Utopia (UK TV series)

AncalagonTheBlack

I could have sworn a thread already existed but nothing came up on search.

Anyway,i completely missed that Season 2 started in the UK yesterday:

Series 2 starts airing with a double-bill spread over two nights on Monday 14 July and Tuesday 15 July 2014.

Just like season 1 there will be 6 episodes in total.

Season 1 recap trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz22hgHCCZM

Season 2 trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI5h8yvHIJQ

I could have sworn a thread already existed but nothing came up on search.

There was a thread, but those threads that don't get a constant stream of posts end up getting culled.

Just started watching season 2 ep 1 and who do i see ? Rose 'Ygritte' Leslie ! :D

Man, I was thinking that I would wait until all six were available and binge watch it, but now I don't think I want to wait.

Man, I was thinking that I would wait until all six were available and binge watch it, but now I don't think I want to wait.

Just finished watching,great episode.Rose has a really 'dark' role in this,i think many will be surprised by her,she scared me in this. :D :bowdown:

I'm really glad they opened the season with the flashback, I thought it was a much stronger episode than the second. There wasn't really anything wrong with Ep2, just felt like we were touching base with everyone and there wasn't much to pull me in.

Can anyone remember whether we learnt in the first season if there was a connection between Deels syndrome and Janus/The Network? I could do with rewatching the first season really, especially after the prequel episode.

I wanna say it was some kind of aborted trial at spreading genetic mutations or something....... but I think I might be making that up. I'm also trying to remember who else had it other than Becky?

Also sorry for linking to the Mail but I can't get over this review. Someone needs to explain the concept of fiction to this guy. Apparently we should all be "ashamed" that we "fell for" Utopia's "claims".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2692060/Insulting-crass-Shame-fell-conspiracy-drivel-CHRISTOPHER-STEVENS-reviews-nights-TV.html

I watched series 1 in a lump at 3am one Saturday night whilst a bit buzzed and it blew my mind. Nothing else like it.

Will be doing the same with series 2 when its done!

I watched series 1 in a lump at 3am one Saturday night whilst a bit buzzed and it blew my mind. Nothing else like it.

Will be doing the same with series 2 when its done!

That's an awesome way to watch it. With the cinematography and story, that's a great state of mind to be in.

That's an awesome way to watch it. With the cinematography and story, that's a great state of mind to be in.

The colours are mental when you watch it like that, especially all the yellow stuff, and the whole comic book virus stuff is all like wooahhhh

The colours are mental when you watch it like that, especially all the yellow stuff, and the whole comic book virus stuff is all like wooahhhh

I ended up watching it on a plane and being blown away how into the show I got. It was one of the most surreal experiences I had watching the pilot. I could just imagine doing it middle of the night with a buzz. I'm going to try it on my re-watch. Fuck it!

So I caught up by binge watching....

Question:

How did Jessica have time to set up the noose and "rig" the outer doors to the cage door? And all without the guards monitoring on camera being alerted?

Were the cameras turned off for a time in case the interrogator did something evil to her?

Still not bowled over with the present day episodes.....they're together now, on the run from the Network, the Network are framing them for crimes.....all feels very Season 1, except now there's no mystery really. Don't know what to think about...

...the old man being Philip Carvil (sp?), it crossed my mind last week but he doesn't look like him, so they've basically intentionally cast poorly to preserve a mystery......this is assuming it turns out to be true. I'm not sure I quite follow their reasoning either, were they the original drawings of Utopia? Why does he still have them? Why wouldn't they assume someone else had aquired them? And for that matter, what exactly was the process by which some nutter's scrawlings got published anyway?

Still, the look and tone of the show is great as always so I'm certainly not gonna stop watching anytime soon. The HBO version has the potential to be sooooooooo good.

Jessica keeps me in my seat. Just a fucking juggernaut that one.

Spoiler

Though they apparently have given her telekinesis without letting us in on the fact given all her incredible escapes.

The revelations in DaveSumm's spoiler felt underwhelming to me. I really hope this turns out to be a mistake on their parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally caught up. What a brilliant show. All the actors are great, but I especially like the one who plays Pietre. I'm glad to see

Lee back as well

. I was a bit disappointed with the recast though, the new actor did a good job, but it was a little bit jaring. Rose Leslie was indeed scary as hell in the prequel.

Eagerly waiting for episode 5

Archived