Football - dawn of optimism

Iskaral Pust

City is pressing alot better than we are. For the goal our frontline just stood off the ball and allowed the pass to be played under no pressure.

Yeah, this game was always going to be the true test of how good Fellaini is in the deep lying midfielder role. I still maintain that that isn't his best position and KdB is exposing that.

And now a 2nd goal. Don't see a way back for us. City have dominated this game.

A goal from nothing gives us a sniff. Still don't think it will be enough. City are simply a much slicker outfit than we are at this stage. The media hype making us and City favourites for the title has given the impression that we are better than we actually are. Still think that a 3rd/4th place finish is more realistic than a genuine title challenge.

Mkhitaryan had a disappointing half as well. He looks lethargic and his pressing in non-existent.

Ibra should not be taken off. Granted he didn't do much apart from the goal but he can create something out of nothing. Bravo's mistake was hardly a 'gift'. Ibra had a lot still to do (his technique was impeccable) and most strikers wouldn't have scored that.

Just now, Consigliere said:

Ibra should not be taken off. Granted he didn't do much apart from the goal but he can create something out of nothing.

Yeah, but if we can get a player on instead who can constantly create stuff we'll be better off than creating nothing and hoping for Zlatan to create something out of it.

My first thought was bring Rooney off, but Rooney's actually been our only player who's done anything good, so he should stay.

6 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah, but if we can get a player on instead who can constantly create stuff we'll be better off than creating nothing and hoping for Zlatan to create something out of it.

My first thought was bring Rooney off, but Rooney's actually been our only player who's done anything good, so he should stay.

Rashford is on and is already having an impact. Think it is better to have Ibra on the field - someone capable of converting those chances even if his general play is not quite up to standard.

Terrible first half, good in the second. Herrera is a surprisingly useful deep-lying midfielder, allowing Fellaini and Pogba to go forward and do more of what they're good at.

Concerning how many of our players got knackered. I mean City's did too but Bailly could barely walk at the end.

Archived