Discussing Sansa XXV: Who let the dogs out...

3 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

it's not bad writing, in next episode preview, she will tell him why she lied to him and acted without consultation

She will tell him why she kept the secret, but that does not necessarily mean that the reason she gives will be a character driven one.  She may well tell Jon one of the reasons that have been speculated about in this thread, and that reason would not match the character Sansa has been presented as.

I could be wrong.  She could have a great, in character, reason for lying to Jon, but based on the way the Northern plotline has been handled in the last half of the season, I am not hopeful.

2 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Man, from the preveiw, it's clear like the full moon in the sky, they will no forget or hide such thing from the veiwers, I will kill myself if they will not address this point :D

All that is said is "We have to trust each other, we have so many enemies" she even has a cold look of dismissal on her face

I think that means she will continue to lie to him and he will believe her

1 minute ago, Frejac said:

She will tell him why she kept the secret, but that does not necessarily mean that the reason she gives will be a character driven one.  She may well tell Jon one of the reasons that have been speculated about in this thread, and that reason would not match the character Sansa has been presented as.

I could be wrong.  She could have a great, in character, reason for lying to Jon, but based on the way the Northern plotline has been handled in the last half of the season, I am not hopeful.

No matter what reason Sansa gives, it was based entirely off the fact that Jon would have to run into a damn suicide mission first in order for her to achieve.

4 minutes ago, Frejac said:

she will tell him everything, it was a rocky start, they don't know each other very well, but they will go full trust after that

3 minutes ago, Frejac said:

I see no valid reason for lying to him. 

I see no valid reason why Jon would listen to her.

1 minute ago, SerMixalot said:

All that is said is "We have to trust each other, we have so many enemies" she even has a cold look of dismissal on her face

I don't know where this plot will go, but why bother lying? She has the Vale behind her. She could have immediately locked him up after the battle. 

4 minutes ago, Frejac said:

In my opinion she might tell him a reason that is convenient to her and manipulate Jon to kill LF for her. 

1 hour ago, FastestTurtle said:

You literally fight the shit out for your life and for something bigger.  Someone came in with the biggest intact army in all of Westeros at the last minute to turn the tide.  "Why the fuck couldn't you tell me the night before you could perhaps maybe get additional men a few hours after so we had a better chance?"

And of course, Jon had to be thinking: "What...AGAIN??"  Jon is the king of last minute troops saving his life...

3 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

I don't see the writers putting her in a betrayal position after what they did to her storyline in S5, Sansa storyline in S6 is the walk of shame of D&D

1 minute ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I don't see the writers putting her in a betrayal position after what they did to her storyline in S5, Sansa storyline in S6 is the walk of shame of D&D

They already admitted in an interview that Sansa lied because she does not trust Jon. Come to think of it... doesn't tha tmean she also lied to Brienne when she said she trusted Jon? (we know she doesn't)

They keep saying she is like her Mother. Trusting a Bastard was never going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I don't know where this plot will go, but why bother lying? She has the Vale behind her. She could have immediately locked him up after the battle. 

I can't say I have any idea what D&D are doing, but Sansa's actions this season were clearly nefarious.  I can see them doing a 180, there are some spoilers on this issue.  But one must remember with her arc this season is SHE pushed Jon to move against WF and all her subsequent actions in that regard are colored by that, i.e. she pushed Jon to do something and didn't give him all the facts/tools he could need to accomplish that.  Trust has nothing to do with that from Sansa's perspective.  If she wanted  him to succeed it makes no sense to hide anything from him.

Just now, DutchArya said:

They already admitted in an interview that Sansa lied because she does not trust Jon. 

They keep saying she is like her Mother. Trusting a Bastard was never going to happen.

the preview of episode 10 is literally showing that it will be a correction of their relationship after the rocky start

2 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

They already admitted in an interview that Sansa lied because she does not trust Jon. 

Trusted him enough to put her faith in him to capture WF, but not enough trust to tell him about the Vale Army? WHAT?

44 minutes ago, Ethan_Kanin said:

Yes and that shows how little D&D actually understand the characters in their own show. When I saw him looking at Sansa and stopping I thought it was because he realized that beating someone to death would not be something an honourable Stark would do. That would have fit his character. Him basically giving Sansa someone to torture is not something that Jon "wants-to-be-Ned-Stark" Snow would ever do.

After what Jon saw Ramsey do  to Rickon, you think he was really concerned with "honor"?  And Ned would have chopped off Ramsey's head immediately.

1 minute ago, Ross2013 said:

After what Jon saw Ramsey do  to Rickon, you think he was really concerned with "honor"?  And Ned would have chopped off Ramsey's head immediately.

I can understand why they did what they did. I just pointed out that going with the honorable and proper execution would have been much, much better for character development.

4 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

the preview of episode 10 is literally showing that it will be a correction of their relationship after the rocky start

A correction. Where did you get that from? It looks like Jon is being is usual trusting self. He values family, it's too bad he doesn't have Bran or Arya with him. - Someone he can truly trust. Plus the meeting with LF seems ominous. The Vale will not follow Sansa and she and Jon need them. She promised him a reward for coming through in the battle. Right now, HE has the upper hand because she chose to lie to her family. 

1 minute ago, Ethan_Kanin said:

I can understand why they did what they did. I just pointed out that going with the honorable and proper execution would have been much, much better for character development.

I hear you, but they've already done the whole Jon being the "honorable" executioner a couple of time.  No need to see it again.  This was about showing how twisted Sansa is becoming.  Maybe she will adopt the dogs...

2 minutes ago, Ross2013 said:

I hear you, but they've already done the whole Jon being the "honorable" executioner a couple of time.  No need to see it again.  This was about showing how twisted Sansa is becoming.  Maybe she will adopt the dogs...

That's why I wanted Sansa to do it. It would have been more empowering to her (something that D&D appearantly want). Would have loved for her to take the high road but alas we get what we get.

1 minute ago, DutchArya said:

A correction. Where did you get that from?

from the preview, it's showing literally Jon forgiving Sansa, she lied to him and she saved him, they are cool after that

3 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

She promised him a reward for coming through in the battle. Right now, HE has the upper hand because she chose to lie to her family.

there is no reward, LF knows that Cersei has lost all her powers in KL and the faith is taking over the crown, taking lands or positions will not change anything for LF, he will make a coalition with the starks and go back to the Vale

Archived