Varys is the traitor!!!!!

goomba

Varys set up Dany to be poisoned in S1. This will be revealed soon to Dany and/or Tyrion. That red priestess knows about it. In the books, Varys is with FAegon, not exactly supporting Dany either.

38 minutes ago, CockroachCaptain said:

A nice wink at Varys' book allegiance, but there's no way they're taking us down that road this late in the Game.

More likely she's just having fun making him really uncomfortable.

I took it as if it was more of a wink to the show-Varys story.

In any case, Daenerys should really be asking herself who sent Jorah to do the things he did, for which he had to be killed if he wasn't such a beloved person for her.

I didn't take it to mean that Varys was helping the sons of the harpy but a hint that Varys has an additional agenda in addition to supporting Daenerys. Of course the whole anti magic angle which is one assumption can't work perfectly because Daenerys dragons are magic. But Varys definitely doesn't seem a fan of the red lord of light religion. If cutting his parts was due to a ritual of that religion in the show, he might get into conflict with this priestess.

27 minutes ago, Qhorin Halfhand and Yoren said:

I didn't take it to mean that Varys was helping the sons of the harpy but a hint that Varys has an additional agenda in addition to supporting Daenerys. Of course the whole anti magic angle which is one assumption can't work perfectly because Daenerys dragons are magic. But Varys definitely doesn't seem a fan of the red lord of light religion. If cutting his parts was due to a ritual of that religion in the show, he might get into conflict with this priestess.

A parallel between Davos and Varys then :)) 

17 hours ago, mediterraneo said:

I took it as if it was more of a wink to the show-Varys story.

In any case, Daenerys should really be asking herself who sent Jorah to do the things he did, for which he had to be killed if he wasn't such a beloved person for her.

Hm, hadn't thought of it that way. I just assumed since they weren't doing Young Griff that show-Varys was a Targ loyalist and that's why he kept tabs on her. So the question then is who has he been serving this whole time?

18 hours ago, tmug said:

Varys set up Dany to be poisoned in S1. This will be revealed soon to Dany and/or Tyrion. That red priestess knows about it. In the books, Varys is with FAegon, not exactly supporting Dany either.

She already knows. Jorah told her when he confessed to sending letters to Varys. This was in season 4. Tyrion spoke highly of Varys when he met Daenerys in season 5.

1 hour ago, RoamingRonin said:

She already knows. Jorah told her when he confessed to sending letters to Varys. This was in season 4. Tyrion spoke highly of Varys when he met Daenerys in season 5.

But Tyrion doesn't know who tried to poison Dany. I don't think it was Varys though, Jorah was sending letters to Varys maybe because the Spider wanted to make sure Dany is safe. It was the Harpy who tried to poison her. 

22 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

But Tyrion doesn't know who tried to poison Dany. I don't think it was Varys though, Jorah was sending letters to Varys maybe because the Spider wanted to make sure Dany is safe. It was the Harpy who tried to poison her. 

I think the attempted poisoning under discussion is the wine seller in the Western Market in Vaes Dorthrak, long before Mereen and the Harpy were on the scene. Also, the attempted poisoning in Mereen occurred in the book, but didn't make it into the show.

Varys was following orders. He sent the poisoner because the king and small council told him too. But he also sent Jorah word of what was going to happen hoping that if Jorah was true to Dany he could stop it. If Varys really wanted her dead, he would not have sent the warning to Jorah. Or am I misremembering things and the only thing Varys sent to him was a letter saying once she's dead he could come back home?

3 minutes ago, House Mosse said:

I think the attempted poisoning under discussion is the wine seller in the Western Market in Vaes Dorthrak, long before Mereen and the Harpy were on the scene. Also, the attempted poisoning in Mereen occurred in the book, but didn't make it into the show.

Then maybe it was Pyat Pree.

45 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Do you mean the locust or when she was pregnant with Rhaego?

Archived