Daario is Young Griff's Mother

LordStoneheart

This is plausible. The only real opposition people might have is the discrepancy with genitalia. Though that's extremely easy to explain. Daario is the one who took Varys' cock.

ETA: Good troll. It's worthy of my laugh.

First thing first, OP, threads being worthy of DrP's laugh are considered to be highly valued in this community.

This reminds me of the good old days where wr argued that Jaime is the only Lannister that is Targaryen.

And, DrPepper, I think we don't discriminate on gender basis around here, so I doubt that we'll see some great opposition.

Young Griff's mother was Elia of Dorne.

Why is nobody convinced that Daario is just Daario? Some reporter actually published an article, convinced that Daario was Benjen solely based on the replacement actor's looks in the TV show. I know this theory here is basically troll fodder, but there are others out there that seriously believe that Daario is someone else.

Being serious for a moment, Talking Hodor, the similarities I brought up in the OP are a bit too coincidental for me. Not the mother thing, but just the fact we have two blue haired men with either almost blue, almost purple eyes, and one of them is claiming to be a Targaryen. Then again, it really could just be a coincidence because its not uncommon for a Tyroshi to look colorful, nor are purple eyes uncommon in Essos, I think.

Credit to Lady Blizzardborn for this one: Haegon was taken to safety to Tyrosh by Bittersteel, so he could have left some Blackfyre descendants there. :D

Being serious for a moment, Talking Hodor, the similarities I brought up in the OP are a bit too coincidental for me. Not the mother thing, but just the fact we have two blue haired men with either almost blue, almost purple eyes, and one of them is claiming to be a Targaryen. Then again, it really could just be a coincidence because its not uncommon for a Tyroshi to look colorful, nor are purple eyes uncommon in Essos, I think.

Staying for serious, briefly:

I think Daario is a Tyroshi plant. The Archon of Tyrosh's brother was at Dany's betrothal to Drogo. Same Archon's daughter was Doran Martell's ward. Illyrio is linked to the Golden Company and probably continuing the Blackfyre mission.

So my proposal is that Varys, or possibly Doran, via the Archon of Tyrosh planted Daario so that he could seduce Dany, because he is sexy and his sword he keeps rubbing in her presence has a love potion (same reason he told her to keep his sword close for him while a hostage). His job was either to keep her distracted and ready for fAegon, if Varys is truly working with Illyrio, OR to seduce her so she would NOT marry fAegon, or Hizdahr, or even Quentyn if Varys is playing Illyrio as I suspect, or if the Archon is working with Doran.

Which one depends on if the Archon of Tyrosh is conspiring with Varys, Illyrio, or both, or Doran and what their end games actually are.

Tyrosh was the heart of the Band of Nine conspiracy, and I suspect it is still alive but underground. The Archon's vague connection to Illyrio and hostage daughter with Doran, Oberyn's adventures in Essos, descriptions of politics in Volantis, Pentos, Myr, Lys, Braavos and more are clues to this possibility.

Staying for serious, briefly:

I think Daario is a Tyroshi plant. The Archon of Tyrosh's brother was at Dany's betrothal to Drogo. Same Archon's daughter was Doran Martell's ward. Illyrio is linked to the Golden Company and probably continuing the Blackfyre mission.

So my proposal is that Varys, or possibly Doran, via the Archon of Tyrosh planted Daario so that he could seduce Dany, because he is sexy and his sword he keeps rubbing in her presence has a love potion (same reason he told her to keep his sword close for him while a hostage). His job was either to keep her distracted and ready for fAegon, if Varys is truly working with Illyrio, OR to seduce her so she would NOT marry fAegon, or Hizdahr, or even Quentyn if Varys is playing Illyrio as I suspect, or if the Archon is working with Doran.

Which one depends on if the Archon of Tyrosh is conspiring with Varys, Illyrio, or both, or Doran and what their end games actually are.

Tyrosh was the heart of the Band of Nine conspiracy, and I suspect it is still alive but underground. The Archon's vague connection to Illyrio and hostage daughter with Doran, Oberyn's adventures in Essos, descriptions of politics in Volantis, Pentos, Myr, Lys, Braavos and more are clues to this possibility.

Is the Archon of Tyrosh descended from Haegon Blackfyre?

Archived