The Rundown of the Dance of Dragons 2.0

Fire Eater

The Targ sigil is one dragon body with three heads. The three separate heads at the time represented them, and Rhaegar thought that it would take three people to be the three heads, but it's just one body, one person.

how can you be so sure?? i think as of now is all about interpretation until GRRM tell us! so it is anyones guess...it could go either way :dunno:

how can you be so sure?? i think as of now is all about interpretation until GRRM tell us! so it is anyones guess...it could go either way :dunno:

The Targ sigil is one dragon with three heads to it. Targs are always called and represented with dragons. So the dragon has three heads prophecy is about a Targ (dragon) with three hypostatises (heads).

Just to add on what King of the Starks has stated. We've already seen two instances in the D&E novella where the dragon in the prophecy/vision actually turned out to be a Targaryen (Baelor Breakspear and Egg). Therefore its plausible that the 3 heads of the dragon prophecy refers to a Targaryen with three identities/crowns.

ETA. Also note that the prophecy says the dragon has three heads; meaning one dragon/Targaryen with three heads/identities/crowns.

Well, look at it... You don't need to be any expert in ASOIAF, to see that Targaryen sigil is three-headed dragon. Not dragons, but dragon.

well i thought the Targ sigil represents a dragon with 3 heads Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys....so 3 people who are all dragons.....lol

The sigil represents Aegon and his sisters, but that still doesn't mean that it shows three dragons. It is one three-headed dragon.

Yea I used to think it was three people but I am starting to go into the 3 headed dragon theory, I am working on an essay on why I think its Dany which I'll be uploading soon :)

You'll have to compete with Jon's Queen Consort then :D

The Targ sigil is one dragon with three heads to it. Targs are always called and represented with dragons. So the dragon has three heads prophecy is about a Targ (dragon) with three hypostatises (heads).

Or it could more satsifyingly symbolise three different people (heads) completely united with one cause (body).

That's what has been foreshadowed throughout the series. That's what would be most satisfying in a series with so many main characters. And it's also the most likely outcome.

The way GRRM speaks about the prophecy makes me think it means three different people. "Three heads of the dragon... but the third will not necessarily BE a Targaryen."

And I really hate the idea that it revolves solely around Jon Snow, when so far "the dragon has three heads" has specifically been part of Dany's story. It would be like Tyrion becoming the last greenseer.

Or it could more satsifyingly symbolise three different people (heads) completely united with one cause (body).

That's what has been foreshadowed throughout the series. That's what would be most satisfying in a series with so many main characters. And it's also the most likely outcome.

The way GRRM speaks about the prophecy makes me think it means three different people. "Three heads of the dragon... but the third will not necessarily BE a Targaryen."

And I really hate the idea that it revolves solely around Jon Snow, when so far "the dragon has three heads" has specifically been part of Dany's story. It would be like Tyrion becoming the last greenseer.

I came up with the idea of what GRRM as it being Jon Targaryen, Jon Snow, Jon Stark.

The sigil represents Aegon and his sisters, but that still doesn't mean that it shows three dragons. It is one three-headed dragon.

how do you KNOW?? lol we are both interpreting a symbol! that is my quibble...i know is a 3 headed dragon...i see it as a representation of 3 people and not one person with 3 facets although i admit that it can go either away....while you just seem to be so certain...lol

:agree:

how do you KNOW?? lol we are both interpreting a symbol! that is my quibble...i know is a 3 headed dragon...i see it as a representation of 3 people and not one person with 3 facets although i admit that it can go either away....while you just seem to be so certain...lol

When you look at the sigil it is one dragon with three heads. We are told that sigil of House Targaryen, with heads representing Aegon the conqueror and his sisters. But, for ASOIAF, and prophecies about PTWP, we interpret that Rhaegar was wrong in his interpretations. So, we believe that prophecy is reffering to one person, three-headed dragon/

Not that I'm disagreeing (I'm no Targaryen expert), but what about the three riders for three dragons? Of course, they can be riders at cross-purposes, but they can also be three riders unified against a common enemy, like the WW. And think of all the hero stories we're following. While many here speculate the 3-in-1 is Jon, others think it's Dany and still others conjecture it's Sansa or Tyrion or Bran or Arya etc. I prefer to think it's three different people, sigil notwithstanding. Unless GRRM is aiming to create a analog of the holy trinity, IMO it would almost be a waste of the richness and complexity and nuance of his saga for him to let all that specialness reside in one character.

Not that I'm disagreeing (I'm no Targaryen expert), but what about the three riders for three dragons? Of course, they can be riders at cross-purposes, but they can also be three riders unified against a common enemy, like the WW. And think of all the hero stories we're following. While many here speculate the 3-in-1 is Jon, others think it's Dany and still others conjecture it's Sansa or Tyrion or Bran or Arya etc. I prefer to think it's three different people, sigil notwithstanding. Unless GRRM is aiming to create a analog of the holy trinity, IMO it would almost be a waste of the richness and complexity and nuance of his saga for him to let all that specialness reside in one character.

It refers to one person as the PtwP and AA are the same thing, and the prophecy describes a dragon. Dany and her three dragons are a red herring. The prophecy refers to a "dragon" not dragons.

Besides, what are the factors for determining "specialness?"

The dragon with three heads hasn't been specifically part of Dany's story as it only comes up once in her entire POV arc. You have no counter-arguments for the fact that the prophecy refers to singular "dragon" not "dragon." Dany is too obvious a candidate to be AA given that Aemon and Benerro believe her to be AA, and GRRM works through subtlety.

There are subtle references to Jon as AA, and GRRM builds impressions and ideas only to overturn them. Dany is the candidate one would most likely think is AA so the chances are good she isn't. Aemon states the PtwP is the same as AA, and Rhaegar said that the PtwP's son is "the song of ice and fire", and that description fits Jon best given his parentage. Dany has no aspect of ice in her story.

I think you're just offended by the idea that your favorite character won't get the ending you want for her, no offense.

Archived