The Fate of Shae?

MrC

They are going to continue doing what their doing. Making her angry at Tyrion and she will turn on him like in the book. It will be Her life and gold vs death.

She will choice life and gold and then go where whores go aka she Dies.

:agree:

She betrays him because of her growing anger towards him (his marriage with Sansa was a big turn-off for her in the TV show) and he kills her just like in the books. Remember the saying: "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

I'll never know why Tyrion gets the free pass for killing Shae. If every liar in Westeros deserved to die, the Others would have to hurry, otherwise they'll find themselves out of employment.

Justifications like, "But she mocked him and she totally deserved to die!" - I've seen those - are simply beyond me.

Not everyone gives him a free pass for killing her, even though she was a very bad person. I don't.

TV Tyrion will always be a good guy, so I suspect Tywin will kill Shae and Tyrion will then kill Tywin.

Quite possible. They are going to have a hard time turning the Shae the happy hooker into a bad enough character that the audience would sympathize with Tyrion killing her, since she is much nicer than in the book, so this is a strong possibility I think.

LOL Why? I really love the actress.

Me too. Especially after seeing her in certain "other" videos she's made :)

As for what will happen to Shae? I can't say I'm sure.

I WANT Tyrion to kill her, just like in the books. I'm hoping they continue to drive the wedge between her and Tyrion this season to make it more plausible. They DID have Tyrion give her a Chekhov's gun/Golden Necklaces last season that would be perfect for doing the deed in the same manner as the book.

However I would not be surprised at all if Tywin simply has Shae "removed". While I wouldn't like it, I can definitely imagine the scene playing out like this.

"Where's Shae?"

"Wherever whores go."

*Thrum*

For ASOIAF standards, she wasn't even a very bad person.

I don't know, having zero sympathy for a virgin gang rape victim who got pregnant is pretty bad of a person, and going out of her way to implicate Sansa in Joff's murder, when Sansa never did anything to her, also quite bad. She was greedy, a liar, a turncloak, and lacked a shred of empathy.

Tyrion deceiving himself about their relationship, I put that all on him, when you are paying a whore to be your lover and you "forget" about that fact, and then get mad at her for not really loving you, that's your problem, not her's.

I don't know, having zero sympathy for a virgin gang rape victim who got pregnant is pretty bad of a person, and going out of her way to implicate Sansa in Joff's murder, when Sansa never did anything to her, also quite bad. She was greedy, a liar, a turncloak, and lacked a shred of empathy.

Tyrion deceiving himself about their relationship, I put that all on him, when you are paying a whore to be your lover and you "forget" about that fact, and then get mad at her for not really loving you, that's your problem, not her's.

Tyrion isn't exactly Mr Good-Goody-Goodwill of the series. I simply can't fathom how anyone can appoint him a moral judge or something.

Tyrion isn't exactly Mr Good-Goody-Goodwill of the series. I simply can't fathom how anyone can appoint him a moral judge or something.

People excuse the characters they like. But, a fair number of people don't feel the same way about Tyrion as they did in the earlier books, some people's breaking point was murdering Shae and his father, it was for me, other people's point was the abuse of the slaves in Dance.

People excuse the characters they like. But, a fair number of people don't feel the same way about Tyrion as they did in the earlier books, some people's breaking point was murdering Shae and his father, it was for me, other people's point was the abuse of the slaves in Dance.

Oh I am still very fond of Tyrion. But I was never awed by his morals. It was his other merits that made up. Admittedly, now he's lost many of them but the affection is almost intact.

I simply can't understand how murdering Shae could be justified with "But she hurt his feelings!" Even if it's Tyrion.

This D and D don't want to portray accuracy all that much as they want to portray what they wanted to happen.

F***ing ridiculous.

I forsee Tyrion's darker acts getting whitewashed and Dany being portrayed as a savior to the coloured people.

But on a side note wasn't GRRM okay with D&D's adaption ?

I was worried that they would change her fate, but then they showed the scene of Tyrion giving her a thick gold chain. I think she will testify against Tyrion, and that he will kill her in the end, but I think her motivations might be different. Thry've really emphasized her devotion to Sansa. I think it's possible that she will be pressured into protecting Sansa at the expense of Tyrion. I know that Sansa should be out of KL at that time and I'm not positive how that could be a realistic threat, but it's what my gut is telling me.

I actually think they might not kill her. They have built up the relationship a lot and made her genuinely love him. I think they will set things up for Tywin to find out and do something terrible to her (perhaps even kill her--but I don't really think so) and make this part of Tyrion's motive for killing him. Then Tyrion will be all 'where do whores go' for Shae, as the significance of Tysha has really not been demonstrated.

FWIW, I think it is also possible that they will merge the characters of Ygritte and Val.

+ I fear that they will keep Ygritte alive as well

That's about as likely as keeping Drogo alive after season 1.

She wasn't a likable person. But then again, Tyrion himself didn't show a lot of empathy for Lollys, either. And Margaery and Olenna framed Sansa, who didn't do anything wrong to them, but many fans worship them.

TV Shae has been softened to be more likeable for the viewers much the same way Sansa was.

People are seriously going to flip when she takes the Stand.

They took out some of Sansa's most egregious acts, but TV Shae is a completely different personality, whitewashing doesn't begin to describe it. I sort of feel they wrote themselves into a corner with her and she is now soo nice, sooo in love with Tyrion, soo protective of Sansa that there is no way to turn her into enough of a villian that the audience will approve of her murder.

They took out some of Sansa's most egregious acts, but TV Shae is a completely different personality, whitewashing doesn't begin to describe it. I sort of feel they wrote themselves into a corner with her and she is now soo nice, sooo in love with Tyrion, soo protective of Sansa that there is no way to turn her into enough of a villian that the audience will approve of her murder.

I think they did that on purpose and for the dramatic effect of the betrayal on the viewers.

Also they might take literary licence and create a situation where it will be understood that she betrays him.

But honestly I hope for the first and that she even tells him something like "I was acting the whole time, who could love an ugly little demon monkey like you"... choke lol.

I expect her death to be more tragic, more Shakespearean. Like say she goes to Tywin for the sole purpose of helping Tyrion, and then he kills her not knowing the sacrifice she made, that or she takes the Ser Dontos role and Tyrion isnt even the one to kill her.

I expect her death to be more tragic, more Shakespearean. Like say she goes to Tywin for the sole purpose of helping Tyrion, and then he kills her not knowing the sacrifice she made, that or she takes the Ser Dontos role and Tyrion isnt even the one to kill her.

Touche

When I read the books, I wondered if Varys intended for Tyrion to kill her. In ACOK, she recognized Varys when he was in disguise and Varys was visibly shocked by that. In ASOS, she convinced him to show her the secret passage out of his room. I thought he saw her as a threat because she knew things that others didn't and he therefore arranged for Tyrion to find her with Tywin and kill them both. I haven't gotten a sense of that in the show, which either means I was mistaken or they decided to take another approach.

My guess is that they will have her be jealous of Tyrion and Sansa, which causes her to betray him, but I like Tywin Smokin a Blunt's idea as well.

Archived