Death WISH list for Season 6 and WHY

A Ghost of Someone

On 4/6/2016 at 8:19 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

We have a list for who people think will die so lets have one of death wish list and Why, just for the show characters. This should be really fun. 

Missendei - So they don't get the chance to have a terrible love triangle with her, Tyrion, and Grey Worm. 

Grey Worm and the Unsullied - So we can stop seeing how inconsistent their awesome strength is.

Brienne - So she can't Warf another top tier fighter. They've turned her into Super Brienne, slayer of cripples, conquerer of the disadvantaged.

Tommen - To cause the kind of chaos in KL that Littlefinger would get a chubby over.

House Bolton - No need to draw it out anymore. The Bolton clan is toast. 

Pycelle & Kevan - Even if Cersei looses her trial, they are competent enough to keep the peace. Chaos demands their blood.

Alliser Thorne - If he doesn't die in a wildling attack or mutiny. He will be the first to fall when the wall comes down. 

Melisendre - Davos will end her for what she did to Stannis and Shireen. 

Daario - One of the only plausible Harpy's left. Unless Varys is behind them and was trying to push Dany out of Mereen and towards Westeros. 

Ellaira & Sand Snakes - No reason necessary. 

Sansa - ends the Jon/Sansa theories, ends the Queen in the North while Bran is still alive theories, ends the theories that Sansa has taken over whatever Arya's original intended purpose was, ends the theories that Sansa will be the YMBQ, ends the theories that Sansa will end up a powerful political player like Littlefinger, ends the theories that Sansa will rebuild Winterfell (her snow Winterfell was promptly destroyed for a reason), ends the theories that Sansa is the most important Stark and that Bran and Arya are just secondary characters.

It probably won't happen this season or while Littlefinger's still alive. However, I'm hoping that it does occur next season so that some people stop overestimating Sansa's story importance while underestimating the importance of other characters.

• Alliser Thorne & Olly: When Jon will return ...
  • the High Sparrow: It's him or Cersei. And Cersei always win... until some day.
  • Tommen: as prophetized. Nice guy, wrong place, no friend, too naive. And his mother creating too many enemies.
  • Daario: I don't like him. And he has no real purpose.
  • Bronn: Maybe not this year. But this guy must die one day.
  • Roose Bolton: Have the feeling he will be killed by his son.
  • Walda Bolton: Will go with Roose.
  • Melisandre Missandei: Not very important. The show would not be GoT without some good guys dying.
  • Ellaria Sand: How could Doran could keep her alive?
  • Walder Frey: Want him dead. But maybe not this year.
  • Asha/Yara Greyjoy: Really no use of her.
  • Areo Hotah: Just a boring piece of meat.
  • Gregor Clegane: One way or another, Cersei trial should be his end.
  • Robert Arryn: Really no use of this brat. Must be thrown, like his mother, thru the Moon Door.
  • Mace Tyrell: The big oaf. No use of him either.
  • Pycelle: The sneak must die, as everyone else in KL, when Daenerys or Winter and the Others will come.
  • Littlefinger & Varys: One day, not this year I hope.

21 hours ago, Winter's Cold said:

Sansa - ends the Jon/Sansa theories, ends the Queen in the North while Bran is still alive theories, ends the theories that Sansa has taken over whatever Arya's original intended purpose was, ends the theories that Sansa will be the YMBQ, ends the theories that Sansa will end up a powerful political player like Littlefinger, ends the theories that Sansa will rebuild Winterfell (her snow Winterfell was promptly destroyed for a reason), ends the theories that Sansa is the most important Stark and that Bran and Arya are just secondary characters.

It probably won't happen this season or while Littlefinger's still alive. However, I'm hoping that it does occur next season so that some people stop overestimating Sansa's story importance while underestimating the importance of other characters.

I just don't see the kingdoms splitting up so i don't think any king in the north or anywhere else will happen long term.

Also underestimating or overestimating? it is all subjective.

I think bran's story will be really creepy, personal, challenging and important but i don't think he is doing much ruling as a king ever. Got the feeling he is never leaving that cave. 

love to see them go full troll and throw in Gendry's severed head in a scene. 

On 4/8/2016 at 7:15 PM, Winter's Cold said:

I'm betting you'll be disappointed overall, that's a lot of hate for a fictional character. 

The Sandsnakes because, what's their point again? 

9 minutes ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

I'm betting you'll be disappointed overall, that's a lot of hate for a fictional character. 

I agree that over the top hating of and getting into a personal vendetta with fictional characters is simply childish, just like overidentification and defending them as if they were real existing people, not tools to serve a great story.

And that is why we cannot declare any character pointless before books and show have ended, even if we might not have liked the execution of their story so far. We just don't know what is in store for them.

1 hour ago, Woman of War said:

And that is why we cannot declare any character pointless before books and show have ended, even if we might not have liked the execution of their story so far. We just don't know what is in store for them.

Actually, we can. Since Dorne wasn't even supposed to be in season 5, they just shoehorned it in due to Jaime. and well, a season should tell a story in itself, not support itself in what might happen in the future. They were pointless in season 5, and that's it. 

My serious death list for S6 with reasons is quite a bit different...

Alliser, Ollie and the Mutineers... because once Jon leaves the Wall there won't be any need for drama up there. Just leave Edd in charge until the Walkers blow it up (which is when Edd dies, sadly).

Jorah... because Dany has to lose her last possible voice of reason and restraint so she can go full on Fire and Blood Conqueror. Just let him infect Daario first.

Jaquen and the Waif... because Arya's story with the Faceless Men is over so we may as well wipe them both out.

Kevan, Pycelle, the High Sparrow, Lancel, Lady Olena, Tommen (accidental) and Margery... because Kings Landing needs to descend into oure chaos and Cersei needs to go bug nuts before she dies (next season).

The Sandsnakes... because the reason is self-evident.

Roose, Ramsey and Fat Walda... because we're getting Euron as Joffrey 3.0 and don't need Joffrey 2.0 around anymore.

Lots of Karstarks and Umbers... for siding with the Boltons.

Rickon (and Osha)... because he's the safe and easy answer to who rules the North and we deserve better than safe and easy stories. Osha only because whoever does in Rickon will have to get through her first. Shaggydog I think is likely to live though... with Rickon warging into him (indeed, I think they could do an excellent bit of setup for this by first showing Arya warging while blind, then use that to reveal that Jon warged into Ghost before he died and then all of that sets up for Rickon dying and warging into Shaggydog).

Tormund... because Jon can lead the Free Folk himself at this point and we need at least one loss amongst Jon's confidants and at this stage Tormund is more expendinle than Davos and Mel (though I only give Mel a 50/50 shot of living past the moment she walks the battlements of Winterfell).

That's a pretty high death toll, even by GoT standards, which is the only reason I'm not adding Cersei and Littlefinger to the lists of the dead (I think they go in s7 to clear the path for Fire vs. Ice in s8).

If any of the above survive, I think it will most likely be from the list of Kings Landing victims because they'll want to pace out the deaths a bit more.

3 hours ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

........a season should tell a story in itself, not support itself in what might happen in the future. ...

Not at all, this is not the idea behind Martin's way of storytelling!

Martin's books are an arc where short term suspense really is in the background compared to the story as a whole and the general literary message in it. No way we can judge the importance of  one chapter, some episodes or one of the books before we know everything. We may not like the execution of one particular chapter or one episode but we have yet no idea about its importance. This counts for less liked books like AFFC as much as for less liked parts of the series.

On April 8, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

Brienne - So she can't Warf another top tier fighter. They've turned her into Super Brienne, slayer of cripples, conquerer of the disadvantaged.

Said every whiny dudebro ever.

Brienne bested Loras, two members of Renly's kingsguard, three northerner soldiers, and a few knights of the Vale because she is a fierce warrior who can handle herself. It's hardly her fault that Jaime and the Hound got in her face while they were having a rough go of it. Blame those fools for their poor choices. They really shouldn't have underestimated her. As for Stannis, that bitch needed to be put down. Bri did him a favor.

6 hours ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

Posts like this is what drives the Sansa hatred.

6 hours ago, Myself656 said:

Arya - because it would comfound so many people who were so sure they know the ending already. Bonus points if she wargs into Nymeria and becomes Queen Sansa's protectress.

Arya has nine more pov chapters than Sansa and she was originally intended to be much more important for the endgame plot than Sansa as well. Yet somehow Arya will end up as her pet? This is the ending that GRRM has been working towards for twenty years? I think it's much more likely for Sansa to die rather than some fanfiction power fantasy coming true. 

54 minutes ago, sapphire_lion said:

Said every whiny dudebro ever.

Brienne bested Loras, two members of Renly's kingsguard, three northerner soldiers, and a few knights of the Vale because she is a fierce warrior who can handle herself. It's hardly her fault that Jaime and the Hound got in her face while they were having a rough go of it. Blame those fools for their poor choices. They really shouldn't have underestimated her. As for Stannis, that bitch needed to be put down. Bri did him a favor.

Your response reads less like a logical rebuttal and more like a Brienne fangirl mad that someone else doesn't like everything they do with the character. 

I like Brienne, but since Loras they've fed her nothing but red shirts and crippled or wounded characters. They do her no favors with that.    

The Hound is no fool and made no poor choice. The Hound was doing the only logical thing, Keeping a woman with Lannister steel and a Lannister squire the hell away from a Stark. They were both in the right, in an unfortunate situation. 

Stannis? Stannis is a more valuable prisoner than corpse. She let herself become ruled by emotion to fulfill the oath she made to a dead man, instead of thinking of ways this could help her fulfill the oath she made to a living man. 

Archived