Fantasy Football - Westeros Survivor League

Jaxom 1974

Now I think I am safe.

Definitely. Very hard for a kicker's score to go down with our scoring rules.

ETA: Looks like Valyrian Sphinxes are done. Some bad choices with RB this week and the rest of the roster didn't do enough to cover.

Definitely. Very hard for a kicker's score to go down with our scoring rules.

I was sweating it for a bit. My depth has some issues, but it is hard to do well if my starters put up some stinkers. Haven't checked but my kicker must be my high scorer this week and he just keeps scoring.

Looks like I screwed up and forgot to set the lineup for our zombie team.

And had a poor week so far myself.

So here is how I will deal with it. I will not change the lineup retroactively for the team from Qarth unless their score saves me from being eliminated. But if they are the only team I beat, I will swap around their existing bench players based on Yahoo projections prior to the day.

The blind trust controlling the Qarth team must apologize for his screwup. ("I am so sorry"). By leaving FOUR slots blank (two guys on bye, two guys having been declared out well before gametime), our earnest commish left them high and dry. With the nearly 33 points that were left on Qarth's bench, they'd have finished among the top 3 in the league had I just remembered to shuffle their roster. Instead, they ended up four points behind low-scoring Stannis' Troops.

As such, rather than use the commish tool to repair the damage, Qarth is eliminated.

I would not have let my mistake save my own team, but don't much regret losing the extra task of setting their lineup. A mighty lineup it was.

Goodbye to Dalton, Antonio Smith, Mark Ingram, Jimmy Graham, Reggie Bush, Mohammed Sanu, Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandin Cooks, two defenses and two kickers. Qarth autodrafted well, but not well enough to overcome having a brain dead trustee. Farewell to the greatest team that is or was.

And so it is. Jaxom's Luck has run out. Having a QB-WR combo is probably too boom/bust for this format and TY Hilton is now gone as well.

Being Jaxom, it also means we say farewell to Dallas Clark, Sidney Rice and Knowshon Moreno. And of course though it goes without saying, the Bears defense (and the Rams) - pickings getting slimmer. Probably two or three more weeks and this team would have become one to fear, with Antone Smith on the verge of finally getting his due (IMHO). But the depth AutoJax came up with was just not sufficient to survive.

Farethewell, Quiet Isle. The Stranger has greeted your Septons. Valyria was saved last night by the Bell - a doom forestalled.

On to Week 8. Those that survive are top ten finishers. Who wants more than that?

Odd week with 8 of ten teams still having someone playing on Monday night and generally high scores. Not gonna do the whole progression.

Only Sivin and BL are safe theoretically, but Tony Romo will have to have a Roethelisberger-esque game to mean anyone but Stannis/LH is out.

Since I need Romo to go Big Ben to give me a chance in Experts, I will be rooting for a miracle, but a miracle run through screen passes to DeMarco.

Jacelyn is second lowest on the list, but she presumably gets an extra point every time Romo scores so that is an even larger gap. Groz is third lowest, but playing a defense playing at home AND facing Colt McCoy does not seem a recipe for negative points.

Stannis/LH - 56.30 + Romo

Jacelyn - 83.84 + Dan Bailey

Groz - 83.94 + Dallas D

Clegane/Bronn/Harlots - 93-94 + a player each

Sunspear 103.96 + Dez

Race - 104.98

Well...damn, that was a horrible week for me.

Twas.

So we say farewell to Romo, Julio, Quick, Owen Daniels, Bernard (pretty much the M*A*S*H list for Week 8). Also gone are Fitz and Rashad Jennings. Two more defenses gone.

Next up, survive one more week to finish in the top half of the league!

This week it appears Sivn's Losers will be aptly named. Jacelyn will most likely survive benching Peyton for Rivers and his negative points.

While I respect keeping the roster one drafted, with many stars on bye week, it might have been time for Sivin to do a bit of waiver wire sweeping. Using a roster spot on a backup kicker is bad enough, but Jay Feely is unemployed and has been all season. Surely somewhere on waivers could have been found a replacement flex option superior to Ladarius Green, a WR superior to Brandon Gibson or a RB ahead of James White (inactive for NE today). But Sivin has fallen on the grenade that will most likely preserve his beloved Peyton.

The three teams on the bubble are

Sivin - 44.66 + Vinatieri

Bronn - 59.08 + R. Randle, C. Fleener

Jacelyn 61.52

I'd say 95% Sivin, 4.99% Jacelyn, .01% me

I only need 17 points from a 41 year old kicker? No fucking problem! :P

I tried to make some moves on Friday and Saturday, but I just didn't see many options. It's probably easiest that I get eliminated this week, Nick Foles was my only option at QB. I'm not too good at Fantasy Football, I came to terms with that several years ago on this very board. It's just very humbling to have made it this far, and we had some good team wins.

An Old Vine comes through for siVIN. Adam (not the original, but close) found some kicks en route to sixty-threepoint 66 and Sivin advances. Our Little Pony Queen is out to pasture and takes with her Peyton, Julius, Rivers, Maclin, Steve Smith and the Broncos Defense. Kyle Orton and Mike Vick also gone for this QB heavy RB light team.

The lucky seven (and Sivin for 8) remain. Next up, Bronn tries to deal with Coby Fleener's bye week and Jordan Cameron's bye bye week.

Archived