What I would like to see happen if The Hound Returns

13th Warrior

On 6 maja 2016 at 8:37 PM, Ser Gareth said:

I'm hoping he doesn't reappear in either.  GRRM & the show need to be cutting back on characters.  And not every character needs a full resolution.  I think the gravedigger possibility is a fitting open ended outcome for the Hound.

Sorry, he is coming back. Arya's long talk about him in the latest episode was serving this purpose.

Goes north, marries Sansa, adopts Arya, feeds Ramsay to his dogs allowing some cheesy dog joke from the writers, becomes the Lord of Winterfell. Nobody recognizes him (he is just a non-descript 'man', after all), the Crown also doesn't bother him because its power doesn't extend over KL anyway (and even there is quite weak). Meets Brienne, none of them remembers she almost killed him and that he isn't supposed to be in a fighting shape. Eats every fucking chicken in the area. Gets recognized by Mel as Azor Ahai because why not, is given a flaming sword (how symbolic!), with the help of Arya, Brienne and Pod defeats the White Walkers when they come at WF. Dany arrives, finishes off the rest, but dies in the process. Saint Tyrion arrives, notices that a dragon has three heads, so Sansa and the both of them, as her husbands, fit. But the White Walkers aren't there, so Tyrion takes Arya south and they reclaim IT, while Sandor and Sansa become the Wardens of the North. In Dorne a big volcano explodes and the whole country sinks underwater (how sad). I didn't include Jon in the story, but who cares about him.

Happy end.

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, Prince of the North said:

If Sandor battling with UnGregor would be due to his still wanting revenge, and nothing else, it would be cliche and boring.  But I'm saying I believe Martin will still have the battle but he'll "flip the script" on the all-important reasons for it.  I think Martin will do something different with the revenge trope here just as he's done so much different with so many other tropes.

I think GRRM's tropes are no different to anyone else's.  He is trading off purely on Eddard's death and has done since AGOT.  Other than that shock (which was well set up as most people believed Eddard to be the central good guy) there has been nothing unusual about what GRRM has done with other characters.

I certainly don't want that so called Cleganebowl to happen.

The High Sparrow might try to manipulate Sandor like all the other fools and try to tempt him with revenge.

I do not want that interesting character of Sandor getting wasted as tool of a religious fanatic, of a hypocrite who uses his ideology as power game like the High Sparrow does. That cunning seducer may fool Tommen and Lancel but Sandor? I would like to see Sandor find his own way, I would like to see him give up fighting with weapons though this does not mean I want to see him pray all day. I would like to see his atonement by fighting  for those he used to despise, the smallfolk and those who cannot defend themselves. But with words and actions, finding his own peace at the QI in the end. I don't mind if some darker characters survive as long as it is well written.

But I guess this is not going to happen. No peace but death for Sandor. I guess Sandor will indeed defend Arya, she is the person that counts for him, he respects her as an equal and not as little bird to protect. We hear of Sandor via Arya, not via Sansa. The younger sister is in a twisted way his soulmate and friend, respected without sexual undertones. Though if Sandor dies in the end Sansa may shed a tear or two while Arya will lose a friend.

I guess Sandor will be brave when he is most afraid and his probably badass death will involve overcoming his fear of fire and his arc will end with a tragic logic.

On 5/7/2016 at 7:58 PM, Karmarni said:

And from the books we know that Sansa thinks Sandor's kiss is the kind that happens in a "marriage bed." That's quite the kiss that girl has dreamed up. I can't see how a kiss that she's thought of over and over won't have any meaning. Of course it will.

Yeah, I liked the "one happy memory" bit, Rory plays the moment so well, Sansa is the one bright spot in his life, he's going to want to go to her. And Arya is going to want to go to Jon. I think they will meet up and head north.

https://romancingthecage.tumblr.com/post/89453434156

Their season 4, Sansa was the elephant in the room, as was Jon. There were repeated references to both. And then the final moments, Sandor's scene above, with his pretty sister moment, and Arya wanted to go to the Wall, to Jon.

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

There's a guy with spoilers and...

Reveal hidden contents

He said he heard nothing about it, and he was involved with the KL finale story.

When you say

Spoiler

he you mean the guy from the spoilers or The Hound? I don't want to know much about it...but if the Hound appears in the last episode....I'd like to know :)

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I don't know that he's in the finale, but I would sure bet that he is.

Reveal hidden contents

He's not in the KL story in the finale, my guess is he heads north.

Thanks!!!!!

2 hours ago, Kolx said:

Hopefully not clegane bowl because theres no way Robert Strong is losing that battle.

Almost certainly true, but you never know. He looks like Frankenstein's monster; maybe he moves like the Boris Karloff version!

I have zero doubts he is coming back and I'm really excited to see how they do it. I'm not opposed to Cleganebowl per se but it has to make sense and I do have some reservations...

1. I do not want to see Sandor become a religious zealot. Besides, he already has enough burns. He doesn't need a brand in the middle of his forehead.

2. He can't come back just to die (again-ish).

3. I don't see how it fits. In the books and on the show, he seemed SO remorseful at the end. After that, carrying on with some sort of vendetta against his brother and committing one of the ultimate sins of kinslaying seems like a giant step backwards for him. That said, I don't want him to become a total puss either. 

Archived