's rule as Queen Regent will be about two years by the end.

Asha remembered now. "Torgon came home . . ."
" . . . and said the kingsmoot was unlawful since he had not been there to make his claim.

Jon is at the Wall, and despite being the true heir to the Iron Throne, he didn't press his claim during the war because he was at the Wall fighting the Others, and he is ignorant of his heritage.

Badbrother proved to be as mean as he was cruel and had few friends left upon the isles. The priests denounced him, the lords rose against him, and his own captains hacked him into pieces. Torgon the Latecomer became king and ruled for forty years."

Cersei proves to be a mean and cruel ruler in AFfC, and she is isolating and making enemies out of friends and allies, and it is no surprise she currently has few friends left. The HS has imprisoned her and will have her tried, and he will if he already hasn't, denounce her. The lords are rising against her as of towards the end of ADwD with the Northern lords, lords of the Reach, Stormlands and Dorne with other Targ loyalists I haven't mentioned. Cersei will be killed by her own captain of the KG, Jaime, more on that later. Jon will enjoy a long reign.

Sansa's Rescue: Inversion of the Defiance of Duskendale

Cersei will manage to have one thing to prevent Jon from taking the city: Sansa as a hostage. It will be an inversion of the Defiance of Duskendale where Tywin besieged the town with Aerys being imprisoned, only it will be the king being the besieger with the Aerys parallel, Cersei, being the rebel lord holding a valuable hostage.

“No doubt you’re right. So why don’t you just eat your broth like a good girl and wait for Symeon Star-Eyes and Prince Aemon the Dragonknight to come rescue you, sweetling. I’m sure it won’t be very long now.”

Jaime is the parallel for Aemon the Dragonknight as a member of the KG who had affair with queen who was also his sister, and rumored to be the real father of her children. Brienne has blue eyes, and is from the Sapphire Isle, a reference to Symeon Star-Eyes who had sapphires for eyes

He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

Barristan, a member of the KG, managed to rescue Aerys from Duskendale, and avenge his sworn brother who was killed. Arya will remember the passage through the sewers to the RK, and lead Sandor Clegane, a former member of the KG, through to Sansa. They will come upon Ser Robert Strong/Ungregor with Sandor, Arya and possibly, Jaime, and Brienne working to kill Ser Robert Strong. Sandor delivers the finishing blow by putting a burning brazier into Ungregor's helm, repaying his brother as well as sworn brother of the KG, for what he did to Sandor as child.

In the apple tree beside the water, a nightingale began to sing. It was a sweet sound, a welcome respite from the harsh screams and endless quorking of the ravens he had tended all day long.

Sansa is a kind of apple, and the apple tree in Norse mythology is a symbol of rebirth and beauty, the apple is also known as the "forbidden fruit" or a forbidden romance. The nightingale is a symbol of love, and the song of a nightingale is depicted as a sorrowful lament. Ravens are associated with, as well as BR and the Old Gods, death. The nightingale may be Sansa, referred to as a "singing, little bird" by Sandor.

Sandor will have taken a mortal wound from Ungregor with Sansa giving Sandor a song and a kiss as he lays dying; think of the scene in Disney's Beauty and the Beast when Belle comes to see the Beast as he lies mortally wounded only without the magical healing/transformation ending (Sorry SanSan fans, this even makes me threaten to shed a tear). Sandor will, in a way, be for Sansa what Ygritte was for Jon, marking the point where Sansa becomes a woman.

More later, about Cersei and Jaime

I have enjoyed this thread of your predictions very much.

You did a very good job.

Although i did not master the ASoIaF books as much as you did i will take a stab at disagreeing with some things.

Your Aegon campaign up to Oldtown, Battle of Ice and Winterfell and part of Dany's early trip were the best and it is what i believe will happen.

But later on i think it is a bit too much "forshadowing" and Everything 2.0 for my liking, though the way you did it it is exciting to read.

I was thinking about my own predictions, maybe i will post them soon.

EDIT:

Also, GRRM once said that the IT will exchange a number of behinds before the story ends so Cersei holding on so long does not fit.

Unless, he lied. I would like more lies and false forshadowing and theories falling, more fun that way when the books come.

Crackpot:

The men of GC had originally sworn oaths to the Targayen king, Daeron II, and betrayed him when Daemon rose in rebellion, this resulted in them being exiled by the Targaryens from Westeros. The standard of the GC is the gold-dipped skulls of previous captain-generals. This brings to mind the Dead Men of Dunharrow who swore an oath to Isildur, and when they betrayed Isildur, he cursed them to know no rest until their oaths were fulfilled.

I have always wondered myself about the possible parralells between the Men of GC and the Men of Dunharrow from LOTR. Great work!

The Final Battle

Cersei's Reaction to the News

Cersei will hear of the news of Tyrion and Dany's deaths, and rejoice thinking she beat Maggy's prophecy, and she won the game of thrones only to hear about Jon, and learn that he is heading towards KL with his forces and the dragons to reclaim the throne and bring an end to the conflict. Then her joy will turn to rage, like fire, and she may even take it out on Sansa being actually mad at her late aunt, Lyanna, who was supposed to marry Robert and blame Lyanna for ruining her life. It is ironic that Cersei wanted the attention of both Rhaegar and Robert, and yet both wanted Lyanna.

Final Showdown: Starks/Targaryens vs Lannisters

and watched his direwolf devour the chicken.

Dogs moved between the tables, trailing after serving girls. One of them, a black mongrel bitch with yellow eyes, caught a scent of the chicken. She stopped and edged under the bench to get a share. Jon watched the confrontation. The bitch growled low in her throat and moved closer. Ghost looked up, silent, and fixed the dog with those hot red eyes. The bitch snapped an angry challenge. She was three times the size of the direwolf pup. Ghost did not move. He stood over his prize and opened his mouth, baring his fangs. The bitch tensed, barked again, then thought better of this fight. She turned and slunk away, with one last defiant snap to save her pride.

"Queen Cersei and Queen Margaery are fighting over the little king like two bitches with a chicken bone"

"but what could the bitch queen hope to accomplish"

"the bitch queen in King's Landing lets Lord Paxter off his leash"

"you vile, scheming, evil bitch"

"The bitch will have the Kingslayer at her side"

His own sweet sister had told him the last, even offering to find him a bitch in heat if he cared to try it out. When he asked politely if she were referring to herself

Cersei is a Baratheon by marriage so her colors are by tradition the Baratheon house colors: black and gold (yellow). The standoff between Ghost and the bitch is foreshadowing for the showdown between Jon and Cersei. She is called a bitch several times throughout AFfC and ADwD.

Time enough to cross the sea, to see Griffin's Roost again. To end the Usurper's line for good and all, and put Rhaegar's son upon the Iron Throne. Then Jon Connington could die content.

I think the Usurper in this moment is Cersei who usurped the throne from Robert and the Baratheons. Given Maggy's prophecy, Cersei's line will end with the deaths of her children. After that, Rhaegar's son, Jon, will be put upon the IT. Jon Connington before he dies from greyscale, like the King of the Dead in LOTR, will finally be able to find peace given to him by the true king.

Torgon the Latecomer

"But the king was old and Torgon restless, so it happened when his father died he was raiding along the Mander from his stronghold on Greyshield.

When the king, Robert, died, Jon was with the NW at the Wall which includes the fort of Oakenshield, named for the island in the Shield Islands.

His brothers sent no word to him but quickly called a kingsmoot, thinking that one of them would be chosen to wear the driftwood crow. But the captains and the kings chose Urragon Goodbrother to rule instead.

After Robert died, his brothers, Stannis and Renly, helped to start the War of the Five Kings for the Crown thinking one of them would be king. Cersei rules the Crown instead of them as Queen.

The first thing the new king did was command that all the sons of the old king be put to death, and so they were. After, that men called him Badbrother, though in truth they'd been no kin of his. He ruled for almost two years."

One of Cersei's first commands as Queen Regent was to have all of Robert's children put to death. Cersei's rule as Queen Regent will be about two years by the end.

Asha remembered now. "Torgon came home . . ."

" . . . and said the kingsmoot was unlawful since he had not been there to make his claim.

Jon is at the Wall, and despite being the true heir to the Iron Throne, he didn't press his claim during the war because he was at the Wall fighting the Others, and he is ignorant of his heritage.

Badbrother proved to be as mean as he was cruel and had few friends left upon the isles. The priests denounced him, the lords rose against him, and his own captains hacked him into pieces. Torgon the Latecomer became king and ruled for forty years."

Cersei proves to be a mean and cruel ruler in AFfC, and she is isolating and making enemies out of friends and allies, and it is no surprise she currently has few friends left. The HS has imprisoned her and will have her tried, and he will if he already hasn't, denounce her. The lords are rising against her as of towards the end of ADwD with the Northern lords, lords of the Reach, Stormlands and Dorne with other Targ loyalists I haven't mentioned. Cersei will be killed by her own captain of the KG, Jaime, more on that later. Jon will enjoy a long reign.

I think I saw someone else's post and was under the impression that Cersei would not be in King's Landing by the time of the Battle with the Others - but you are saying that Cersei will still be occupying the IT by the end? Right, I'm with you now. The only problem I have with that is that - as another poster has also said - GRRM has said that the IT will change many hands before the end. Do you think it is feasible therefore that there is a possibility, that there will be a number of claimants who might manage to successfully challenge Cersei's rule for a brief time before she manages to reclaim it, for example?

I would love for Cersei to survive to the end though - if only, just to see her reaction to the news that Jon is the true heir to the IT :)

This bit of foreshadowing is curtsy of Tze, from the The Princess and The Queen topic.

Rhaenyra's army were called the blacks and Aegon's army were called the greens. So this could be foreshadowing of Dany getting Drogon and (F)Aegon getting Rhaegal.

This bit of foreshadowing is curtsy of Tze, from the The Princess and The Queen topic.

Rhaenyra's army were called the blacks and Aegon's army were called the greens. So this could be foreshadowing of Dany getting Drogon and (F)Aegon getting Rhaegal.

What I don't get is why people Always assume that if Faegon gets his hands on a dragon it will be Rhaegal. I mean if Jon gets to ride a dragon (more likely after the Tor review) than wouldn't it make sense that he rides Rhaegal? You know because the beast is named after his father. If Faegon gets a dragon then it should be the one that is named after the snake that Viserys was.

Archived