NBA Finals 2015 - Lebron vs. The Warriors vs. MJ

Jaime L

Yep though the irony is that Lebron may win a title this year with a bunch of guys he didn't pick. The guys he picked are either injured (Irving and Love) or traded (Waiters) or marginal/bench fodder (Jones and Miller) and yet if they all were here and playing, I bet Golden State is up big in this series. He still needs that subtly savvy GM work to unearth guys like Delly and trade for Mosgov, Shumpert and Smith. If they win the title, he needs to give David Griffin a big hug as his first non-terrible Cleveland GM.

Going back to July when griff unloaded salary prior to the announcement of james - he was getting killed for clearing cap space. Know one knew he knew LBJ was coming back. Got killed for trading wiggins (which I was fine doinf), when the smith and Shump trade went down he took heat. When he gave 2 first rounders up for moz he got killed. When he elected to not sign a street free agent back up pg and ride with Delly as the back up - he took heat.

Griff has a plan.

Going back to July when griff unloaded salary prior to the announcement of james - he was getting killed for clearing cap space. Know one knew he knew LBJ was coming back. Got killed for trading wiggins (which I was fine doinf), when the smith and Shump trade went down he took heat. When he gave 2 first rounders up for moz he got killed. When he elected to not sign a street free agent back up pg and ride with Delly as the back up - he took heat.

Griff has a plan.

They could win the title in the next week and I still think trading Wiggins for Love was dumb.

They could win the title in the next week and I still think trading Wiggins for Love was dumb.

I agree. Wiggins makes them the best defensive team in the league. You can find cheap shoters. Imagine Korver coming off the bench to play with LeBron, and Wiggins coming in to sub for Bron.

Really feel like tonight is huge for the Cavs. Don't think they want to go back to GS tied 2-2. That's a recipe to go down. I don't want to say "must win," but it is huge.

I don't. I have had this conversation way too many times.

I am fine with it, it's a 4-6 year window here.

I suppose, but that's one of the best ways to build a winner methinks. You get these talented kids on rookie contracts and you're getting a ton of value when they blossom. Even if the Cavs get the ring this year, how much did Love have to do with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGpFcHTxjZs

I suppose, but that's one of the best ways to build a winner methinks. You get these talented kids on rookie contracts and you're getting a ton of value when they blossom. Even if the Cavs get the ring this year, how much did Love have to do with it?

I have wondered about this some...

If you were Kevin Love, would you wear a championship ring from this season? :dunno:

I have wondered about this some...

If you were Kevin Love, would you wear a championship ring from this season? :dunno:

Yes, without hesitation. Love was playing good ball before he was hurt. His early season struggles should have been expected. He went from #1 option to #3. That hurts some people's egos, clearly his suffered. But, he was buying into his role more and more as the season went along. I think he's a great fit. When I heard that it was a possibility that he'd come to Cleveland, I thought, "Lebron's a damn genius, best possible fit for him.".

Wiggins is already pretty good and you can win a championship now with him as your third best player. And he is only going to get better. My main problem with the trade was the timing. Cleveland traded Wiggins without trying him out. What was the hurry? Love was not going anywhere; the Warriors had already pulled out of that race. Minnesota was not trading Love without getting fair value in return. So Boston, Lakers etc. were not viable threats. Cavs should have waited till December before trading Wiggins. Given how Wiggins has played this year, I think the Cavs would have decided to keep Wiggins come December. Obviously the Cavs' GM Lebron had other ideas.

I haven't even seen him at the home games though. At least Varejao is there every night cheering.

I just wonder how invested he feels.

They showed him in a suit at the end of the bench last game. It was before the start of the game, but he was there.

ETA: That being said, I don't get the impression that he's terribly invested.

I'm with you. No doubt in my mind that it was the right move.

He may re-up for one year, but I think he's just biding his time before the salary cap increases and then he's gone and you gave up a cheap player that had superstar potential for a rental.

:dunno:

He may re-up for one year, but I think he's just biding his time before the salary cap increases and then he's gone and you gave up a cheap player that had superstar potential for a rental.

:dunno:

Your probably right. I like to think he'll stay for the prospect of winning. But, he seems to be a moody one.

Totally different game from the first three games thus far. More offense, run and gun, lots of short possessions. No surprise at all GS is up, and I don't think the Cavs can play at this pace with a 7 man rotation. They already have given up a few offensive rebounds just from getting outhustled.

Archived