Discussing Sansa XXV: Who let the dogs out...

2 minutes ago, AryaSansa said:

I think the obvious reason Sansa didn't tell Jon was that if she did, the show audience would know, and the writers wanted to keep it a surprise.

And there is that. They wanted Gandalfian/Rohanian arrival and they were ready to push their luck with that.

24 minutes ago, Rupert Honeybun said:

A lot of people probably cheered at Ramsay's death, which is bizarre to me personally, but I understand cheering for an evil characters death. What I don't understand is Sansa smiling at murdering someone.

This someone has caused insane amounts of pain for countless people, I fully understand her smiling about his death.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Offering a prize to LF if he comes. Once again. that help didn't come without cost. And Sansa had every right to make independent decision about it.

No she did not. She has been the one complaining about not being included. In battle where people are trusting each others with their lives, it is very necessary to be transparent and include everyone in the decision and the decision put to vote

13 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

This someone has caused insane amounts of pain for countless people, I fully understand her smiling about his death.

Except that is not how people react in real life. The emotion you feel comes from your own conscience and not from the other's action. You are justified in feeling anger and wanting revenge. Smiling like a psycho and enjoying the moment is generally not what a normal human being does when killing someone brutally

4 minutes ago, Banjo said:

No she did not. She has been the one complaining about not being included. In battle where people are trusting each others with their lives, it is very necessary to be transparent and include everyone in the decision and the decision put to vote

So, Jon listened to Sansa's advice and wasn't provoked by Ramsay? He actually listened to what she said and acknowledged it? No, he didn't. This entire episode was "No, Sansa, I know better" from Jon and then proving that he really doesn't know better. At last, if someone's choice of partner for the rest of the life is on stake, said person has every right to make that decision alone. 

Honestly, no one condemned Arya for being resilient to marrying a Frey when that happened in the books. 

10 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

That's fine, we all have varying levels of empathy. However I was of the opinion Sansa was a different character, this sudden outburst of cruelty surprised me more than the arrival of the Vale army (xD).

So this is the Sansa of the show now, burn it into your heads. The girl who had nightmares about Joffrey's horrible death, the girl who would always stay true to herself despite the abuses she suffered, has finally been broken by Ramsay. She stooped to her abusers level, fed him to his dogs and took glee in it. RIP Sansa. Hail Sandra Stark - the new villain.

Don't get me wrong I think she had the most reasons to want Ramsay dead, along with Theon. I simply had the audacity to think she was better than that, but I guess this is what passes as female empowerment these days. Courtesy of Dumb and Dumber.

7 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Is this thread only positive?  I think what Sansa did stinks.  Knowing all those men went to their death until her little plan came true just stinks.  If she had told Jon, perhaps they could have waited until LF showed up.  Or stalled.  Or at the very least they could have included the Vale army into their war plans.  And I particularly liked when she got all hissy that Jon wasn't including her in the war plans, and when he did, she had nothing to offer.  She wanted revenge more than anything and was willing to sacrifice others, even JON, who was fighting for her, to get her way.  

Again, if this thread is only YAY Sansa, I apologize and bow out. 

I am so glad I'm not the only one who is absolutely furious at Sansa. I'm glad she got revenge on Ramsey, but withholding that information was incredibly stupid. 

16 minutes ago, Banjo said:

Except that is not how people react in real life. The emotion you feel comes from your own conscience and not from the other's action. You are justified in feeling anger and wanting revenge. Smiling like a psycho and enjoying the moment is generally not what a normal human being does when killing someone brutally

Spend a couple of years in the marines and see if you still think people are this pure.

8 hours ago, Pandean said:

Before the episode I turned to my friend and said "All my prayers will be answered if Sansa lets loose Ramsey's dogs on him and he dies by them"

AND IT HAPPENED

I am like basking in the afterglow of that cartharsis right now

I really do wish Jon & the Gang would've listened to her to begin with. She ultimately was right about Ramsey. I can kind of see the intelligence behind keeping the Vale soldiers a secret....Jon definitely underestimated Ramsey and so did Davos. They did the best they could, but Sansa did better.

I'm a little worried about what the "I'll always be a part of you" line means. I'm hoping it's just a "I'll always be inside your head" and not a SANSA IS PREGGERS!!!!

But I have to say, my, how Sansa has grown from S1E1.

Very pleased Sansa got the last laugh and the hounds received a meal!

I think people must get used to the the notion of 'Team Stark', I think that each stark was on his own and now it's time for regrouping, Arya is coming from Braavos and Bran from the north and they will form the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' of westeros,  we will see them as one entity

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

No, she didnt, thats why I find all this hate astonishing.

Precisely.  Is anyone blaming Jon for losing his head and blindly rushing in when he saw Rickon?  How many fighters did they lose as a result of not sticking to their battle plans?  But no, let's just blame Sansa for everything.

49 minutes ago, tinka10 said:

I am so glad I'm not the only one who is absolutely furious at Sansa. I'm glad she got revenge on Ramsey, but withholding that information was incredibly stupid. 

She didn't trust Jon, this was said multiple times by the actors and D&D, from the point of view of the viewer like you and me we all know that Jon is trustworthy and good man, but from her point of view, she didn't see him in years and she didn't know what he became so she didn't trust him

1 minute ago, Future Null Infinity said:

She didn't trust Jon, this was said multiple times by the actors and D&D, from the point of view of the viewer like you and me we all know that Jon is trustworthy and good man, but from her point of view, she didn't see him in years and she didn't know what he became so she didn't trust him

I think people are missing the point here. It is not that Sansa doesn't trust Jon per se, it is that she wants to make certain choices on her own. She knows what is on stake here and she was the one who made a choice about her future that ultimately helped Jon. It is not about complete lack of trust, it's about making oneself independent. 

8 minutes ago, storm.131 said:

Precisely.  Is anyone blaming Jon for losing his head and blindly rushing in when he saw Rickon?  How many fighters did they lose as a result of not sticking to their battle plans?  But no, let's just blame Sansa for everything.

Exactly. We can't measure how much damage Sansa's silence caused, but we have seen what Jon's mistake caused.

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Okay, we're not gonna agree on this.

Still think you're cool though.

Fair enough and likewise :cheers:.

I love Sansa in the books and I'll continue cheering for her and I'll probably fist pump Sandra when/if she deals with LF like she dealt with Ramsay but apart from that I can no longer root for the show version. :(

19 minutes ago, Risto said:

I think people are missing the point here. It is not that Sansa doesn't trust Jon per se, it is that she wants to make certain choices on her own. She knows what is on stake here and she was the one who made a choice about her future that ultimately helped Jon. It is not about complete lack of trust, it's about making oneself independent. 

I think that she didn't trust him because she don't know him well and more than that a girl in medieval era have no opinion between men, I think by that move (not telling him) she wanted to tell him "you see, I can help even I'm a girl!!!"

It definitely is a question of trusting Jon. If not then what was the point of LF correcting Sansa and saying "half-brother"? He got inside her head with that, it was plain as day.

Then of course in the trailer for next episode Jon even tells Sansa "We need to trust each other". Why would he feel the need to say that if he felt Sansa trusted him fully?

Also the scene with Brienne after Sansa lied to Jon. She had no answer when Brienne asked why she lied, it was just silence. It was obvious that she didn't trust him then and it's even more obvious now. 

Archived