Why does shadowbinders fear Stygai?

LordImp

Stygai is the city of Darkness, it's neighbouring mountains filled with Demons and Dragons and other nasty things.

You could say Stygai is the Heart of the Shadow, just like Bran sees the Heart of Winter. The Heart of Winter could be the city of White Walkers and Wights (corpses). 

Perhaps Stygai also has undead humans?

It is said that the shadowbinders fear Stygai " the corpse city" . My idea is that Stygai is the heart of darkness and that we can find some twisted beings there. Whats your toughts about Stygai and shadowbinders. 

Not too sure. We will have to ask Euron Greyjoy in the next chapter because he may be the only one who can tell us... unless for some reason Dany heads all the way to the east that way. Dothraki believe that people from Asshai are "spawn of shadows" and hold them in contempt and fear them, so something bad must be going on.

This place reminds me of the GRRM story Meathouse Men. Weird and gruesome stuff in some parts. Not related to ASOIF

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/grrm_book/meathouse-man/

Stygai is the city of Darkness, it's neighbouring mountains filled with Demons and Dragons and other nasty things.

You could say Stygai is the Heart of the Shadow, just like Bran sees the Heart of Winter. The Heart of Winter could be the city of White Walkers and Wights (corpses). 

Perhaps Stygai also has undead humans?

Yes. I belive Stygai has some undead , maybe fire wights. 

I wouldn't say fire wights. The Others are in all likelihood confined to the cold.

If there are fire wights their most likely raised by some fire beings , not the Others. I actually think their might be a fiery version of the Others in Stygai.

Yes. I belive Stygai has some undead , maybe fire wights. 

I wouldn't say fire wights. The Others are in all likelihood confined to the cold.

Maybe these are Stone-Walkers. The stone and ash version of white walkers.

The stone version of The Others dwell here

Has there been anything in the books to hint that these things even exist in story?

Nameless Lovecraftian Horrors.

I figure this is more like it as we will only see Asshai  from flashbacks. We are not meant ot know much about a place so far from westeros 

If there are fire wights their most likely raised by some fire beings , not the Others. I actually think their might be a fiery version of the Others in Stygai.

Well, we don't see fire wight anywhere in text, not at least anything that directly parallels the wights commanded by the Others. He do have Berric Dondarrian resurrected by Thoros,  His blod is described as black and smoking and he uses it to light his sword on fire. Similarly, Mel has blood that is black and smoking. I think that it is safe to infer Lady Stone Heart does as well. We have Benerro, the high priest at Volantis , promising to resurrect folks who die in the name of R'hllor, presumably in a similar manner. I think this might give us a picture of what is hanging out by the Shadow.

Well, we don't see fire wight anywhere in text, not at least anything that directly parallels the wights commanded by the Others. He do have Berric Dondarrian resurrected by Thoros,  His blod is described as black and smoking and he uses it to light his sword on fire. Similarly, Mel has blood that is black and smoking. I think that it is safe to infer Lady Stone Heart does as well. We have Benerro, the high priest at Volantis , promising to resurrect folks who die in the name of R'hllor, presumably in a similar manner. I think this might give us a picture of what is hanging out by the Shadow.

Beric , Lady Stoneheart . Thats what i calls fire wights as they are raised by R'Hllorists. 

It's worth noting that we are more or less told that dragons spawned from the Shadow Lands.

Yes i belive dragos came from Shadowlands. Most likely because Stygai is/ was the heart of fire. 

What twisted creatures is in the Shadowlands? Shadows , fire demons , dragons or is it just tales? 

Funny how dragons originated in Asshai, and now the entire area is bathed in shadow, haunted by ghouls and demons. Then they showed up in Valyria and now the place is a firey wasteland, haunted by ghouls and demons.

It seems like wherever dragons have been, death and destruction follows.

Funny how dragons originated in Asshai, and now the entire area is bathed in shadow, haunted by ghouls and demons. Then they showed up in Valyria and now the place is a firey wasteland, haunted by ghouls and demons.

It seems like wherever dragons have been, death and destruction follows.

Dragon bones have been found in Westeros before the Targaryens came. Westeros didn't turn into a wasteland. Could it be that there were dragons in westeros.... OR  that they were dragons from the Great Empire of Dawn?

Archived