Long may she reign!

4 hours ago, adiman83 said:

Agreed. By burning the Sept, and screwing over the Tyrells in the process, she basically handed over the Seven Kingdoms to Dany. Wrapped like a Christmas present.

I wouldn't expect Dany to be very well liked either though.

When she shows up with Iron Born raiders and a dothraki horde I have a feeling that it will take all of 30 seconds for everyone in Westeros to really fucking hate her.

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

The Lannisters are not in the line of succession at all. Cersei seized the throne because she could not because she had any claim to it.

One of Tywin's great-great-grandparents married a sibling of a Targaryen king.  The Lannister branch in the succession would come after the Baratheon branch has died out.

I loved seeing the High Sparrow and the faith militant get theirs, and knowing that tall Septa is going to be tortured by Gregor, I hated her so much. In that aspect I have been cheering for Cersei, but now that she has taken the crown I can go back to hating her.

2 minutes ago, WightsOfPassage said:

One of Tywin's great-great-grandparents married a sibling of a Targaryen king.  The Lannister branch in the succession would come after the Baratheon branch has died out.

Nope, nothing of this sort ever happened.

16 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

When she shows up with Iron Born raiders and a dothraki horde I have a feeling that it will take all of 30 seconds for everyone in Westeros to really fucking hate her.

It depends on what condition Westeros is in when she arrives. And considering the incoming White Walker army from the North, they might quickly start to see her as a saviour rather than a conqueror. But I guess we'll see next season. 

Cersei will have to flee to Casterly Rock and quickly unless the show leaves a huge plot hole. Remember that it was only food from Highgarden that kept KL from famine. Presumably that road is closed forever so famine will return and with the North again unified Casterly Rock is again vulnerable. Of the great houses remaining only the Hightowers are undeclared and there is no reason for them to support Cersei who not only is known and hated as being ambitious, cruel, and incompetent has the added problem of being female. She'll likely burn KL as she leaves though as Dany's visions showed her walking the ruins of the throne room with snow on the ground.

3 minutes ago, adiman83 said:

It depends on what condition Westeros is in when she arrives. And considering the incoming White Walker army from the North, they might quickly start to see her as a saviour rather than a conqueror. But I guess we'll see next season. 

True. And I think that even without the walkers she will be treated like a savior at first because of the political conflicts. However, there is a zero percent chance that the dothraki will be able to live in westeros without eventually bringing ire and hatred on dany.....

Furthermore: the dany we get in the show is foolish, immature, without honor or scruples and has leadership abilities that are on par with hodors ability to do trigonometry.

She is, quite simply, the most dangerous bad guy in the series.

{Raising my glass to Jamie killing her a la the Mad King after he finds out about Tommen} Anyone else get the feeling this was a long game for her? Like Cersei knew Tommen was so unstable after conversion to the Seven and watching from his window (as long as she had UnMountain keep him in his room) he might jump after his Margarey? Her behavior at his body with Qyburn was unlike Mycella and Joffrey's, like she knew it could happen. And...it was her long game to take the Throne from her own son. 

The Mad Queen has finally arrived! I love that the death of Tommen is the catalyst that strips her of whatever redeeming qualities she might have possessed. Now she is in full on super villain mode and I love it. The look of sheer delight on Cersei's face when she was watching her wildfire plot unfold was so entertaining.

Look for Cersei to be even more paranoid and unforgiving in season 7. She will have a bunker mentality like Aerys did. She will not leave the Red Keep out of paranoia just like the Mad King. She will become dangerously unstable, cruel and untrusting of everyone just like the Mad King. The writ of her power really will only cover the city and she will depend on Jaime in her hour of need and he will turn his back on her or kill her to stop her reign of terror/destruction of the entire city.

3 hours ago, YOVMO said:

I thought the Dothraki stayed behind with Daario and the Second Sons.

12 minutes ago, middle-aged griff said:

I thought the Dothraki stayed behind with Daario and the Second Sons.

I do not think this is the case. However, I have been wrong before. I am fairly certain that they went with her though.

10 hours ago, Rex2G said:

It was a bit queer to see Qyburn crown Cersei and declare her Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. By what right? Do the people of King's Landing even know his name, or his role in the Red Keep?

If you look closely in that scene, Qyburn was wearing the Hand's badge. It's not as if the High Septon or Grand Maester are an option.,

On 6/27/2016 at 0:29 PM, amyzing1 said:

{Raising my glass to Jamie killing her a la the Mad King after he finds out about Tommen} Anyone else get the feeling this was a long game for her? Like Cersei knew Tommen was so unstable after conversion to the Seven and watching from his window (as long as she had UnMountain keep him in his room) he might jump after his Margarey? Her behavior at his body with Qyburn was unlike Mycella and Joffrey's, like she knew it could happen. And...it was her long game to take the Throne from her own son. 

Not really. She behaved that way at his body because she felt that his death was inevitable. She as much told Jaime that she expects Tommen to die soon because of prophecy and she kind of started keep herself at distance from him so it wouldn't hurt as much, so by the time he dies, she goes, as I expected, NEXT. You may notice that she from the time she of Myrcella funeral,  Cersei behaved very distant and cool towards Tommen, you see it when he apologized to her and asks for help being stronger, she went "yes, sure, whatever". She already knows that Tommen as good as dead and she just tries to keep herself apart as not to get too close to him.

So, I doubt she purposely did anything to hurt Tommen, she had Mountain stop him from getting near the sept, after all. She just didn't consider that he might kill himself, she always assumed that someone will kill him.

Archived