What will happen with the mutineers?

Ser Dong

2 hours ago, jbob said:

They'll be sent North of the Wall. That would be good. I feel sorry Olly though. He didn't do anything that people wanted Davos to do to Mel after Shireen's death. Tormund should at least apologise for killing his parents for no reason before Olly gets executed.

I hear you. I've thought quite a bit about how Olly gets the hate (which I'm obviously guilty of as well) even though he's a little kid who has every right to hate the wildlings as any of us would in a similar situation. But he sold his soul when he stuck the knife in. If he would have sat there and sobbed while Jon was stabbed I still could have let that go.

He made that choice and between his disloyalty to Jon and "Thorne " apprenticeship, I say the hell with him

Also, like Bran and many of the adolescent actors he's growing up quick (seems to have gone from like 7 to 15 in two years) and his treacherous ways along with this arrogant teenage self righteousness makes him easier to dislike in my opinion. Much different cicumstances than when his character was first introduced to us.

Also I can see Jon executing all the officers who did the stabbing. And the last will be Olly. He'll hesitate but he'll remember Maester Aemon's words (probably not meant in this context) "kill the boy and let the man be born" and finish the job. And with him killing Olly, the naive Jon will be no longer and the man who will do what needs to be done will be reborn. 

I'd say he has to execute them. You can't have them in authority after what they did.

Also, shouldn't they be sealing up the tunnel? After the battle with the wildlings they acknowledged it should have been sealed. Now that the wildlings are on this side and it is death coming for them, you would think they would seal it.

20 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Also I can see Jon executing all the officers who did the stabbing. And the last will be Olly. He'll hesitate but he'll remember Maester Aemon's words (probably not meant in this context) "kill the boy and let the man be born" and finish the job. And with him killing Olly, the naive Jon will be no longer and the man who will do what needs to be done will be reborn. 

Because Jon is now seen as a god, a single stroke of Longclaw should be enough to execute all the mutineers at once. Mark my words. : - )

But yeah, Olly deserves no boy’s mercy and he knows it.  He acted as a man and so too must as a man die.  On their heads be it.

They will probably be executed, but I'm not sure by whom. Jon is not a member of Night's watch anymore. It depends on the new LC.

Unless the mutineers manage to escape and they make a stupid decision of making a desperate last stand. The wildlings will deal with them.

On 06/05/2016 at 1:43 PM, Ser Dong said:

I hear you. I've thought quite a bit about how Olly gets the hate (which I'm obviously guilty of as well) even though he's a little kid who has every right to hate the wildlings as any of us would in a similar situation. But he sold his soul when he stuck the knife in. If he would have sat there and sobbed while Jon was stabbed I still could have let that go.

He made that choice and between his disloyalty to Jon and "Thorne " apprenticeship, I say the hell with him

Also, like Bran and many of the adolescent actors he's growing up quick (seems to have gone from like 7 to 15 in two years) and his treacherous ways along with this arrogant teenage self righteousness makes him easier to dislike in my opinion. Much different cicumstances than when his character was first introduced to us.

Yeah I know. Still feel sorry for him. Other characters have done for heinous things though.

22 minutes ago, NedStark2013 said:

A wildling does not apologise they just r who they r.

Tormund: "I'm sorry I killed your momma and papa. But if its any consolation to ya, I didn't eat 'em."

On 5/6/2016 at 10:40 AM, jbob said:

They'll be sent North of the Wall. That would be good. I feel sorry Olly though. He didn't do anything that people wanted Davos to do to Mel after Shireen's death. Tormund should at least apologise for killing his parents for no reason before Olly gets executed.

Wasn't the whole point of bringing the wildlings south of the wall to avoid adding to the army of the dead? What's the point of sending the Others more meat for their army from your own ranks?

Off with their heads I say.

On May 6, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Ser Dong said:

I thought the Magnar killed Olly's patents, I may be wrong though.  

But, Jon had to suck it up and request men from the people who stabbed his brother, killed his father and his step mom.  In my opinion, Throne and Marsh, Olly and company are no better than the crows that kill the Old Bear.  

They committed treason, treason is punishable by death.  You can't send them to the wall, they are already nightswatch men.  They should lose their heads and it should be Longclaw that delivers the swing.

On 5/6/2016 at 11:43 PM, Ser Dong said:

I think a big part of the Olly hate is because he's coming across as so bigoted.

Hating Tormund and Ygrette for killing his parents? That's fine and valid. If Olly had stuck a knife in Tormund at the end of season five and said "For my parents" I don't think we'd be having this conversation even if it did lead to big problems between the Watch and the Wildlings.

But he didn't. Instead he hated people whose only crime was where they were born and who had nothing to with parents' deaths so much that he knifed a guy because wouldn't just leave those people (including non-combatants and children) to die.

Not to be too blatant about it, but Olly is basically espousing the position that because someone of African descent killed his parents, that ALL people of African descent deserve to die.

It's REALLY hard to feel sympathy for someone like that, regardless of their age.

If Jon only decides to execute one or two of them, I'm sure it'll be by beheading. But if he's executing all of them I don't think they'll go that route for the simple reason that six separate executions is much less dramatic than one execution where they all go at once.

Even if he's harder now, I don't see Jon going for burning at the stake (that puts him way too close to Ramsey territory). Hard means pragmatic not cruel. So if he's executing everyone who stabbed him I'm going to go with hanging. Its both visually dramatic and was also the traditional punishment for treason by non-nobles under medieval English common law (GRRM was originally going to have Jon hang Slynt for this reason but changed it to beheading because of how it better fit Jon's idealistic nature... hanging the traitors this time could be a way of showing his less idealistic and more pragmatic turn post-resurrection).

15 minutes ago, Myself656 said:

I think a big part of the Olly hate is because he's coming across as so bigoted.

Hating Tormund and Ygrette for killing his parents? That's fine and valid. If Olly had stuck a knife in Tormund at the end of season five and said "For my parents" I don't think we'd be having this conversation even if it did lead to big problems between the Watch and the Wildlings.

But he didn't. Instead he hated people whose only crime was where they were born and who had nothing to with parents' deaths so much that he knifed a guy because wouldn't just leave those people (including non-combatants and children) to die.

Not to be too blatant about it, but Olly is basically espousing the position that because someone of African descent killed his parents, that ALL people of African descent deserve to die.

This is the main reason why I hate Olly. The majority of people hate Olly simply cause he betrayed Jon. Most hated him cause Jon is their fan favorite, while for others is cause Jon treated him well, but Olly became an ungrateful bastard toward him. The latter is understandable, but for me, like you explained, is cause Olly is a bigot. His hatred for the people who killed his parents has extend toward the wildlings in general.

21 minutes ago, Myself656 said:

It's REALLY hard to feel sympathy for someone like that, regardless of their age.

True. If Olly is to be younger like Bran's age, then it's understandable cause children at that age don't know what it's feel like to be in someone's shoe and look from a different perspective. But if he's at his early adolescent, then it says a lot about how close-minded he is.

24 minutes ago, Myself656 said:

If Jon only decides to execute one or two of them, I'm sure it'll be by beheading. But if he's executing all of them I don't think they'll go that route for the simple reason that six separate executions is much less dramatic than one execution where they all go at once.

Even if he's harder now, I don't see Jon going for burning at the stake (that puts him way too close to Ramsey territory). Hard means pragmatic not cruel. So if he's executing everyone who stabbed him I'm going to go with hanging. Its both visually dramatic and was also the traditional punishment for treason by non-nobles under medieval English common law (GRRM was originally going to have Jon hang Slynt for this reason but changed it to beheading because of how it better fit Jon's idealistic nature... hanging the traitors this time could be a way of showing his less idealistic and more pragmatic turn post-resurrection).

As much as how I hate Olly, I felt that giving a harsh execution would be more crueler. We don't a cruel death for a child like him just so to applause the audience. That would demoralize the audience further. Imo, quick death would be fine like hang or beheading.

From Olly's perspective, Wildlings massacred his whole village and his parents. Wildings. Not a small skeleton group. Wildlings. He's a kid. I think it would be very difficult  for him not to be bigoted. It would also be pretty difficult to not be swayed by people who hate the Wildlings as well. Especially because he was taught that the job of the NW was to fight Wildlings. 

Now, that being said...yea he's getting hanged.

19 minutes ago, Petyr Targaryen said:

From Olly's perspective, Wildlings massacred his whole village and his parents. Wildings. Not a small skeleton group. Wildlings. He's a kid. I think it would be very difficult  for him not to be bigoted. It would also be pretty difficult to not be swayed by people who hate the Wildlings as well. Especially because he was taught that the job of the NW was to fight Wildlings. 

Now, that being said...yea he's getting hanged.

Thenns killed them, along with the free folk.   And while that may be more than Olly can forgive, it doesn't mean he gets to become a murderous turncloak.  Not to mention he grabbed a sword when Wun Wun, Tormund and co stormed the gates to take Throne and the traitors.  Everyone went quietly except Throne and Olly.  In fact Olly is worse because he was Jon's squire or whatever he was, he was whatever Jon was to the Old Bear.

I agree with the part about Olly being bigotted.  It was more than Tormund and a bunch of men coming through those gates.  It was women and children and the elderly as well, and he and Thorne and all the other traitors couldn't see past their own bigotry to see the real enemy was not the wildlings but the army of the dead.  I bet if they had been north of the wall with everyone else instead of all cozy at Castle Black and had seen what Jon and Edd and others had seen they may feel different, but then again, maybe not.  

16 hours ago, Mr Smith said:

Wasn't the whole point of bringing the wildlings south of the wall to avoid adding to the army of the dead? What's the point of sending the Others more meat for their army from your own ranks?

Off with their heads I say.

A couple more people isn't going to make much of a difference.

If I have my say, he will line up a few blocks,chop, chop chop, and then poke out Ollys eyes whilst screaming " give me those foreshadowing looks now, bitch"

But they'll probably go the whole messiah route... the lame mf:ers.

Archived