An Old Foe Makes a Comeback

Naw, Pyat Pree got roasted and Xaro Xhoan Ducksauce was sentenced to death by SnuSnu. I think they're officially dead. Walder Frey seems like a logical choice. If this new trend continues, I expect we'll also see get to see him get kinslayed before the season's up.

11 hours ago, Jedi Renee said:

I'd love it to be this

Me too. I do not understand how they can skip the siege of Meereen, and yet find some impactful use for the Ironborn and Dothraki that are converging there.

But as others have pointed out, its probably Walder Frey. "Old" foe.

It´s Sandor. He´s been a foe since season 1 (since book one obviously too), although he may not be considered a foe by everyone.

He is thought to be dead, is healed, returns. Surprised to see Brienne return to the Riverlands so quickly, but hey, maybe she borrowed the jetpack from littlefinger.

Here´s hoping they split characters more. Davos goes south to see the Manderlys maybe as well. (Or one may hope).

But yeah, Brienne is going to recognize a grave-digger.

I say Walder Frey. If he knows what happened to his daughter and grandson he will be considered a foe to KL, and Ramasy. Walder not knowing who to trust. 

It also could be the Blackfish who is at Riverrun from what Sansa tells is in the eposide. He will make an apperance soon. But, so will the Hound soon.

Another possibility: Hizdahr zo Loraq. It is possible he faked his death, and that he has been behind the Sons of the Harpy.

I really do not believe that the big reveal for Sons of Harpy is that the slavers from other cities bankrolled them. That would be weak, ineffectual storytelling. Also, there was a scene where Tyrion and Varys were walking through Mereen and someone (a male with dark, curly hair) was spying on them. I'm sure that scene was there for a purpose.

The more likely candidate, I would agree, is Walder Frey. We know we're going to the Riverlands, and we know he's there, too.

9 hours ago, princess_snow said:

Me too, and I cant wait ! 

Out of all the dastardly characters on GOT, Walder Frey is the worst for me. No matter how else the books/show end, I'll be satisfied if he witnesses the complete destruction of his house at the hands of a Stark (or a Stark ally would be just as good) and knows it is due to the RW.

On 5/24/2016 at 4:50 AM, daemonTheBlack said:

- so says the synopsis.

Who is the Old Foe? Pyat Pree? Xaro Xhoan Daxos?

May be we will finally see the siege of Meereen and catch up with the books. I can not imagine Dany finally gathering that epic army and not destroying the slavers before sailing off to Westeros.

These two are still alive in the books, and I expect more of them in the forthcoming sixth book. I really wish this was a case in the show.

Do you really think Pyat Pree survived the dragon's fire in the House of the Undying, and that Xaro Ducksauce somehow miraculously got out from that treasure vault?

1 hour ago, Ashlesha said:

Foe to whom ?

This is what I been wondering, foe is subjective. In the game, a foe to one is a friend to another. Walder Frey is sort of an obvious choice I suppose, but only a foe to some people.

9 hours ago, mattnj81 said:

Out of all the dastardly characters on GOT, Walder Frey is the worst for me. No matter how else the books/show end, I'll be satisfied if he witnesses the complete destruction of his house at the hands of a Stark (or a Stark ally would be just as good) and knows it is due to the RW.

Yes a Stark would be preferable ! Extremely satisfying but Ill take whoever dishes it out. I do love the actor too tho hes is wonderful to watch - almost mesmerizing in anything he is in.

Westeros has many old foes:

1. The Faith Militant
  2. Internecine squabbles
  3. The Others
  4. Greyscale
  5. Winter, especially that of the Long Night
  6. Children of the Forest
  7. Dragons
  8. Oily black stones (heliotrope)
  9. Sunspears (more heliotrope)
  10. Valyrians (still more heliotrope)

I think it is Sandor Clegane. His return will probably what ends the episode. Then "The Broken Man" will have more details for us on him and how he is alive. I think the "old" part of that is to throw us off and think it is Walder Frey. We may even see him (Frey), too, early in the episode so that we dismiss the possibility of The Hound returning. I won't mind either way.

Archived