Acrophobia 19 - Newspaper Headlines - Round 6 Submissions, Round 5 Voting

lil' ghost

• 3 weeks later...

All right, NaNo is over. I reached my personal goal, and the Viking-ish story is progressing fairly well.  Now I can slow down and find actual Norse names for Adaljerk, Heimlich, the late King Guggi, and Bob.

Congrats!

May I ask what makes the story "Viking-ish"? Is it like a Viking story but not about Vikings or is it about Vikings but not like your average Viking story?

BTW, anyone called Bob should always remain Bob! It's a rule (that I just spontaneously made up)!

New game, anyone? Or have we decided it's best to await the fate of the forum?

Maybe we should have a one-off, one-round game where our entries state our feelings about the new-look forum?

LOL, I might be able to find a decent Norse equivalent to Bob.

I'm calling it Viking-ish because I'm not entirely sure what it is yet. Definitely set in a Viking-like culture, but later Vikings who have mostly converted to Christianity, and not the standard Viking story either. I don't have a lot of raiding and pillaging going on, though I've got a bad guy who is doing just that, as well as ordering assassinations and being a general political nuisance too. So far as I've been able to tell I'm dealing somewhere in the 10th century area, but that could change.  Still don't know if it's going to be standard HF or verge into fantasy territory. I'm inventing the various small kingdoms, which is something I've done before, but it is supposed to be in the real world, and I haven't written any dragons in thus far. *shrug*

New update is trash, generally. Similar to a sports forum I'm a moderator on. The editor is going to upset a lot of people, depending on what version they end up with.

At this point they should just shrug off the lost content and give us a go-ahead to get on with forum life. I'm actually surprised it's going as poorly as it is. Not sure why it's so complicated, though I'm sure there's a reason. Seems quite the cluster----, though.

At this point they should just shrug off the lost content and give us a go-ahead to get on with forum life. I'm actually surprised it's going as poorly as it is. Not sure why it's so complicated, though I'm sure there's a reason. 

The board is fighting against attempts to make it terrible :ninja: You fight, board! :pirate: And good luck :ninja:

All right, NaNo is over. I reached my personal goal, and the Viking-ish story is progressing fairly well.  Now I can slow down and find actual Norse names for Adaljerk, Heimlich, the late King Guggi, and Bob.

How about Aðalbjörg (feminine) or Aðalsteinn (male), Henrik (m) or Henrike (f), and King Gunni? And, yeah, stay with  Bob, or maybe go for Rob.

How about Aðalbjörg (feminine) or Aðalsteinn (male), Henrik (m) or Henrike (f), and King Gunni? And, yeah, stay with  Bob, or maybe go for Rob.

I may go with Adalsteinn and Henrik.  I think the King is going to get a name that doesn't start with G though.

Bob can't stay.  Or rather, that character can't be called Bob permanently. He's a traitor who got his wife's parents and himself killed.  A Bob would never do that.  Bobs are nice, and good, and honorable and wouldn't hurt a gnat.  I could name another character Bob though...

The board is fighting against attempts to make it terrible :ninja: You fight, board! :pirate: And good luck :ninja:

Here, here!  This set-up lacks character.  Only the top of the page looks unique and ASOIAF-ish.  And I miss all the awesome emoticons we used to have. :crying:   Wait...I've found them! :cheers:

Archived