[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

This.

The Walking Dead is better at characterization than Game of Thrones. Sesame Street is better at characterization than Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones main characters are empty shells. Where's Jaime's character development? He is the same as he was in season one, and he's a prop for Cersei. Ditto for Sansa, she's a blow up doll, an interchangeable female unit, who changes in every scene. Both of these main characters are completely gutted.

The TWD main characters at least seem somewhat real. Rick and Carl love each other, for example. There's actually a concept of honor and love on the show, that's not mocked as stupid. Women are empowered in more genuine ways, rather than blow up doll women on top. On GoT, if a brother shows love for another brother (Jon for Rickon), he's presented as stupid. They don't bother with characterization, nor honor or love, unless to mock it.

Exactly

13 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

If anyone here in this fine thread is interested, here is a survey being done by a group of people in regards to the show. This came through to me from Radio Westeros because I follow them somehow... (remember, I am a luddite :lol:)

• We want to know.  We are a team of researchers – and fascinated followers of the series – who want to know something before we too die…  We want to understand what it is about this show that people of different kinds love, and cannot let go.  Or what has annoyed some people, and upset them.  Will you help us, please, by completing our survey – and telling other people about it? 

http://www.questeros.org/Default

Thanks for the link, TFL!  Just finished and it was a lot of fun to fill out!:thumbsup:  I wonder if and hope we'll get to see results but...

40 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Thanks for the link, TFL!  Just finished and it was a lot of fun to fill out!:thumbsup:  I wonder if and hope we'll get to see results but...

I was hoping to see the results as well. I'm gonna track it as best I can and if I ever find anything, or if anyone else does, they will be shared here. 

I had a GRAND ol' time filling it out :D

Battle of the Bastards commentary. So they kept talking about Jon and Sansa as brother and sister. Not on good terms, too.

Sapochnik (director): a fraternal scene... the last episode is the beginning of a potential split between these two characters

Turner: it was so good to yell at Kit... you do feel like an irritating shorter older brother... I like the way they inserted all those feelings of resentment... there was that one nice scene in front of the fire, but even there they were battling...

Harington: we pretty much grew up together... our relationship is quite sibling-esque... so it helps playing siblings... they didn't like each other growing up, they didn't see eye to eye... she always felt like he was an intruder, he always felt like she was stuck up

7 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

This title is just ridiculous, it has nothing to do with Emilia, but with the wording itself. Besides that, we've seen both Kit and Emila in sex scenes before (separately). What about others? I want to see naked Rory McCann:D seriously.

But there is still s8 to come, which must have some content besides  battle with the WWs. How long can a battle take, one-two episodes? Judging from tBoB 1 episode is a lot. So I think that Jonerys isn't here to stay.

Why do they do this to us? So many storylines got cut to give us MissWorm?

5 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

I'll second that. Let Sansa have her love story, finally.

It's just there to shock, the last scene, did they go there? Yes, they did. I think if it was to stay, they'd have held off until season 8. Or at least here's hoping.

Yeah, two minor characters get a love story. Because with very little time left, why not.

I agree that the entire "sexiest women in the world" thing is ridiculous, same goes for the "sexiest man in the world" title.

Maybe I formulated it wrong, I just wanted to state what I think the showrunner's and HBO's reasoning will be.

The writers have turned GoT into a Hollywood story and Dany and Jon are chlichee Hollywood characters on the show. A large part of the audience likes the characters, though and seems to have no problem with GoT turning into that kind of story. What's the next thing to do if you want to tell a typical Hollywood story? Let the hero and the heroine fall for each other. Now you have two actors whom at least a part the audience finds sexy? Good give them sex scenes.... 

6 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Taking time for Ramsay and Myranda, and Missandei and Grey Worm, just makes the mess they've made of the book romances worse. But hey, there was Trystane and Myrcella. Tommen and Margaery. Shae really lurves Tyrion. Asha lost Qarl, replaced with a sex slave. And who could forget their showcase fauxmance, Robb and Talisa.

And this season, there's Dany and Jon incest, because, boat sex. And of course, Jaime and Cersei incest, because, incest. Jaime shoving aside the White Book in season 4 to fuck his sister was bad enough, but now they have extended it through season 7 of 8. And another incest baby! Because three weren't enough.

I agree completely and due to this I'm not sure if we'll get SanSan. I haven't spend much time on the shipping threads, but IRRC the show has cut several things that point towards this relationship in the books like the Unkiss. And they've done something similar with other relationships from the books. Even the non-romantic ones like the relationships between the Starks siblings/ cousins. Instead they've spend time on invented relationships why should this change now? 

@Ashes Of Westeros : Apologies for the bad quality of the video. I couldn't find something better, but here's an at least mostly naked (of course they can't show everything in the advertisement) Rory McCann for you :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCGk_k_lQm4

6 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Yeah. They even ruined one of the best minor characters from ADWD in Wyman Manderly. 

IMO they've ruined pretty much the entire Northern Storyline and every character in it plus two characters that are not supposed to be in that storyline (Sansa and LF). And it was my faovourite storyline in ADWD.

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Battle of the Bastards commentary. So they kept talking about Jon and Sansa as brother and sister. Not on good terms, too.

Sapochnik (director): a fraternal scene... the last episode is the beginning of a potential split between these two characters

Turner: it was so good to yell at Kit... you do feel like an irritating shorter older brother... I like the way they inserted all those feelings of resentment... there was that one nice scene in front of the fire, but even there they were battling...

Harington: we pretty much grew up together... our relationship is quite sibling-esque... so it helps playing siblings... they didn't like each other growing up, they didn't see eye to eye... she always felt like he was an intruder, he always felt like she was stuck up

Whenever I think it can't get worse, we get stuff like this...

2 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

Oo, me, too!

Same here. 

38 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I agree completely and due to this I'm not sure if we'll get SanSan.

I think he's going there in the books and they'll (poorly) match that. I put a bunch of show scenes in my profile, I think they are going there on the show, too.

I'm prepared to be all kinds of disappointed in the show, I have no expectations at all, and if we had the books, I wouldn't even bother with the show.

I am just tired of waiting for the book series to wrap up.

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I think he's going there in the books and they'll match that. I put a bunch of show scenes in my profile, I think they are going there on the show, too.

Ah thank you for the refresher. 

6 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I'm prepared to be all kinds of disappointed in the show, I have no expectations at all, and if we had the books, I wouldn't even bother with the show.

Same here. I think that's how many of us feel. 

With the recent news that the "big 5" are making now 1.1 million per episode that they are in, I think, ironically, they are going to dominate most scenes in the last 13 episodes of this show. All others are there to support them. Sad really, Tyrion and Cersie, at least in my opinion, are long overdue their departure. I am curious what the entire cast makes per episode, just curious.

On a side note, Maise has probably been getting screwed on her pay.

5 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

With the recent news that the "big 5" are making now 1.1 million per episode that they are in, I think, ironically, they are going to dominate most scenes in the last 13 episodes of this show. All others are there to support them. Sad really, Tyrion and Cersie, at least in my opinion, are long overdue their departure. I am curious what the entire cast makes per episode, just curious.

On a side note, Maise has probably been getting screwed on her pay.

I doubt that Cersei and Jaime will be in all 13 episodes, but yeah I agree abou the rest. The last report said that they "only" get 500.000 per episode. 

Agree about Maise. I would be interested in knowing how much she and Sophie get. 

16 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Oh, my. Cersei until the bitter end, then. They'll fight the white walkers, then her. I bet in the books, she's knocked out early. Or at least I hope so. Her expiration date is up. Ditto for Littlefinger but looks like that may be coming to an end, he'll fizzle out instigating a cat fight. Oh, sorry, lanna fight.

5 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I doubt that Cersei and Jaime will be in all 13 episodes, but yeah I agree abou the rest. The last report said that they "only" get 500.000 per episode. 

Agree about Maise. I would be interested in knowing how much she and Sophie get. 

I would think that they have to scale up pay for that second tier, Sophie, Maise, Issac (now that he is back), Aiden (ughh), Alfie (best actor on show), Conleth and hey, Dame Dianna, why not?

4 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, my. Cersei until the bitter end, then. They'll fight the white walkers, then her. I bet in the books, she's knocked out early. Or at least I hope so. Her expiration date is up. Ditto for Littlefinger but looks like that may be coming to an end, he'll fizzle out instigating a cat fight. Oh, sorry, lanna fight.

Yeah, they are prolonging her on this show past usefulness, LF and the Imp too. Books, they have their cards to play yet, especially LF, hate the character but in the books he atleast has a logical card or two in his hands. In this show, nothing left. The Imp sucks. Got second Emmy for " I am the Gift " and nominated last year for "I dring and know things". He has become the "Gratuitous Dude-Bro". Enough already, cut off his fucking head!  Just for shocks...... :lol:

8 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Why do they do this to us? So many storylines got cut to give us MissWorm?

Because I'm guessing that GW is set to die this season, so you know their usual strategy - give a "touching" moment to a character before killing them.

It's like they're not even trying at this point. I don't blame them though,when people are eagerly willing to gobble up and praise whatever crap you dish out, why should you take any effort?

Oh, my... looks like the whole season is The Jon and Dany Show featuring The Great Wight Hunt and Exhibition and Epic Boat Sex, with Cersei's Baby and Littlefinger's Cat Fight on the side.

(It's like they asked themselves, what does everyone want to see? Let's show anything but that. And let's throw in some MissWorm, too.)

18 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Oh, my... looks like the whole season is The Jon and Dany Show featuring The Great Wight Hunt and Exhibition and Epic Boat Sex, with Cersei's Baby and Littlefinger's Cat Fight on the side.

Nice titles!

We'll also get the meeting of Jorah the Explorer with Sam the Slayer. At least they bother to bring Jeor up again, but I wonder why Jorah got greyscale in the first place when it will be easily cured. Just to give him something to worry about? Though I must say that the Oldtown storyline sounds less terrible than many other storylines which doesn't mean much, but still maybe I'll be looking forward to seeing Sam and Gilly this year...

The Cat Fight in the North sounds terrible. It was one of the things I hoped wouldn't turn out to be true.

On 11/17/2016 at 5:22 PM, Darkstream said:

:o What? Is this for real? I would be less shocked if you told me...oh I don't know...that Donald Trump was elected as the president of the United States, or something like that.

I wouldn't even consider her to be in the top five sexiest women on GoT, let alone alive.

Here is the #1 sexiest woman alive. Emilia who?

http://www.blastr.com/2016-11-16/every-thundercats-action-figure-ranked

Archived