(Book Spoilers)PSA: Regarding E09's controversial moment. It was GRRM's idea.

Snark88

I won't say this won't happen in the books. I'll only say that the way this has been built up in the show is completely disappointing and even though it will break my heart again to read a Shireen death in the novels, I'm willing to bet it makes a lot more narrative sense.

The whole thing was just underwhelming. Ramsay sneaking out with 20 freaking men, burning up the supplies (in about half a second. Mel walked outside, the tents were suddenly on fire, and that was all we saw of his great guerilla mission. Wow. Breathtaking). And then suddenly Stannis is like well time to go against what I've been saying up until now and burn my daughter alive. I would have to imagine the stakes will be higher if and when this happens in tWoW.

If Shireen is burned, it won't be by Stannis' orders. He's no where near Castle Black. It will be something cooked up by Melisandre and/or Selyse. The books make kinslaying a huge taboo while the show doesn't.

I see what you did there...

:bawl:

If Stannis burned Shireen to make it stop snowing in TWOW, I would burn the book.

I'm not even going to criticise too much. I'm just not watching from here. They've made Stannis a straight up villain from the start, he's more of an anti-hero in the books.

All this does is remind me that he's utterly doomed. He's not going to burn Shireen in the books. The fact that she's dead already in the show probably means it will come in TWOW, Stannis isn't even close to his daughter and has already rejected the idea of sacrificing non-believers.

But yeah. That snow...

There's a difference between not liking X and taking away all of X's good traits and making him caricature.

Anyways, I actually think Stannis might burn Shireen (I also think Mel is a possibility or even that D&D is lying so they can pass on the blame on GRRM). The thing I find is bullshit, is the weak "our supplies were burned by Ramsay Bolton who is apparently a ninja" and does it almost immediately. No starvation. Just "Fuck it. Let's kill my daughter." Do we get an awesome story about a man becoming a monster like GRRM will presumably write? Nope. Stannis has been a monster all along in the show.

:agree:

Stannis :

Kills his brother Renly.

Kills his maester.

Kills his daughter.

Almost surely writes the letter that leads up to Jon's stabbing.

Resorts to black magic with Melisandre, burning the leeches (Robb, Balon and Joffrey).

Has some good excuses for his actions, but that's it. In the end, all things considered, he's as evil as Ramsay or Roose, using all the means to get the Iron Throne, he didn't go to the Wall just because of the good of the Realm, he wanted to be reedemed and gather followers by this.

I love how you're combining things he's done in the show and (stuff he hasn't or might not have done) in the books. Way to make your agenda obvious. LOL.

I can't see Mel burning Shireen without Stannis' approval. She'd know she'd be as good as dead if she does that.

BTW, it looks like GRRM got his wish and created a Walter White type villain.

Stannis :

Kills his brother Renly.

Kills his maester.

Kills his daughter.

Almost surely writes the letter that leads up to Jon's stabbing.

Resorts to black magic with Melisandre, burning the leeches (Robb, Balon and Joffrey).

Has some good excuses for his actions, but that's it. In the end, all things considered, he's as evil as Ramsay or Roose, using all the means to get the Iron Throne, he didn't go to the Wall just because of the good of the Realm, he wanted to be reedemed and gather followers by this.

So, Stannis is guilty of killing someone who poisoned himself in an attempt to murder another person?

Stannis is an asshole and committed the ultimate crime but I'm still rooting for him to be honest. I don't think he'll ever sit the IT, he needs to die, but before he does he needs to do something big.

If he ends up getting offed by Brienne or Ramsay then what the fuck, biggest waste of a plotine ever.

So, Stannis is guilty of killing someone who poisoned himself in an attempt to murder another person?

Yes, maybe i've got over the top with that one, but Stannis in the books didn't listen to Davos, his maester, or anyone else besides Melisandre. Do you remember how he treats Davos when he says he doesn't like her ? He's like being possessed by Melisandre. Burning the Seven, cheating on his wife, burning the leeches, etc. He gave alot of power to Melisandre, and himslef is responsable for her actions too.

Stannis is an asshole and committed the ultimate crime but I'm still rooting for him to be honest. I don't think he'll ever sit the IT, he needs to die, but before he does he needs to do something big.

If he ends up getting offed by Brienne or Ramsay then what the fuck, biggest waste of a plotine ever.

Just like Quentyn in the books ?

I can't see Mel burning Shireen without Stannis' approval. She'd know she'd be as good as dead if she does that.

BTW, it looks like GRRM got his wish and created a Walter White type villain.

Mel would if she thinks Stannis is dead - Pink Letter.

And Walter White was an anti-hero, not a straight up villain as the show just made Stannis out to be.

Quentyn was just a few chapters in one book. Stannis has been a major character since book 2. It's not even comparable.

I don't think Stannis's plot will be a waste though. Even his death could have serious implications. But i think he will be the one to dispose of the Boltons/Freys, making him an antihero.

I going to put aside the books.

In the show, they had a scene between Stannis, Mel and Selyse in which Stannis said they had to eat the glue from the books during the siege after they ran out of food.

That man burned his child after being like, one day deprived of resources.

Or maybe, as the scene also made him complain the food was not good, they will say it's characterization that Stannis doesn't like to be hungry too much time because he then goes bananas. I can understand that but I still wouldn't kill my son :dunno:

Stannis fans are in denial lol

I knew something was off about this guy since season 2

( but the fanboys kept saying that Stannis was a good guy and he only seemed like a bad guy because of how D&D were portraying him

never trust a man who was a red witch Whispering in his ear...

It's sad, they really are going hard on the denial tonight. Hopefully they'll hit the anger stage soon, followed by bargaining, depression and finally acceptance because I really don't want to keep having this same conversation all the way up until the next book comes out.

I don't think Stannis's plot will be a waste though. Even his death could have serious implications. But i think he will be the one to dispose of the Boltons/Freys, making him an antihero.

More or less how I see it. He needs to do something impactful before he checks out.

Archived