That POV character you could care less about

jeffklm

One name

Areo hotah.

Dont get me wrong, I love Dorne, but I could live if GRRm chop Areo´s head off. He is just a watcher ith no personality.

A simple stroyline for a imple charather

I feel like your not giving him enough credit, I think he was raised to be kind off a mindless drone but he kinda has a cool relationship with Arianne , I mean like I think he feels very conflicted over what he did to Arys.

• 3 weeks later...

Damphair.

I like Brienne and I can somehow relate to her, but I do not get why does she get so much shit from all the people she meets on her way. I mean, even the people who see her for the first time even in bad light, can recognise easily she's a woman and not a big young man with clean shaven face, or some eunuch- even before she says something, and though her face is described quite manly. (Is her voice described somewhere? )

BRAN... omg he is boring as hell and Brienne wahhh make it stop was all i thought reading their chapters

I find Bran's chapters fascinating, because they give us more info on the past. :dunno:

I would say Cersei in FFC in certain chapters. That book took me almost a month to read

I find Bran's chapters fascinating, because they give us more info on the past. :dunno:

I would say Cersei in FFC in certain chapters. That book took me a almost month to read

That was me with ADWD... I started reading it. then it took me 2 weeks to pick it up again and another 2 weeks to finish it <_<

Not a fan of the Greyjoys but I understand their necessity.

My overall least favorite though would probably have to be the Cersei ones in AFFC.

Cersei in AFfC are some of the best in the series. She finally has all the power in KL and her paranoia destroys it. Wake up.

Most of the Wall and Wildling stuff I find extremely boring. Also Bran's chapters are mostly boring (although I can't help but like the kid himself). Tyrion's book 5 interactions with Penny and Dany mooning about Daario are both cringe-worthy.

Sansa is the POV character I probably dislike the most (not counting the ones you're supposed to hate) but her settings and interactions are usually interesting.

I really can't stand Jon Snow or his "father" Ned as POV characters. Both are so insufferably boring human beings that I find myself yawning at their POVs, which is a real shame considering that they usually have some of the best chapters in term's of content and action. It's their internal monologues that drive me insane.

I absolutely loathe Dany post ASOS. I'm sorry, but her whole story-line was just blegh. I found it frustrating and I just want to hear another Yazzak mok whathavezz name. It was driving me insane. However, I can't deny the plot isn't interesting. I think Dany just pisses me off because I used to like her until I saw the TV Dany. She sort of ruined book Dany for me.

I hate the Damphair. I also hate Victarion. The Iron Islands should have been a Theon and Asha only affair.

Brienne in a AFFC was hit or miss. She was honestly quite boring at times and at times she was very interesting. 50/50.

Quentyn is abominably boring as a POV character. So dull.

Areo Hotah is fun if a bit repetitive.

I think that's it. Every other POV character is very compelling to me in some way or the other. Tyrion can be a little annoying in ADWD but he overall comes off as a pretty interesting and fascinating character. Bran can be dull but I like him so I overcome that.

Everyone else is compelling in some way or the other.

Bran. I know his storyline is important, but it really doesn't interest me. I'm interested more in the non-magical aspects of ASOIAF.

Samwell. Almost missed the Battle On The Fist Of The First Men because of his boring POV.

Jon Snow's first few chapters in aSoS.

Arya in aFfC. That Cat Of The Canals chapter was such a fucking grindfest. Feast in general would've been a grindfest if it wasn't for Cersei, Jaime and the Greyjoys.

Areo Hotah

Brienne's first few chapters in aFfC.

Quentyn in aDwD. Pointlessly shoehorned in when there was no need for his POV.

GRRM really needs to have these and other characters do something of importance in WOW.

Archived