TTTNE 453 - lifejackets anyone?

Gillio

this is actually the first time I've won a race properly.

Once I won by default after 2 threads got merged, but we'd already started the new one.

Once I started a thread after a disasterous one got deleted.

I thought Lifejackets was a good idea , seeing as there's a flood coming!

and we dont always realise we are a lifejacket for people when life gets tough.

Congrats Gillio. :cheers:

Just read in the news that pirating of GoT is on course to overcome last years record, and it's only in April!

I love new posters. :) Their innocence and enthusiasm is inspiring. I've become so jaded since I joined Westeros 2 years ago. I barely even chat with the friend of mine that convinced me to join as she's always on GenASOIAF, and I rarely go there anymore. :(

Congrats Gillio! :commie: Welcome back.

WeaselPie, welcome. ;) This is just where we spam, basically ...

I realised I have not even seen any of the posters for season 5.

But then, I have seen plenty of Eurovision PR here in Austria, that counts for something, right? :lol:

Took me less than 24 hours to delete my Facebook account. :lol:

Just not my thing. The amount of information I found in just a few hours about myself scared me greatly. Maybe some day. But not today.

Yeah, it is creepy ... I do not like it that much either, but for my situation, I would be quite lost without it right now because most of the social events for Erasmus students are organised there ...

I love new posters. :) Their innocence and enthusiasm is inspiring. I've become so jaded since I joined Westeros 2 years ago. I barely even chat with the friend of mine that convinced me to join as she's always on GenASOIAF, and I rarely go there anymore. :(

Which is that person, if I might ask? :) It is always interesting to know which posters know each other.

Which is that person, if I might ask? :) It is always interesting to know which posters know each other.

Ygrain.

We know each other from other sites (mostly through gaming), and we chatted about our enjoyment of ASOIAF. She's far more fascinated by the theories than I am. :)

hey all...I'm having a bit of a weird day, so i've come to chat...

Yeah, it is creepy ... I do not like it that much either, but for my situation, I would be quite lost without it right now because most of the social events for Erasmus students are organised there ...

How's Erasmus, if you don't mind my asking? I'm thinking of applying for an Erasmus Mundus MA, but it's a bit of a decision, since I've already half-started an MA here. Well, and I might not be accepted anyway. So there's probably no harm in applying, but you know.

How's Erasmus, if you don't mind my asking? I'm thinking of applying for an Erasmus Mundus MA, but it's a bit of a decision, since I've already half-started an MA here. Well, and I might not be accepted anyway. So there's probably no harm in applying, but you know.

Welcome to TTTNE, Eugene! :cheers:

Hello, everybody! =o)

I'm having a [_]p of coffee right now. And I'm about to do the weekly shopping. And I decided to check out Lany's food blog and bake lemon cakes later. :smug:

How are y'all?

Woah, it took me about two minutes to figure out who "Eugene" was. Need to change back to "Datepalm."

Baking sounds good, might do that as well - I'm at my parents and they have a lemon tree and more lemons than anything to do with.

I just found out (in a sharp change of topic) that a friend was killed yesterday. We weren't terribly close - I hadn't seen him in a few years, and he lived just up the street, so it wasn't distance or anything - but we'd known each other since we were both 4 years old, our parents stayed close, etc. I was at his wedding a few years ago, and now i'm going to go his funeral. (I think. He was a cop and it's this whole giant police event at the military cemetery, with 21 gun (or whatever) salutes and nine further yards, so it doesn't feel like there's much point in going to see the whole circus, to be honest.) Today was the first time I saw his daughter - she's two. Christ. It's all just so totally banal and stupid.

(Um, I'm sorry if I shut down the conversation a bit with the grim and serious stuff...I didn't mean to. It's not someone I'm very close to, just a sort of generalized tragedy hanging over the day.)

Woah, it took me about two minutes to figure out who "Eugene" was. Need to change back to "Datepalm."

Baking sounds good, might do that as well - I'm at my parents and they have a lemon tree and more lemons than anything to do with.

I just found out (in a sharp change of topic) that a friend was killed yesterday. We weren't terribly close - I hadn't seen him in a few years, and he lived just up the street, so it wasn't distance or anything - but we'd known each other since we were both 4 years old, our parents stayed close, etc. I was at his wedding a few years ago, and now i'm going to go his funeral. (I think. He was a cop and it's this whole giant police event at the military cemetery, with 21 gun (or whatever) salutes and nine further yards, so it doesn't feel like there's much point in going to see the whole circus, to be honest.) Today was the first time I saw his daughter - she's two. Christ. It's all just so totally banal and stupid.

Nah man, this is exactly the kind of place to put this

Death is strange, yet grows more prevalent and frequent in immediacy as time goes on. I'm 24 and have been to too many funerals, but I know there will be more, and quite soon I reckon.

Remember that life is to be enjoyed, that it has wonder and beauty.

I'm sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Prayers and condolences go your way.

And after all, this is TTTNE. We care for each other, you know. This is the place where you can share your losses, down times, but also your successes and all the other things that make life worth living.

I, at least, am curious and like getting to know new people/friends.

Right now, quite lonely as I am bad at social life*, but this is probably not what you want to hear. :P

Well, there is a lot of paperwork to fill out and keep track of and for a long time - I had to apply for mine about a year before I actually went anywhere. But now that I am there and set, it is okay, I really like most of my lectures and seminars. So um, I am not sure what exactly you wish to know, but if you have any more specific questions, I would be glad to help. :)

Which field do you mean to study, if I may ask?

Also, I am sorry for your loss.

*I was supposed to meet up with a friend today, and I sent her a message when/where we should do it. Instead of answering, she send me an invitation to a random facebook event (from the description, I cannot tell what the heck it is, only that it is outdoors and will have a few thousand attendees, so how the heck are we supposed to meet each other there, and I do not even know if she wants to meet me there or she just sent that invitation to everybody on her friends list (I guess that is possible somehow?) and ... :bang: In other news, I am prone to overthinking.

Archived