Jaime's (way too) happy ending (Show & book spoilers)

Pigeon Pie

So, Jaime's arc this season is ending pretty happily. Way too happily, in fact, for Game of Thrones.

He gets back his "niece", she's still marrying her charming prince of Dorne (who can't be hurt in the capital, no one wants to risk the Martell's anger so much), he gets Bronn, and by consequence of getting Myrcella back he also gets Cersei's satisfaction. He gets everything.

Or doesn't he?

Does anyone else here think his voyage to the capital will probably not be very safe? Will they all get attacked like what happened in the books, only by angry Dornishmen (perhaps Gerold Dayne is included as well), perhaps a Sandsnake or two?

It was way too happy. :ack: I'm almost certain that the we'll see Dorne in this episode, with Doran revealing his plan and sending the Sandsnakes on some missions. Bronn and Jaime will most likely have to fight someone in an "ambush", and it won't end well for one or both of them.

Thought it may be that they just decided to do away with the Dorne storyline by sending all the important characters back to King's Landing, which would be fine with me also. A last minute change based on viewer feedback? It wouldn't be unheard of, after all the actors always film way more scenes than make it into the show - so it's easy to shuffle them a little bit.

The catch is Doran has absolutely no intention of maintaining an alliance with the Lannisters, but he wants them to think that. I don't know what his long game is, since it seems almost certain they cut Aegon and if Trystane is secretly promised to Daenerys, he's doing an awfully good job of pretending to love Myrcella. He definitely has a long game, though. He wasn't introduced as a character just to bring peace and harmony to the realm. He's just the most patient revenge plotter in history.

There should be no happy endings in this show - at least this crazy bleak season. I think there is a twist coming. Either Tommen dying or attacked on the road and Myrcella disfigured.

However, if Doran does not reveal some sort of crazy conspiracy theory - either Fire & Blood or Trystane = fAegon or putting Myrcella on the Throne by assassinating Tommen and/or Cersei, I would be EXTREMELY disappointed with Dorne.

Dorne storyline was extremely badly done - they actually managed to make it boring. If there is no twist coming, they should have let Jaime and Bronn go to Riverlands, would have been less dull/fake and no destroying my perception of Dorne as the coolest kingdom in the Westeros.

Maybe Doran's plan is way simpler than you imagine: if anything happens to Tommen, Myrcella is the next in line. Doran would be the father of the king consort and he does have a lot of influence in Myrcella -- specially with Cersei out of the picture. Doran could be planning to send a Sand Snake to kill Tommen, but chances are that he won't even need to make a move, if Varys kills the king.

Maybe Doran's plan is way simpler than you imagine: if anything happens to Tommen, Myrcella is the next in line. Doran would be the father of the king consort and he does have a lot of influence in Myrcella -- specially with Cersei out of the picture. Doran could be planning to send a Sand Snake to kill Tommen, but chances are that he won't even need to make a move, if Varys kills the king.

varys and doran plan tommen's death together. they have someone attack jamie's party and axe guy who name i suck at remembering kills bronne. doran has a justification to send a dornish army with his son to protect the queen.

I don't know. I still have a gut feeling that an ambush may occur during the trek back to KL....

If the trend is accurate, there will be a few brief clips from Jaime, Tyrion, and the rest of the episode will focus on Winterfell and the Wall. To be honest with so much that needs to be done at the wall, I hope they did not waste too much time in KL. So Jaime's final scene could just be them departing....

It does seem all too neat. Maybe it is exactly as it appears though? I have to imagine that we will get Tyene tagging on disguised as a septa at least. Otherwise what's the point in introducing the SS? They literally could have just had Trys and Myrcella turn up in KL in S6 and it would have achieved the same thing.

Ideally (as if anything can salvage this plot at this point), Bronn is convinced to join the SS's somehow and takes DS' role, maiming or killing Myrcella. Obara and Hotah are sent to hunt him down (though of course Obara is secretly on his side). Tyene disguises herself as a septa and goes to KL to assassinate Tommen. Nym....does something. None of that will happen though, I think it's exactly as it appears.

I believe Bronn will take the Darkstar role on Myrcella. It kinds sets up perfectly. While they were in the jail cells the "Most Beautiful Girl in the World" convinces him to try and kill Myrcella.

Maybe the handsome man Littlefinger promised The Queen of Thorns is Jamie/Trystane. Granted, the show has made it obvious Jamie can no longer fight, so they don't need him to deny Cersei to introduce Robert Strong. But I refuse to believe after the scuffle between Cersei and Olenna, that Oleena wouldn't gain leverage some other way. And as has been covered previously, there is no way that Lancel can be the handsome, young man that was mentioned as the High Sparrow made it quite clear that Lancel confessed a while ago.

Cersei's walk of shame only happened because Kevan allowed it to happen in order to shame Cersei and remove her meddling. The growing chasm between Jamie and Cersei hasn't been established in the show, so it'd be completely out of character for Jamie to permit Cersei's walk.

I think the Sand snakes will do what they do in the books , Tyene goes undercover as a Septa etc. Most likely Tommen will die very soon and then Myrcella is Queen and the Martells is in a powerful position. I think Dorans big plan is to backstab the Lannisters and declare for Daenerys.

varys and doran plan tommen's death together. they have someone attack jamie's party and axe guy who name i suck at remembering kills bronne. doran has a justification to send a dornish army with his son to protect the queen.

Only if Varys is playing Doran, because his real goal seems to be restorate the Targaryens and Doran has no reason to support Daenerys.

I think the Sand snakes will do what they do in the books , Tyene goes undercover as a Septa etc. Most likely Tommen will die very soon and then Myrcella is Queen and the Martells is in a powerful position. I think Dorans big plan is to backstab the Lannisters and declare for Daenerys.

What does declaring for Danerys get them at this point? There is no Quentyn, only Trystane and he is betrothed to Myrcella. If Tommen does die, why would the Martells give up the throne to support Dany? Maybe she would agree to marry Trystane, but he's apparently in love with Myrcella and would probably give some push back if ordered to end his arrangement with her. The Martells aren't stupid. If Doran's son becomes King and his grandchildren become heirs to the throne, why would he forego that in hopes Dany not only takes the throne, but agrees to ally and support his agenda?

I believe Bronn will take the Darkstar role on Myrcella. It kinds sets up perfectly. While they were in the jail cells the "Most Beautiful Girl in the World" convinces him to try and kill Myrcella.

That might happen, and I hope it does. She also saves his life by offering the antidote, and that has to come at some price

Archived