If Dany has 100k Dothraki, 10k Unsullied, and 3 dragons

16 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

At this point we could safely remove the Unsullied from the "threats" column, as they've proven to be about as useful as nipples on a breastplate (and viceversa).

They're pretty much the asoiaf version of the Banana Guards from Adventure Time, or that one wafer called James who kept dying on purpose. 

yeah TV unsullied sucks big time

book dany will have nearly half million soldiers

The only times we've seen the Unsullied fight, they kicked ass. I'll grant they make a poor security force, but that isn't what they were trained for.

The Dothraki would rip Westeros apart, as established in season 1 when both Jorah and King Robert said as much. Robert went so far as to point out how the Dothraki could handle castles. A single one vs one combat does not disprove this.

I really do not know what role the Dothraki play end game in Westeros. They rape, pillage take what they want and live off the land.

IF they arrive in Westeros (which I am not even sure they will) they will tear their own army apart.

Sure Daenerys will control them for a while, but what happens when she forbids raping, forcing them to marry etc.   She may be immune to fire, but I suspect a single Dothraki warrior can slice her open.  Sure she had dragons, but she has to step away from them at some point.

If they do arrive, she will be in the middle of all out war between the Others/WW and men.  How little will her throne matter then.  So she uses the Dothraki to push the others back (why would they want ot fight that battle... I guess because they like fighting?).  They will succeed, win the war and we will figure out the TRUE purpose of the WW, Wall and teh Nights Watch.

Jon will rejoin the NW, once again full of real knights be the 1000'th Lord commander, Dany will go back to Mereen seeing Westeros is not for her, and someone will become the King/Queen or to be totally honest, they go back to 7 kingdoms.   

Just saying, I really do not see the end game of bringing the Dothraki across the sea.  Sure they can fight, but you can not rule them AND the 7K.  The cultures are too different and if you side with one, the other will rebel.

The Reach army alone could take care of Dany's forces. The only thing Dany could have going for her is if her men accidentally take the Pale Mare with them.  

But then there won't be many subjects left to rule over. And even more fodder for the wight army.

2 hours ago, Xarkar said:

If they do arrive, she will be in the middle of all out war between the Others/WW and men.  How little will her throne matter then.

Hopefully, next episode, we will see a snippet of how the WW are going to play out via Bran - I'm still of the mind they will be on team Stark.

Also, re the throne, I'm pretty sure it will end up destroyed by Dany's hand.

1 hour ago, ummester said:

Hopefully, next episode, we will see a snippet of how the WW are going to play out via Bran - I'm still of the mind they will be on team Stark.

I agree with both of these statements, which makes me think that Jon is going to end up fighting Dany. Ice vs fire. Or maybe Jon is the key to peace, since he would be able to negotiate with the Others and also represent a continuation of the Targaryen lineage.

4 hours ago, blckp said:

white walkers can challenge her, aside from them i dont see anyone matching with dany in terms of power

How? It's already been established that the wights are highly flammable, and the Others seem to melt like Frosty the Snowman when exposed to dragon fire.

So basically, Dany could just unleash her dragons and sit back and have some tea while the wights stumble around setting each other on fire and the Others become the world's coldest swimming pool.

1 hour ago, ummester said:

I often wondered if Lightbringer is hidden amongst the swords in the iron chair and will be revealed when/if it is melted down by dragon fire...

Anyways, how busy has Nymeria been? Dire wolves eat horses so would be interesting to watch a huge pack mowing into the khalasar.

6 hours ago, Rubicante said:

Ramsay Bolton and his 20 good men can take on Dany and her army, even on a bad day.  They already snuck into Mereen and burned Dany's fleet without being seen by a single person.

:D:D:D

On topic: good points raised here. I personally have no clear idea of how the Dothraki will feature in the end game. But then again, no clear clue about the end game either. But I'm very curious to see and find out after being pleasantly surprised by the last episode.

6 hours ago, Vastet said:

The only times we've seen the Unsullied fight, they kicked ass. I'll grant they make a poor security force, but that isn't what they were trained for.

The Dothraki would rip Westeros apart, as established in season 1 when both Jorah and King Robert said as much. Robert went so far as to point out how the Dothraki could handle castles. A single one vs one combat does not disprove this.

You forgot to mention how easy it will be for the dothraki to do their mounted awesomeness in 2 meter high snow. Or how the Unsullied not feeling anything will also make them immune to cold. They will just own Westeros. Especially the North. As the Braavosi mercenary companies Stannis had in the previous season already proved.

I also don't see Dany taking all her dothraki to Westeros. The logistics alone are completely mad, and no way they'll go without horses. Even if she does manage to take them all, conquers Westeros and defeats the Others, how the hell is she going to keep the dothraki there (and in line) after the fighting is done?

Plus, if she hopes to feed over 100k men she's gonna need to storm castles, winter is on its way so all the lords are taking their food into their castles and cities. Using the dragons would be too risky because 1) They're not nearly as large as Aegon's and thus much more vulnerable to westerosi armies that, after the Conquest, know how to deal with dragons and 2) The dragons could end up burning all the food.

8 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

At this point we could safely remove the Unsullied from the "threats" column, as they've proven to be about as useful as nipples on a breastplate (and viceversa).

They're pretty much the asoiaf version of the Banana Guards from Adventure Time, or that one wafer called James who kept dying on purpose. 

:lol:

9 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Dothraki only know how to fight in a vast plain where they can ride their horses against non-heavyarmor opponents.

Dothraki can't siege a fort and can't fight a full plated knight. Their curved swords are useless against plate armor.

She can't control her dragons, not even one, that makes them useless and dangerous to her own soldiers.

She needs an experienced commander with a tactical mind to plan and organize the attacks.

10k Unsullied are pwned by Harpies with knives...

Oh, don't underestimate them, it all depends on the khal leading them. The Dothraki as useless as they seem completely destroyed the kingdom of Sarnor which had large plated armies, big fortified cities...

2 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

How? It's already been established that the wights are highly flammable, and the Others seem to melt like Frosty the Snowman when exposed to dragon fire.

So basically, Dany could just unleash her dragons and sit back and have some tea while the wights stumble around setting each other on fire and the Others become the world's coldest swimming pool.

Great. Now where exactly was it established that dragons can survive winters? or if they're even capable of throwing fire in a blizzard? :)

Just now, Bayard said:

Great. Now where exactly was it established that dragons can survive winters? or if they're even capable of throwing fire in a blizzard? :)

There was a theory that the Long Night was a response to the dragons that were 'everywhere once' - because dragons were just too powerful and unbalanced the world.

1 minute ago, ummester said:

There was a theory that the Long Night was a response to the dragons that were 'everywhere once' - because dragons were just too powerful and unbalanced the world.

I don't remember this... I guess, why not? Have you seen Elio's latest video on the gods? he goes the simpler route, of Children of the Forest.

15 minutes ago, Bayard said:

Oh, don't underestimate them, it all depends on the khal leading them. The Dothraki as useless as they seem completely destroyed the kingdom of Sarnor which had large plated armies, big fortified cities...

It also depends on the one defending against them. If those cities were overconfident about their chances and met them in the field they could have been crushed, and then slowly starved to death, or hold under siege until they surrendered. But every major city is preparing for a long winter and has supplies for years.

And winter is actually coming in Westeros. There won’t be any grass for the horses to eat. Dany will have to import hay from Essos each day only to keep a huge khalasar’s horses fed. Or huge amounts of grains, in a continent where they don’t have enough grains to feed the people.

Not to mention the fact hat snow will severely limit the tactics they can use in the field. They will also need warmer clothes, etc. Unless she gets some help from Dorne or other big Westeros powers, her conquest will fail. Even the Dorne armies aren’t prepared for arctic combat. She can get the Iron Throne, but she won’t be able to subdue the other great kingdoms.

Archived