Discussing Sansa XXV: Who let the dogs out...

8 minutes ago, Risto said:

Oh, LF has Vale under his sleeve, he doesn't need North. But, a marriage to his mini-Cat? That is another story. There is a prize and Sansa did promise a reward. LF will collect her. Preview for episode 10 even suggests that.

Yes, I'm with you on that, he will demand marraige with Sansa until Bran sends the white raven to warn them :D

15 minutes ago, Risto said:

Oh, LF has Vale under his sleeve, he doesn't need North. But, a marriage to his mini-Cat? That is another story. There is a prize and Sansa did promise a reward. LF will collect her. Preview for episode 10 even suggests that.

Oh, please no. That would be too much. I hope you're wrong.

29 minutes ago, Risto said:

Again, it is not about mistrust, it is about independence

The kind of persons like Sansa have a name, they called this type of personality : "practical person", they don't give a damn about anything, they do whatever is needed to reach their goals, exactly like LF, he's a "practical person"

5 minutes ago, SixFeetUnder said:

Anyone notice that Sansa rides off before 

Ramsey mentions his dogs being hungry. But she quotes that in the end. 

Jon could have told her before she went to the kennel. Seems like he was in on the whole feed him to the hounds plot.

i simply do not understand Sansa's motivations for not informing the others about Arryn troops. Twice now she simply kept the information to herself. I agree with other posters that Jon et al should be livid with her. 

Could it be that eventually Jon (as Azor Ahai) temper Lightbringer with Sansa (Nissa Nissa)?

2 minutes ago, RedSwordBlueEyes said:

i simply do not understand Sansa's motivations for not informing the others about Arryn troops. Twice now she simply kept the information to herself. I agree with other posters that Jon et al should be livid with her. 

No one knows, but I've seen the ep 10 preview and I think that her motivations will be revealed next week in her discussion with Jon

1 hour ago, Maid So Fair said:

Fair enough and likewise :cheers:.

I love Sansa in the books and I'll continue cheering for her and I'll probably fist pump Sandra when/if she deals with LF like she dealt with Ramsay but apart from that I can no longer root for the show version. :(

Id love to see this happen

I also find it hilarious how the fanbase refuses to let Lyanna Mormont 'Sandra' mistake go.:laugh:

She was terrific, and I hope Littlefinger is next. She needs to put him in his place. 

Also, I'm a little nervous because I think she's pregnant... God I hope she kills that baby. (too much? I'm sorry.)

5 minutes ago, missingm said:

My favorite part was when she started to leave the cage but then peaked back in for a few more seconds. 

Exactly... Although camera focusing on her while Vale soldiers are riding behind her was also awesome.

21 minutes ago, Darksky said:

If independence means being able to make decisions that are detrimental to her own cause and that of people who support her then she shouldn't be given that. 

Detrimental? If she had not promised reward to LF, there would be no Jon Snow, or her, or anyone of those 3000 people.

35 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

Oh, please no. That would be too much. I hope you're wrong.

Unfortunately that preview went in that direction.

34 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

The kind of persons like Sansa have a name, they called this type of personality : "practical person", they don't give a damn about anything, they do whatever is needed to reach their goals, exactly like LF, he's a "practical person"

Yeah, not so much. Sansa is not that practical, and she is not some Machiavellian type. She does what she needs to do, same as Jon. She does care for Rickon, but he is beyond her saving. She does care for Jon, which is why she warned him. When she speaks about WF, it is about "our" home, "our" family. So, yeah, she does what needs to be done, but she is far from being LF 2.0. 

4 minutes ago, Risto said:

Yeah, not so much. Sansa is not that practical, and she is not some Machiavellian type. She does what she needs to do, same as Jon. She does care for Rickon, but he is beyond her saving. She does care for Jon, which is why she warned him. When she speaks about WF, it is about "our" home, "our" family. So, yeah, she does what needs to be done, but she is far from being LF 2.0.

My friend, "practical" doesn't mean "machiavellian", "practical" mean doing things in the limit of morality, she lied to him for the greater good, and it doesn't matter because sooner or later Jon will know about it, she did that to help him, and he will understand what she did, and the ep 10 preview it's clear that he understood her decision and they went "we cool, bro"

I'm quite astounded that there are people who think that Sansa telling the truth about the Vale forces would not have made a difference.

Thousands (if not tens of thousands) of fresh, well-armed and provisioned heavy-horse and infantry willing to help, and that doesn't make a difference? If that does not make a difference in battle what does?

Sansa straight out lied, and kept that precious information from Jon and the people who put their lives on the line for what's left of House Stark. Not once, but certainly more than twice. Her specific motives are unclear at the moment, but the interpretation of her methods can go both ways. And I for one do not like her one bit after this episode.

In terms of battle, the positive results that came out (if we can count Jon nearly dying and hundreds of good men dying needlessly good) were due to sheer luck. If the Vale cavalry's charge was a bit too late, or if Ramsay simply had the sense to use a reasonable battle array from the beginning all would have been lost. There was really nothing that can be said to be 'for the greater good' on Sansa's part. Perhaps a lot that can be said 'for Sansa's good'. 

Her feeding Ramsay to the hounds was satisfying though, that much I do agree.

13 minutes ago, DeGavph said:

I'm quite astounded that there are people who think that Sansa telling the truth about the Vale forces would not have made a difference.

Thousands (if not tens of thousands) of fresh, well-armed and provisioned heavy-horse and infantry willing to help, and that doesn't make a difference? If that does not make a difference in battle what does?

the people who said that didn't see episode 9 for sure :D

2 hours ago, Risto said:

The problem here is that they needed Gandalfian moment for LF which means that Sansa's mouth will be kept shut for no apparent reason. It's not because she doesn't trust him, she does, it is because forces stronger than either of them (the plot) demanded her silence. I agree she had no reasons, I agree that it was pointless. But, at the end, it was the plot that demanded it.

I would agree if they hadn't specifically had Brienne ask Sansa why she didn't tell Jon about LF's offer if she trusts him- she was implying she doesn't. Sansa didn't answer her but the look on her face spoke for itself IMO. 

And this was all after LF's little jab about the army being Jon's not Sansa's and him only being her half-brother. My interpretation is that this little manipulation by LF worked. Makes me scared for what Sansa may or may not agree to when she meets with LF in the finale. 

Edit: I have no problem with what she did to Ramsay, though. 

Archived