kairparavel

Makeup VI : SPFantastic

205 posts in this topic

I am not sure what local conditions are like for you, but with the turn of the season my hair and skin freak out. So...maybe it's not the oil-cleansing method that's causing your hair to be really dry? Also, some oils are harsher on your skin than others and can eventually over-dry. I can't remember which ones though.

Yeah, it could be, but our autumn is so mild its hard to believe, and the rains haven't really started yet. It's been 18-25 degrees day and night all month. I might need to get more sophisticated with the oil-cleanse, because it is more pleasant than using soap for me (today I just did nothing and it seems to have balanced out a bit and my face feels normal) and I've just been using olive oil so far. I may need to try the more astringent types. The hair, alas, I think I'm giving up on at the moment. I've tried quitting shampoo a few times before, and either I'm doing it wrong, or it just benefits from being washed. (I only shampoo once every 4-5 days though.)

Yeah I can't do no-shampoo, but I have weaned myself off my previous frequency (3-4 times a week) and I usually only shampoo once a week now. You don't have to go all the way, just need to find a balance that works with your hair!

On 26/10/2017 at 0:57 PM, Datepalm said:

Yeah, it could be, but our autumn is so mild its hard to believe, and the rains haven't really started yet. It's been 18-25 degrees day and night all month. I might need to get more sophisticated with the oil-cleanse, because it is more pleasant than using soap for me (today I just did nothing and it seems to have balanced out a bit and my face feels normal) and I've just been using olive oil so far. I may need to try the more astringent types. The hair, alas, I think I'm giving up on at the moment. I've tried quitting shampoo a few times before, and either I'm doing it wrong, or it just benefits from being washed. (I only shampoo once every 4-5 days though.)

I've done the oil-cleansing thing a lot, and it really helped clear my skin up. I use a mix of castor oil and jojoba oil, though, and sometimes add a couple of drops of lavender or tea tree essential oils to my blended bottle of oil. 

I do moisturise afterwards, but I often actually just use a couple more drops of jojoba oil to do that.