Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Gods know what everyone else does to deal with this show and the snippets but I can take solace in the fact that the books, whenever he finishes them (fingers crossed and knocking on wood), will outshine whatever D&D&C drop on our screens.

Yep. This is all sounding pretty bad, the only part that sounds sort of interesting is the bit with Bran and the ravens.

44 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

I couldn't disagree with you more. The handful of arrogant posters on these boards pales in comparison to the millions of viewers GOT has, making GOT HBO's most successful series EVER. Here is a little clue, if you don't like something, DON"T watch it.

Success always breeds contempt. Individuals, unhappy with their miserable lot in life, with nothing better do to than bitch and moan about something that is loved by the masses. It's not a new phenomenon. Save me the argument about the books sans all, This show has single handedly sold more books than Grmm could have ever hoped for in his wildest dreams.

Posters like kg1982 that offer up their opinion as fact (This is so stupid or this is terrible writing, etc etc) serve no purpose. Have an opinion, express it, but all one has to do is simply look at how many times certain people do so, over and over and over again, something much more troubling is the root cause than a silly TV show. This whole "this is garbage because I say so" mentality has to go.

So is 50 Shades of Grey quality literature? It sold 125 million copies, topping best seller lists around the world. 

This is a fallacious argument. Popularity isn't a measure of quality. That's entirely subjective, and it's the poster's right to express it how many ever times they like it as well. If you disagree, you're supposed to debate, not make personal attacks.

59 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

I couldn't disagree with you more. The handful of arrogant posters on these boards pales in comparison to the millions of viewers GOT has, making GOT HBO's most successful series EVER. Here is a little clue, if you don't like something, DON"T watch it.

Success always breeds contempt. Individuals, unhappy with their miserable lot in life, with nothing better do to than bitch and moan about something that is loved by the masses. It's not a new phenomenon. Save me the argument about the books sans all, This show has single handedly sold more books than Grmm could have ever hoped for in his wildest dreams.

Posters like kg1982 that offer up their opinion as fact (This is so stupid or this is terrible writing, etc etc) serve no purpose. Have an opinion, express it, but all one has to do is simply look at how many times certain people do so, over and over and over again, something much more troubling is the root cause than a silly TV show. This whole "this is garbage because I say so" mentality has to go.

preach!!!

they are in every single. the people who don't hate the show can make a single statement without getting harassed by this handful of posters. they have entire threads dedicated to hating on the show and its fans, and we don't comment on that. we give them their space to be hateful. but as soon as we want to be positive, speculate, etc, they just cannot resist coming in and infecting the conversation with their negativity.

hating a popular tv show doesn't make you look any smarter, and certainly won't make you feel any happier xoxo

14 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

So is 50 Shades of Grey quality literature? It sold 125 million copies, topping best seller lists around the world. 

This is a fallacious argument. Popularity isn't a measure of quality. That's entirely subjective, and it's the poster's right to express it how many ever times they like it as well. If you disagree, you're supposed to debate, not make personal attacks.

your signature is literally talking about the show burning in hell so you have no right to denounce personal attacks and overreaction

Just now, dsug said:

your signature is literally talking about the show burning in hell so you have no right to denounce personal attacks and overreaction

Umm, personal attack is an attack on the poster. The poster I quoted literally said that those who criticize the show are unhappy, miserable with their lot in life, "arrogant posters", etc. 

2 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Diasgree as always. I know that there are some people who for example give an episode a 7, because it was a 10 production wise, but a 4 writing wise, so the average is 7. Some people have only joined this forum, because it's the place where the attitude towards the show is more negative than elsewhere. There are many disatisfied people here (a number of people have stopped watching the show altogether) and their number has grown a lot over the years. Yes, there are some recurring ranters, but their number has grown over the last two years. I said that this forum has already been more critical than other sites back in season 2, but there were also  more positve comments about the show back then. Reddit Asoiaf still has a more positive attitude than this board, but there are also more dissatified people there nowadays then back when season 4 aired. Something similar has happened on a few other fandom sites where books and show discussions are mixed, maybe not as excessively as here. Still, the part of the fandom which is not only focused on the show but also on the books, has become more crititical about the show in general. I'm not saying that there aren't still many show fans left, they exist, but parts of the fandom have really become more critical of the show.  However, my point is that you may not like this attitude, but it's something you need to get used to on this board, because you will encounter it quite often and I'm pretty sure you'll see more of it once season 7 airs. 

Interesting. The leaker claimed that Jon won't learn about it next season, but we know from the released pictures that he will definetely spend some time with the dragons. I'm wondering in how many episodes the dragons are gonna appear, currently it looks like they wmight spend a lot of money on dragon scenes. 

I find it interesting and significant that other forums' reaction to the leaks as a whole has been much more negative than I expected.

43 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

I find it interesting and significant that other forums' reaction to the leaks as a whole has been much more negative than I expected.

A common criticism is that it seems like there's a lot of action but not much meaning.

This part was interesting, from the other source, which could also apply to both: I don't know about scenes that only involve dialogue I only know about ones that are heavily action oriented

6 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Umm, personal attack is an attack on the poster. The poster I quoted literally said that those who criticize the show are unhappy, miserable with their lot in life, "arrogant posters", etc. 

Exactly. If people want to love the show they are free to do this. I've never once attacked other posters for doing this instead, I ususally reply in a polite manner and try to lay down my arguments. When people disagree with them it's fine with me, because we all have different opinions and interests. 

However, what is not okay is insulting other board users, just because you disagree with them or are annoyed by them. 

1 minute ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

nah the people who criticize the show are more than welcome. hell i encourage a healthy debate. the mudslinging on this site is looking at "criticism" in the rearview mirror. show fans on this forum have consistently been maligned. i have been personally called a rape apologist, misogynist, and uneducated by posters that are still active here. If personal attacks are so terrible, I expect every single insult to D&D to be deleted, because once again, those have crossed the line. drug-addicts, perverts, one poster here said benioff's wife was "ugly." I don't like every decision the books have made, but you don't see me here attacking GRRM's personality, appearance, etc. 

4 minutes ago, dsug said:

nah the people who criticize the show are more than welcome. hell i encourage a healthy debate. the mudslinging on this site is looking at "criticism" in the rearview mirror. show fans on this forum have consistently been maligned. i have been personally called a rape apologist, misogynist, and uneducated by posters that are still active here. If personal attacks are so terrible, I expect every single insult to D&D to be deleted, because once again, those have crossed the line. drug-addicts, perverts, one poster here said benioff's wife was "ugly." I don't like every decision the books have made, but you don't see me here attacking GRRM's personality, appearance, etc. 

I'm sorry to hear that. You can report posters who have attacked you personally, to moderators. 

For those who would like to discuss the show without criticism, you're free to start a "Season 7 Leaks Positive Discussion" or "Season 7 Leaks Only Speculation" thread. This one is way over it's length anyway.

I'd suggest the same on the other side too, for those of us who don't like what we've seen of S7 so far, we can have an R & R thread for that.

Just now, dsug said:

I'm sorry that this happened and I despise people who call you these things. I truely do. I have a lot of issues with this board and one of them is the tendency to call other user stupid just, because you agree with them or to insult them in another manner. 

But in this exact situation I didn't make a single insult and not all show haters behave in this way. The fact that some of them do doesn't give you or any other fan of the show the right to attack show haters who remain polite to you. 

There are some show haters who don't attack show lovers. I had several very friendly debates with show lovers where we both remained calm and polite. 

Regarding the insults against D&D: Well my signature calls the show their mummer's farce, because I don't like the show, but I don't insult them personally. I have one comment about them in my comment history in which I state that "they seem a bit unsympathetic to me, but this was just the impession I had based on their interviews. I know that people behave completely different infront of a camera than they do normally and I've never met them personally. Therefore, I don't really know what kinds of people they are." I continue in that comment by stating that I find it really insulting when people call them "dumb" or "talentless" and that I find it inappropriate to behave in such a way. I stand by this opinion and I disagree with ranters who refer to them in such a way. I agree that such comments should come under the same scrutiny as the comments against GRRM's personal appearance. 

I just want to point out that not all ranters are the same and that some of us may disagree with the personal behaviour of other ranters. However, the fact that showlovers disagree with us doesn't give them the right to insult us. Similarly, we don't have the right to insult show lovers just because we disagree with them. Each side should treat each other with respect, politness and dignety. All sides should refrain from using insults. 

11 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

I'm sorry to hear that. You can report posters who have attacked you personally, to moderators. 

For those who would like to discuss the show without criticism, you're free to start a "Season 7 Leaks Positive Discussion" or "Season 7 Leaks Only Speculation" thread. This one is way over it's length anyway.

I'd suggest the same on the other side too, for those of us who don't like what we've seen of S7 so far, we can have an R & R thread for that.

I think this would be the best idea. 

I'm not going to roll over and play dead. My opinion, opinion!, counts too. I'm also decently successful, happy, and not a miserable person. I really love the book series or I wouldn't waste my time here. I watch the show because I want to; I'm not a masochist either. The book series isn't finished and the show will finish first. Like it or not, this is how I might see bits of what the ending might be. And this ending, the show ending, will be the one the masses know and remember. So I want to see it. 

I wished for a truer adaptation. If that makes me fall in the book snob category, I accept it. I'm a reader, one of 25+ years, and that won't change. 

Now, positively, I'm not surprised by the idea of a wight dragon, given The Ice Dragon. I'm interested in how that plays out and what it might look like. 

I wish we had more info for the Northern storylines, and perhaps we'll get that in the next week. If Bran is having his green dreams, then shouldn't there be flashbacks or, just as interesting, flashforwards? It would be cool if some of those flashforwards were actually changed by present day actions, giving an aura of suspense. I would like that.

30 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I'm sorry that this happened and I despise people who call you these things. I truely do. I have a lot of issues with this board and one of them is the tendency to call other user stupid just, because you agree with them or to insult them in another manner. 

But in this exact situation I didn't make a single insult and not all show haters behave in this way. The fact that some of them do doesn't give you or any other fan of the show the right to attack show haters who remain polite to you. 

There are some show haters who don't attack show lovers. I had several very friendly debates with show lovers where we both remained calm and polite. 

Regarding the insults against D&D: Well my signature calls the show their mummer's farce, because I don't like the show, but I don't insult them personally. I have one comment about them in my comment history in which I state that "they seem a bit unsympathetic to me, but this was just the impession I had based on their interviews. I know that people behave completely different infront of a camera than they do normally and I've never met them personally. Therefore, I don't really know what kinds of people they are." I continue in that comment by stating that I find it really insulting when people call them "dumb" or "talentless" and that I find it inappropriate to behave in such a way. I stand by this opinion and I disagree with ranters who refer to them in such a way. I agree that such comments should come under the same scrutiny as the comments against GRRM's personal appearance. 

I just want to point out that not all ranters are the same and that some of us may disagree with the personal behaviour of other ranters. However, the fact that showlovers disagree with us doesn't give them the right to insult us. Similarly, we don't have the right to insult show lovers just because we disagree with them. Each side should treat each other with respect, politness and dignety. All sides should refrain from using insults. 

this was not directed at anyone in particular. i've just become very frustrated with the direction this board has taken. this used to be my favorite site, i would check it constantly. now, someone like me gets torn to shreds for making a comment about the show. and if its not aimed directly at me, its just weighing down the discussion as a whole with pointless digs at the show or the fans. i welcome debate and all forms of discussion, but half the time, the comments aren't even contributing. it's just being salty for the sake of being salty.

i'm sure someone will say "oh boohoo the fans can't handle it when someone says something bad about the show," which is not the case. i could write a novel about the mistakes i think the show has made, but its not the only thing i wish to discuss. i know this is the internet and none of this matters, but c'mon people. we're all here for a reason. I thought that reason was that we all liked the show, but apparently that is no longer so. 

i agree that the "non-fans" for lack of a better word should have their own threads. who am i to decide what people can and can't say? I personally will not visit those threads, but i encourage their creation. but as general forum etiquette, i think it best if they keep the intense hating to their own threads, and let the rest of us speculate, hype, and enjoy without constant challenging and belittling. 

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

A common criticism is that it seems like there's a lot of action but not much meaning.

This part was interesting, from the other source, which could also apply to both: I don't know about scenes that only involve dialogue I only know about ones that are heavily action oriented

yes the leaker seems to have a lot of insider info on stunt-heavy, extra-heavy scenes. the majority of the scenes of the show are between a small number of characters, filmed behind closed doors on a set more heavily guarded than the white house. so i think we should reserve judgement on the "meaning" of scenes, or lack thereof. 

unless the leaker is a member of the production, the information he has is at most second-hand. more likely is that he heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from someone, etc etc. so if the parts aren't false or omitted, its likely that parts of it are skewed or very general. 

20 hours ago, kg1982 said:

First we don't know anything about Davos. Could be another mission must like his mission in the books that makes him leave Stannis.

Do they have the internet there? The news? Not to mention it's a last ditch effort. They figure if she's smart enough to do all that she'd be smart enough to figure out who the real enemy is at the moment. And it's probably not just for her. But everyone in the South. Jon has already met a bunch of crazy people who at least could rationalise. Also it's just a parley. He had a parley with Ramsay. And if the reports are correct his plan works because Jaime decides he wants to help. That's a big thing, going to war with Cersei means good men dying. Men better used to fight White Walkers. That's enough of a good reason to at least try. You'd be a fool to not to.

2 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

which is so much different than someone saying how stupid this is and how stupid that is, over and over and over again, ad nauseum how? I am sorry if I choose to only quote one response in my thread that got you in an uproar, perhaps I should go back and multi-quote all 20+ in this thread alone to make my point?

Jon is stupid

the writers are stupid

the wight hunt is stupid

etc etc. stupid stupid stupid

It doesn't take a scholar to derive an implied meaning that anyone that thinks differently is therefore stupid as well, so spare me your ..............

The Wight hunt is a perfect understandable and rather ingenious plot line that makes perfect sense. It is not stupid. There is literally no better way to bring the whole of Westeros together. None.

3 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

which is so much different than someone saying how stupid this is and how stupid that is, over and over and over again, ad nauseum how? I am sorry if I choose to only quote one response in my thread that got you in an uproar, perhaps I should go back and multi-quote all 20+ in this thread alone to make my point?

Jon is stupid

the writers are stupid

the wight hunt is stupid

etc etc. stupid stupid stupid

It doesn't take a scholar to derive an implied meaning that anyone that thinks differently is therefore stupid as well, so spare me your ..............

The Wight hunt is a perfect understandable and rather ingenious plot line that makes perfect sense. It is not stupid. There is literally no better way to bring the whole of Westeros together. None.

None? The author might have ways of doing it. You could always have the Others full scale invade itself and for people to realise they're fucked. The wight hunt is ridiculously stupid in a lot of posters' opinions and that doesn't make them any less correct than yours.

And no, alteast I don't happen to think anyone who likes the plotline is stupid, if you like it, more power to you.

Archived