Michael Brown Shooting Cont

Relic

Drug deals, Robbery, Murder?

OK, so we're leaving out white collar crime. I guess those guys aren't criminals.

You make some weird statements. You acknowledge that poverty and biases against African Americans exist, but shouldn't be used to explain the rate of incarceration amongst blacks. Those statements don't make any sense.

The fact of the matter is that black neighborhoods are targeted more so than white neighborhoods. Have you ever heard of "stop and frisk"? Which is another name for racial profiling. Where cops basically set up shop in minority neighborhoods and stop everyone who walks by.

Give me a fucking break with this bullshit argument. And I like how you use the old "black friends" line as cover.

Are all Italian-Americans inherently mafiosi?

My point was that, while there are factors that certainly need to be taken into account, African Americans are significantly more likely to be convicted and sent to prison. This is, in my opinion, because they commit more crimes than those of other races in America. I bet many people arguing In this thread have never been to the US, hence my go back to your London Flat comment. I fell asleep early last night.

I wouldn't be totally sure, but I think a good 90% of people commenting on this thread are Americans.

Wherever we are from, the London flat comment was a special kind of stupid. After spending an afternoon using specious and incompetently reasoned arguments to advance some shallow racist thoughts, follow up with some insult about... living in London?

And all the better, he apparently thought it was a righteous burn. But that's not too surprising from someone whose title was "Sir Niggy" until it got called out.

I think my biggest problem with this thread is posters acting like they don't have any racism inside them.

My racism has been shaped by my life experiences. If you live in a different country, how can you understand what I'm talking about?

I think my biggest problem with this thread is posters acting like they don't have any racism inside them.

My racism has been shaped by my life experiences. If you live in a different country, how can you understand what I'm talking about?

There is literally no one here claiming to be free of racism. I have stated numerous times in the past that I think everyone has racist or bigoted thoughts in them, and that the work is in questioning and evaluating those thoughts. I know TerraPrime has said similar things. So no, I'm not going to let your oversimplified strawman slide.

Your posts were pretty racist though, and that's why people piled on. People don't have to be American to see what shitty logic you used. Especially since two separate posters based their critique entirely on the dumb, self-contradicting posts you made.

And yeah, the "most of the black people I know are people I'd trust to watch my kids" line was pretty close to the "I have black friends!" defense of the casually racist. If your racism has been shaped by your life experiences, what life experiences led you to titling yourself "Sir Niggy?"

Great, now we know that only people from the US will be able to understand your racism. Got it.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that most of the people disagreeing with you would admit that almost everyone has some racist predispositions, and that it's important to be conscious of these. What we're refusing to do, unlike you, is to give any intellectual credence to racist explanations for outcome disparities of different racial groups. The difference is enormous; you're an avowed racist, the rest of us would like to combat any lingering internalized racism we might harbor.

And I'm American. But if I've missed out on a London flat I was supposed to get, I'm pretty angry right now.

Archived