(Book Spoilers)PSA: Regarding E09's controversial moment. It was GRRM's idea.

Snark88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfLScJVXBHQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1m33s

Confirmed. DnD are not out to get book readers or Stannis fans. If you're gravely upset at the fate of Shireen, be mad at George.

EDIT:

Some people have mentioned that given the circumstances in the book, it probably won't be Stannis who orders the burning. This is a fair point. But we have to remember that Show Stannis is not Book Stannis. While it may be completely out of character for Stan to do this in the book, it's not a complete shock that Show Stan did this. He's not a hero in Game of Thrones, and it's possible that may be because DnD knows George's grand plan, and they don't want to waste their time trying to make Stannis the Mannis, if his fate in the book ain't pretty.

Just food for thought.

Its literally impossible for stannis to do this in the books. Because geography. If it happens it will be Mel and Selyses doing, against Stannis' will. So D@D completely flipped the scene to make Stannis do the bad thing.

Its literally impossible for stannis to do this in the books. Because geography. If it happens it will be Mel and Selyses doing, against Stannis' will. So D@D completely flipped the scene to make Stannis do the bad thing.

It's impossible for Stannis to do it in the books at the start of TWOW. It may be possible later on. But, at least, I hope it's to try to stop the White Walkers, forge lightbringer or something like that (and that it fails miserably).

For the time being, Team Bolton FTW!

You don't know that. Stannis could still do it at a different time and place.

Point is, a lot of people are jumping the gun.

It can't happen this way exactly, but it isn't impossible for Stannis and Shireen to reunite and for Stannis to have her burnt. It could happen mid way through WoW in the aftermath of the battle of winterfell.

Hell we don't even know how the battle of winterfell goes since we are still not sure if the Pink Letter is actually written by Ramsey.

Point being D&D most likely aren't lieing and Shireen is getting burnt alive as most suspected, and its possible Stannis will be involved.

They are careful with the language they use: it's not "George told us about Stannis burning his daughter," it's "George told us about this."

Plus, he's not logistically in a position to do this anyway. Also, did they just reveal Stannis lives in the Battle of Winterfell? D&D have basically spoiled the Pink Letter to cover for their own narrative shortcoming. Every single change they've made this season has been either incoherent (Dorne) or vile (Sansa, Gilly's attempted rape being stopped by GHOST of all things, Shireen)

So many people living in denial.

Stannis has been burning people alive since a long time, and he was ready to burn his innocent bastard nephew just like he did with Shireen.

Davos's admiration for Stannis is the only reason why so much people has been blinded for so long, because Davos is indisputably a good heartened man and nobody can accept such a good man can admire a bad one.. but he deceived himself.

Also, the show should have had the guts to show us Shireen's face as she died in pain

Since when ISIS started burning people alive for real, I am glad we are not shown the gory details in the show.

Read between the lines. He left it very ambiguous and only let on to the fact that shireen gets burned and not the way it happened. The man regardless, is a fool. He wronged the trojan war, he wronged, LS, and he wronged characters like the sandsnakes, Paris (from troy), and Menelaus (from troy) . He can't do anything right when it comes to writing.

Well, when he defeats the Bolton's he can go back to Castle Black and burn Shireen there. Or he could bring her to Winterfell. They almost died just getting close to Winterfell, I imagine it's going to be even harder to get south. Mel could use that argument.

I'd put money that George is going to burn this girl as well.

i agree and think it is pretty pitiful that book readers are so ready to berate the show and d&d for doing something grrm told them he was doing...and sadly they are going to live in denial until they read it from his own hand...

Read between the lines. He left it very ambiguous and only let on to the fact that shireen gets burned and not the way it happened. The man regardless, is a fool. He wronged the trojan war, he wronged, LS, and he wronged characters like the sandsnakes, Paris (from troy), and Menelaus (from troy) . He can't do anything right when it comes to writing.

Some of you need to chill the fuck out.

i agree and think it is pretty pitiful that book readers are so ready to berate the show and d&d for doing something grrm told them he was doing...and sadly they are going to live in denial until they read it from his own hand...

I've yet to hear one decent explanation as to HOW Stannis will possibly burn his own daughter in the books. And if he does, it would be under more drastic circumstances than "Ram(bo)sey burned my horses." Stannis's character has always been a shade of gray in the books; as usual all of the nuance was lost on HBO.

Archived